19 hours ago, BookishOcelot said:

It hit 11% ahhhhh!

3 hours ago, not an Evil Librarian said:

13%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The short amount of hours between these two statements means that we should all be proud of this man. Considering the potential size of this novel... he's a little bit dedicated.

He's working hard, and he's doing this for YOU.

A Highstorm cometh...

Edited by ShardGuard

Sanderson is working super hard and super fast on this book! I wonder if that means that it's flowing a lot easier for him, if he's devoting more time to it (his creative writing class should be just about finished, right?), or if it's simply a shorter book (relatively speaking. I doubt any of the books except maybe Book 10 and maybe Book 9). 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Sanderson is working super hard and super fast on this book! I wonder if that means that it's flowing a lot easier for him, if he's devoting more time to it (his creative writing class should be just about finished, right?), or if it's simply a shorter book (relatively speaking. I doubt any of the books except maybe Book 10 and maybe Book 9). 

I think it's a combo of those first two: he's got all the issues worked out with the order pf the books and is putting tons of time into it.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who is only about 200 pages into WoR, his progress has me super excited!  I frankly love that he's so dedicated to actually writing and getting his books out.  I bought TWoK back before Oathbringer was out (although it was like a month from release).  When I first heard it was going to be a ten book series, and only the first two were out, I was tempted to just put it down, thinking "great, another series that'll start well then I'll never hear from it again for over a decade."  Oathbringer released right after, and I actually did my research on Brandon.  The guy is a creative machine, and it inspires the heck out of me.  He's got a hell of a work ethic.  If the series I'm working on is ever published, I hope to deliver the way Brandon does.  Even if it's not Stormlight, there's something every year from the man!  Fantastic stuff.

1 minute ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

20! 1/5 of the first draft is done! 

You beat me to it!

Spoiler

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*celebratory noises*

Brandon's pace right now is insane. It was moved to 21% yesterday morning and is at 23% tonight. He's basically been doing 1% every day he works on it.

I wonder how long part 1 is. Part 1 in OB is around 25% of the book, so he's probably either finished or finishing it soon. Unless he's not doing it chronologically and went through all the flashbacks first, which he did with OB. I wouldn't mind a reddit update when part 1 does get finished, but I'm not going to complain if he spends the time writing more of the book instead.