On 7/29/2020 at 8:41 PM, AonEne said:

Augh, I’m hyped. Do we have a rough date on Songs of the Dead? 

I have a feeling it'll be mid-to-late summer 2021. The book will most likely be finished by the end of the year, and finding a publisher shouldn't be too terribly hard. I guess the big workaround will be if this book is a standalone or the first in a series.  After that, they'll need to promote it (which shouldn't be too big of a problem) and from there it's a go. Then again, I don't work in the industry. 

Edit: It also makes sense for Brandon's publishing schedule. 

Alcatraz 6 will be out by February, and Skyward 3 will most likely hold a November release date (Sanderson's had a book release every November since Oathbringer (OB in 2017, Skyward in 2018, Starsight in 2019, and Rhythm of War this year). That leaves the summer free. Orullian hasn't seemed to have published anything since 2019, and nothing seems to be have a set release date, so I'm going to go ahead and say his schedule is clear for that time slot too. Things may get a bit tricky if The Apocalypse Guard enters the picture, but I doubt it will unless Sanderson finishes Skyward 3 early and is able to work on TAG before starting W&W 4. (And even then, if Dan Wells needs to do a final revision, the book may not come out until Early 2022. But if no further revision is needed, I can see an Early Fall 2021 release. It may require Songs of the Dead to be pushed up a month or so, but for the most part there isn't an overlap in intended audience, so there won't be a conflict.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...