244 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

@Kidpen Hey, I see you! What do you think about literally anything this game?

Oh shoot someone caught me lurking

Spoiler

Steeldancer-- I have been very bad at reading Steel in the past, so I'm not totally sure what to think about this lynch. The vote on Ark might be a little bit weird, especially considering he literally just then said that Rand had good logic for Ark being village. Actually, scratch that, that's very weird. I can understand voting for someone mostly random just for the purposes of gaining breath, especially C1, but I'm not a fan of him voting just after acknowledging that there's a good case for Ark being village. I'm probably going to vote for him, but first I'm going to finish my analysis.

Xinoehp-- Not doing much. Seems like he's being reasonably villagey. 

Randuir-- Seems fine so far. Some good analysis. Honestly mostly a neutral read thus far.

Alvron-- Acting a bit different from normal, but it doesn't seem like an evil different. It seems possible he's been tunneling a bit on CadCom. I'd say he's more suspicious than the average, but not overly so.

Kidpen-- Incredibly suspicious. Definitely his low posting seems like a ploy as an elim to just fly under the radar. Maybe if he were to do a longer post with some real analysis I'd reconsider.

CadCom-- Honestly seems fine? I'm really not seeing the case here. I think maybe I'm unclear on the sequence of events between Lum and him.

Maill-- Relatively strong village gut read here. Not all that much reasoning for it. 

Rath-- :shrug:

Sart-- Focus on CadCom is a bit weird, but like I said, I don't think I fully understand the reasoning for that. I'd be tempted to say a Steel/Alv/Sart team if Alv and Sart weren't so consistently together.

Joe-- Actually seems really weird? Honestly not sure what to say about this. I'd like to see more from him (hehe I'm one to talk).

Steel.

Partially sheeping, partially for the reasoning presented.

Hopefully this should be enough for some people to get a read on me.

So... when does this turn end? I don’t understand the mysteries of Australian time. 

Just now, Steeldancer said:

So... when does this turn end? I don’t understand the mysteries of Australian time. 

A little under 5 hours from now.

1 minute ago, Young Bard said:

A little under 5 hours from now.

Oh maybe I’ll survive then sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Should be 3:30 your time.

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

Should be 3:30 your time.

Yeah, I’m going to bed. 

If any more of you decide to vote on me, realize none of you are getting breath out of this lol. So your vote ain’t doing much. Only the first two will receive any breath. 

I'm worried there's some Sart/Rand conspiracy or something where they drive various lynches as aggressive Shadows. I just feel like we might be off somewhere but I don't know where or on who. I need a data point. 

Argh, QF's go by too fast. I'll try to get something up tomorrow, but nothing today. Sorry.

Posted (edited)

Lots of people suddenly rushing to the defense of Steeldancer. Interesting.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lots of people suddenly rushing to the defense of Steeldancer. Interesting.

Huh? I don’t see that anywhere. The last vote on CadCom was Alv and that was a while ago. Nothing recent has been in defense of Steel that I can see. 

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Huh? I don’t see that anywhere. The last vote on CadCom was Alv and that was a while ago. Nothing recent has been in defense of Steel that I can see. 

Yes, 4 votes on Steel, 1 on cadcom, then in 5 hours, they are tied. I count that as Recent.

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Yes, 4 votes on Steel, 1 on cadcom, then in 5 hours, they are tied. I count that as Recent.

Fair enough. I’ll admit part of that was my doing. I wanted to see if Steel would jump onto a CadCom lynch if that was an alternative or if he’d avoid that, leading me to believe they’d be on a team together. I’m still not sure. I’ll take my vote off to see that there’s a lynch. CadCom

15ish minutes left, I believe, and it is currently 4 votes on Steel, and 3 on Cadcom. I currently see Fura in the thread, and if no one else posts, I will continue to add to this list as I see people enter the thread.

Hi! I'm in the thread now.but just because I accidentally fell asleep on the couch. I am logging off now. 

12 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

15ish minutes left, I believe, and it is currently 4 votes on Steel, and 3 on Cadcom. I currently see Fura in the thread, and if no one else posts, I will continue to add to this list as I see people enter the thread.

...Well, I was about to say there's half an hour left, and to get your actions in - if people really want this to be the end time in future cycles I could probably do that, though.

