Steris and Selish magic

balletdragon

On 4/24/2019 at 7:54 PM, Invocation said:

Oh, she totally would. If only Selish magic wasn't the absolute worst to try to hack your way into possessing. 

Is all Selish magic hard to hack?  I understand that Elantrian and ChayShan are.  But Dhakor magic seems like it wouldn't be difficult, if you have access to sacrifices and the constitution to make those sacrifices.  And Forgery seems like it just needs study ( A LOT of study).

Just now, Lidolas said:

Is all Selish magic hard to hack?  I understand that Elantrian and ChayShan are.  But Dhakor magic seems like it wouldn't be difficult, if you have access to sacrifices and the constitution to make those sacrifices.  And Forgery seems like it just needs study ( A LOT of study).

All Selish magic is location-based due to the unique situation of their source of magic. Most Shards are primarily in the Spiritual Realm, where location doesn't matter, but the powers of Dominion and Devotion have been shoved into the Cognitive Realm, where location plays a part, hence the national differences in magic and the power drop off once you leave the nations.

9 minutes ago, Invocation said:

All Selish magic is location-based due to the unique situation of their source of magic. Most Shards are primarily in the Spiritual Realm, where location doesn't matter, but the powers of Dominion and Devotion have been shoved into the Cognitive Realm, where location plays a part, hence the national differences in magic and the power drop off once you leave the nations.

Yep, I think I understand the location limitations on Sel.  I thought you meant that she wouldn't be able to use them at all.  I imagine if Steris found herself in Rose Empire with enough time, she'd be a great forger.

Just now, Lidolas said:

Yep, I think I understand the location limitations on Sel.  I thought you meant that she wouldn't be able to use them at all.  I imagine if Steris found herself in Rose Empire with enough time, she'd be a great forger.

Oh, my bad, I misunderstood.

Yeah if she could Connection-hack on the level required to access their magic, she'd be a reasonably skilled Forger.

• Chaos locked this topic