Shardkeepers Podcast

retrorocket1

So I have been having issues with shardcast recently where it shows that there are 6 pages of podcast but I can only access the first one. I have looked up shardkeepers Podcast and can only find four videos with drastically different dates and I am wondering. Is there really 3 years between the first and second shardkeepers podcast? Also it seems the youtube channel doesn't have anything prior to oathbringer. So my question is where did these early episodes gone and is it possible to access them?

21 hours ago, retrorocket1 said:

So I have been having issues with shardcast recently where it shows that there are 6 pages of podcast but I can only access the first one. I have looked up shardkeepers Podcast and can only find four videos with drastically different dates and I am wondering. Is there really 3 years between the first and second shardkeepers podcast? Also it seems the youtube channel doesn't have anything prior to oathbringer. So my question is where did these early episodes gone and is it possible to access them?

Yeah I don’t know why that page turning is broken, but if you want to access other pages, just paste this in at the end of the url: /?page=[insert page number here]. I think the reason there is such a large gap is because they only started doing regular shardcasts during the lead up to Oathbringer. The same applies to the YouTube channel.

18 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Yeah I don’t know why that page turning is broken, but if you want to access other pages, just paste this in at the end of the url: /?page=[insert page number here]. I think the reason there is such a large gap is because they only started doing regular shardcasts during the lead up to Oathbringer. The same applies to the YouTube channel.

thank you so much that worked.

You can also open the pagination in a new tab. There's an error on it and I know how to fix it, but I'm worried about it and I'm worried something will break, which will take time.

Everything is accessible on the site (well, with that pagination issue) or Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/17thshard

They should be accessible on iTunes, Spotify, or any podcast app. There's an RSS feed where you can subscribe to Shardcast to whatever app you want.

There is really three years between Shardkeepers. In 2012 we had grand plans for podcasts. A main Shardcast for general appeal and read throughs, and Shardkeepers for theory stuff. We (mostly I) didn't really understand how much work it is to put out regular podcasts. We also didn't like how our reading of Elantris went, and though we have always wanted to have a read-through podcast, it hasn't solidly materialized. Because we didn't know what the main "Shardcast" show should be, things languished.

We eventually changed it so Shardcast subsumed Shardkeepers, so Shardcast now takes that mantle, and though Shardcast will cover many topics, including reactions, games, book reviews, and WoBs, the core for that show is deep dives into subjects, with a lot of theory stuff 

We did some Shardkeepers before Oathbringer getting us back into the groove. Oathbringer's release, where we formally decided to brand it as Shardcast rather than Shardkeepers, led us to begin posting content on YouTube. I don't have any plans to post the old content, as YouTube and subscribers generally don't like that dump. They do exist. Enjoy seeing our stuff prior to 2017 which was spotty at best, with much worse audio quality.

Since OBs release, I have learned a huge amount about audio editing, video editing, and we have a groove on scheduling. (That groove basically means that though we try to get the best cast for each episode, sometimes that doesn't materialize and we do the best with what we have due to people's scheduling restrictions.) I definitely now know the work that is required in making a show.

Someday we will have some more dedicated YouTube videos that are scripted and well-produced. Someday we will have a read-through podcast. We should have some other game related things. But a lot of our bandwidth is putting out the main Shardcast.

Anyway, that's what's up. Regular episodes only began November 2017.