2 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

...Well, I was about to say there's half an hour left, and to get your actions in - if people really want this to be the end time in future cycles I could probably do that, though.

Not at all, I misunderstood the timing. My apologies.

I however, will be going to sleep now.

And that's the end of the Cycle, everyone. Please stand by for the next cycle.

The Steel would have rubbed his hands gleefully, if it had any.

He'd figured out the key to the mastery of Spiritwebs, and he had all the Breath he needed to put that knowledge to use. He'd struck a gold-mine of Breath with N'Nairim the previous night, and he wasn't about to let it go to waste.

On the dining table in front of him, he had a body. It was young, fit, healthy - the perfect specimen. He hadn't asked where it had come from - he hadn't cared. One of the perks of being a bad guy, he supposed.

He'd drained it of blood, and was in the process of slowly filling the body with ichor-alcohol when there was a knock on the door.

Steel thought quickly. There wasn't an easy way to move or hide the body, not in it's current delicate state. He redoubled his effort, ignoring the door. Why did they have to come now? This is such a delicate stage.

Steel moved carefully around, slowly injecting the ichor-alcohol into the creatures liver. This was not a stage he could afford to rush - one slip, and the syringe could tear a hole and his work would be ruined. Cautious, but quick. That was the way to do it.

Outside, it sounded like a mob was beginning to form, and someone shouted for something to crash down the door with. Well, that was just fine with him. Let's see how they liked his new friend. He paused. He couldn't technically breathe, by the usual definition of the word, but imagining taking a deep breath was still calming to him. Then, he resumed work, not hurriedly - he couldn't afford to screw up, but with a determined purpose.

The mob was rising to fever pitch now - he could hear jeers and yells coming from outside the door. He'd filled all of the major organs, he just needed to make on the various arteries and veins now for peak performance.

Thud. The door shook on its hinges as something heavy crashed into it from the other side. The crowd cheered.

Steel sighed. It would have to be good enough. If he'd just had a little more time... Those that interrupted him would pay. Slowly, he removed the syringe he'd been using to fill the Lifeless with, and began to check for any perforations.

Thud. There was a slight cracking sound as the door began to give way, and one hinge looked slightly buckled.

Just one perforation, near the stomach - Steel tutted. He was normally so meticulous about these things, the others must have made him shake slightly. It wasn't a major concern, however - he could have it sewn up later - for now, he quickly and efficiently wrapped a small bandage around the wound just to be safe.

Thud. The hinges snapped off cleanly, and the door was thrown backwards, narrowly avoiding Steel. The doorway was dusty, but Steel could make out the silhouettes on the other side as it began to clear. None of them seemed to be the one to go through first. Clever people.

"Awaken to my Breath." Steel intoned, the words ingrained into him. "Serve my needs, live at my command and my word." His voice dropped down to a whisper. "The command word is Unfinished Business. Kill everyone who steps through the front door."

The Breath flowed out of him, into the body in front of him. It began to twitch as finally, someone stepped through the door to try to get him. Steel could have smiled. Just a few moments too late.

The Lifeless sat up, and slowly turned, its face entirely neutral. It stood up, and began to walk towards the leading mobster.

But... something was wrong. It was moving too slowly - had he done something wrong? He thought back - no, he was sure he'd done everything he needed to, that he hadn't made any mistakes. He had been careful, as always. He looked closer at the body - it seemed to be limping on one leg. The specimen had had a limp in life. It could have made a fine Lifeless in different circumstances - but it was useless as a fighter.

The mob surged forward - it wouldn't take them long to finish off the Lifeless. He had to come up with another plan. This wasn't it - this couldn't be it, it just felt wrong. Undone, by something so small? No, Steel couldn't allow that.

The ichor-alcohol? He'd only had the one kadaver left, and there was no time to make another Lifeless anyway. The scalpel and the syringe were theoretically makeshift weapons on the fly, but against a dozen mobsters with swords? Ha.

There was one idea left. Steel smiled. Well, it was a long shot, but it would have to do.

The Lifeless fell to the ground, bleeding ichor from a hundred different wounds. It still moved sluggishly for a moment, trying to fulfil its commands, before collapsing to the ground. The mob turned its attention to the Steel, who sat, still, with a flask in front of him.

"Well, it was a good run." the Steel said, nodding to the crowd. "Well done - what was it that caught me out?"

The mob stared at him.

"I propose a toast - for old times sake. I... uhhh, can't drink, since I don't technically have a digestive tract being Awakened Steel and all, but you go ahead. Those were fun times we had, weren't they?"

Silence.

"You get to celebrate! Hurrah! You caught me! Well done! I'm proud of you! What are you waiting for. Let's just toast and you can get on with the job. Maybe if you have a chat while you drink, you'll be able to get a couple names of my teammates out of me."

In front of him, Rath turned to Joe. "The drink is poisoned, isn't it."
"Yup."

Rath drew his sword and hammered it through the Steel.

Steel felt his consciousness... split. Two halves, with the fractured Spiritweb slowly untangling from where it had been severed. He... he was dying, probably, whatever that meant. All this work, to be undone...

Well, not all his work. His prototype had gone well...

Sart smiled. They'd caught a Shadow. And if they caught one, surely it couldn't be too hard to do it again, as many times as it took until every last one of them was gone.

All in all, things were good. He strode down the street, breathing in the lively Hallandren the atmosphere. Everything cried out for his attention, and he drank it all in, smelt the flowers, admired the sights. A cart with all sorts of aromatic smells passed by, narrowly avoiding squashing a bunny as it hopped across the road.

Sart knew there was a marketplace nearby, so he began to head towards it. As he approached, the bunny hopped towards him, ears flattened in fright from all noise in the big city. Sart reached down to pet it. It looked up at him, and it was only then that Sart saw the bunnys eyes, dead and grey, and entirely lifeless. The bunny lunged forward, a furious bundle of teeth and fur, aiming straight for Sart's throat. Sart moved backwards, but too slow. It was over in seconds, and the bunny's bloody Commands were done.

It hopped off from the prone body, and continued bouncing along the road.

For those who wonder why a bunny randomly appeared, it's a reference to a series of writeups from a while ago, last time someone ran a Breath game. A long, long while ago. I feel old now. Also, the bunny was just there as flavour - they're not an actual Lifeless.

Awakened Steel (Steeldancer) was lynched! They were a member of the Black Shadows!
Sart was killed by the Black Shadows! They were a member of the Hallandren Alliance.

Vote Count:
Steel(5): Rath, Joe, Rand, CadCom, Kidpen
CadCom(3): Sart, Alv, Steel

Player List:
Steeldancer - Awakened Steel
Xinoehp - Thaerb
Ark1002 - Katie the Koloss
Elandera - Turquoise-Bellied Alligator (TBA)
Randuir - in
CadCom - Ch. Aracter TBA
Alvron - Izzy Dedyet
Lumgol - N'Nairim
Kidpen - Buffy the Black Shadow Slayer
Devotary - Hohelin
Maill - M'Malil
Rathmaskal -
Sart - Sart
Joe - Jeo

Well then. Lets start with a quick vote in honour of Sart: Alvron. He voted to save Steel C2, and attempted to swing the vote away from him C3.

on a related note, @Cadmium Compounder and @Kidpen, would you be willing to reveal how much breath you got from the lynch? Because I think it's possible steel was the one that killed lumgol, and it'd be nice to confirm. I got 2, which means Steel had at least 8 breath.

Now, to take a more in-depth look at the development of the votes last cycle, as I suspect that'll be telling.  The first vote on Steeldancer was Rathmaskal, who moved his vote off of cadcom and created a 3-way tie between alvron, steeldancer and cadcom. The vote  was supported with some arguments. If cadcom is village I'd say Rathmaskal is certainly village. if cadcom is an elim there's still a chance for Rathmaskal to be evil, but only a small one.

The next vote on Steel was joe, which put steel in the lead. I really wish Joe was providing more argumentation, as that'd allow me to get a better grasp on his position, but I see little reason why elim!joe would vote there as he did, especially if Steel had as big a load of breath as it looks like he did.

Cadcom makes the fourth vote on Steel, which happens at at time when the steel wagon seemed the only really viable one. Alvron had 2 votes, but one of them was cadcom's, and I believe I was the only other one to really state suspicion of Alv, and at that point I'd already locked in my vote against steeldancer.

After that, the cadcom wagon gets built up rather quickly with votes from Sart, Alvron and steel in addition to Maill's vote. I kinda wish this wagon had been on anyone else, as it'd have been telling to see what way cadcom voted wit that tie created.

After that, kidpen votes to break the tie against steeldancer again, and Maill drops his vote from the Cadcom wagon, but doesn't add it to the steel wagon. This is an interesting development here. He indirectly reinforces the steel wagon by increasing the gap between the steel and cadcom votes. However, he doesn't jump on the steel vote, which would have gotten him at least 1 breath, something elim!Maill would have known. Then again, he could have avoided adding his vote there precisely because it'd make a lot of sense for an end-of-cycle elim vote.

So, as a consequence of yesterday's vote, I'm leaning village on Rath, joe and somewhat on kidpen. I'm leaning elim on alvron, and I'm not really leaning one way or another on Maill.

I'm also leaning somewhat elimy on Cadcom, but for different reasons, though I want to see how the Alvron lynch works out first.

The reasons I'm currently somewhat leaning elim on cadcom is because he made a bit of a soft-defense for steel, and his vote came around the time when the steel wagons seemed locked in. As I've said before I don't see much of a chance of Alvron and cadcom being on the same team because of the C1 votes, and I'm more suspicious of Alvron, so that's where I'm voting right now.

A quick reread of the thread has made me interested in an Alvron lynch. I'll post reasoning later.

,Well, sart was going to be my next vote due to him tunneling on me, but I guess I can't do that any more. I'm going to return my vote onto Alv, where it was last cycle. To answer rand, yes, I got 2 breaths, which would confirm that he had at least 9 (one of his own, and 8 from Lumgol most likely)

More thoughts later

I dropped off the vote, but didn’t add a new one because I didn’t think Steel would have that many Breath and I was going to bed. 

Posted (edited)

I'll vote Alvron - Gameplay has been the most likely ally of Steel.  I'm still not sure who I think the third elim might be.  Rand made some good points about CadCom and I was already thinking that that wasn't the 3-man team (Steel, Alvron, and CadCom)

At this point, I'm thinking xino might be elim #3.  I'll start re-reading the thread to see where that's coming from, but I know that was one of the main possibilities I came up with when reading through yesterday.

Also, @Randuir - Steel was almost definitely the killer of Lumgol since he had at least 11 breath.  And yes, I know that probably puts a bit of a target on my back mentioning that, but I'll try to be as productive as possible today so all my input is out there.

I don't think I've seen anyone in thread since I posted this...so edit:

CadCom, this post doesn't make much sense from you:

Here you note that "...Steel has such a village read from me..."

But in this post you have Steel as your #2 suspect:

And then here you note that he's back on the top of your suspect list:

Edit #2 - I think I just answered my own question - I'm thinking 'from' really means 'on'...In other words, Steel was reading CadCom as village.  Got it.

Edit #3 - fixed the links after previous thread got merged.

Edited by Rathmaskal
Added question for CadCom

2 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

Here you note that "...Steel has such a village read from me..."

That should have said "...Steel has such a village read ON me..." Just like you said. 

Time is still not really on my side, but I've at least got some time to do a review of the two people that I don't have solid reads on yet, being Xinoehp and Maill.

Xinoehp actually had a decent turn of activity in the first cycle of the game, though I see little in the way of Alignment indicative stuff. Xinoehp was rather protective of Cadcom during C1, however, so if Alvron is village, I could see cadcom and Xinoehp being the remaining elims. It should also be noted that Xinoehp seemed to be kicking a bit of shade in the direction of steel with regards too the Ark lynch, but never followed up on that. I don't have a solid lead on Xinoehp right now.

Now, on to Maill. It should be noted that I have a fairly active PM with him, which usually makes my read on someone trend towards the village side if no other evidence presents itself. I'd like to think that after the fifth time of getting bamboozled by Orlok that way I've learned a thing or two, but we'll see :P 

Anyway, first note-worthy thing: the breath auction. I can think of a variety of reasons why someone of either alignment might do that, but I'm curious if Maill is willing to explain that one.

Maill was the first to vote on Ark. I'd say this is probably NAI, especially given how early it happened in the cycle. He also voted early on Steel C2, which does make him look better given how close things came to lynching Steel C2. I've already remarked on their voting last cycle. Overall Maill seems rather clean. I don't have a particularly solid read on him, but I'm leaning a bit village right now.