Young Bard

Since I'm assuming Awakened items can be used more than once, and it's kind of doubtful that we'll get a lot of Breath from the lynch lottery, getting the ropes(and potentially the Strawmen if Breath passing happens) out early seems like a good plan. The first Heightening Breath scan could be used to detect abnormally high amounts of Breath, but I don't know if that will be particularly useful as an alignment scan as we have some natural differences in Breath levels and the Shadows can hide their stolen Breath in items. 

Buffy walked among the strange people here to try and slay the strange Black Shadow gang. She hadn't been in a situation like this ever before-normally she only hunted the Shadows out on the streets, with the proper tools. A wooden stake metal spike to kill them properly and her multitude of breaths that give her the ability to tell when the Black Shadows stand out among the common folk. And yet here she was, without any of her usual assets, forced to rely on these amateurs to identify the Black Shadows just using this silly "social deduction" thing.

Oh well. You work with what you have.

Hey! I exist. I also recently started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's all.

40 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Specifically cause she already had a vote, so that I could have a higher chance of a successful lynch

And why are you trying to have a higher chance if a succesful lynch on, as far as I can tell, no one in particular?

N'Nairim sat up in her bed while her father was sleeping. The stars were unusually clear today. They beckoned to the sleepless Nai as her thoughts swirled with frustration.

She should be allowed to help, to participate. It didn't matter that she was still a girl, or that she might get caught with her hair changing - revealing her identity as a royal bastard. She was tired of being kept safe. So, for the first time, her heart racing, Nai gathered a long strip of cloth that she had prepared, infused it with her single breath, and climbed out the window. Free.

Who knew that a bastard, kept hidden in servants' quarters her whole life, could actually amount to something?

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Well the alligator checked in, so elandera. Alvron hasn't though. What do you have to say for yourself? 

Izzy looked at the strange lump of Steel that seemed to be talking.  Maybe it was some sort of cosmic joke that an inanimate object could talk while she couldn't.

Izzy didn't respond to the metal chunk for in truth she couldn't have even if she wanted to.  Instead she went about following the Commands that had been given to her.

Find the false Shadows
Kill the false Shadows
And if possible: Collect as much Breath as she could.

Izzy knew that keeping any Breath she received would be dangerous so instead she planned to put Breath into objects whenever possible.  That way even if the false Shadows killed her, they wouldn't gain any Breath she had stored up.

Hi! I'm here. It's getting a bit past halfway in the cycle, and it appears that I'm up for the lynch. I'm gonna vote on alvron because I dont think I saw a comment from him yet. @Sart I hope my post is sufficient. @Ark1002are you just boping for a successful lynch, or have I done enough to find a successful lynch somewhere else?

Edit: removed vote on alvron, because he was literally the post before mine. ark I'll remove my vote if you remove yours.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

Ark, and probably others, are hoping to gain Breath by lynching people. Since most people who have claimed said between 1-3 Breaths, lynching people isn't a particularly efficient method of gaining Breath, but it is the main way for villagers to increase their amount of Breath to levels sufficient for item creation. Hoping to gain Breath shouldn't be the main reason for voting, but it is a nice side benefit. The incentive to bandwagon will interact strangely with the fact that many players won't be around for rollover, which will likely mean that those who can vote later in the cycle will receive the most Breath from lynches, or that we'll actually decide on a lynch well before the end of cycle.

20 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hi! I'm here. It's getting a bit past halfway in the cycle, and it appears that I'm up for the lynch. I'm gonna vote on alvron because I dont think I saw a comment from him yet. @Sart I hope my post is sufficient. @Ark1002are you just boping for a successful lynch, or have I done enough to find a successful lynch somewhere else?

Edit: removed vote on alvron, because he was literally the post before mine. ark I'll remove my vote if you remove yours.

"No. I'm afraid it's not. You seem especially eager to deflect the vote away from you. First you try to lynch Izzy, in order to blend in and perhaps lynch a coward. Then, when you realized he had spoken up, you voted on Katie (Ark). Why? I could understand voting on someone who is joining bandwagons left and right. However, that was not your stated reasoning. You wanted his vote off of you, and bargained your vote in exchange. If you were a villager, you shouldn't have had anything to fear. I would have removed my vote off of you, and Katie would then follow to a better target. Instead, you panicked, because you are a Black Shadow, and felt our suspicions were justified. Now, you could be innocent, but this is the best lead we have at present." Sart took a sip of tea. "Unless you have a better suggestion?"

Izzy listened attentively to Sart.  Despite getting her gender wrong, Sart made a good argument.  Izzy moved closer to Ch. Aracter TBA.  If they were going to make a break for it, Izzy wanted to be prepared to stop them.

Huh, interesting. I'd been hoping to see some form of Bandwagon on Ark start, as he seems to be the easiest lynch because of his vote pattern seeming to be focused on getting breath, not solving the game. However, because it's a so obviously non-village thing to do, I am leaning somewhat village on him. That's not to say that I think his current actions are particularly productive or good for the village, just that I'm inclined to think that he isn't an elim.

Anyway,a s I was saying, I'd hoped to see some form of bandwagon against him by now, as that could have given me some additional initial reads. Instead there's cadcom's single vote, which is getting called out by Sart for decent reasons, though Sart's initial vote had similar reason's to cadcom's initial vote.

I'm not to sure about what to think about Alvron's vote right now, as it seems to be pretty blatant bandwagoning, so that (alvron) is where I'm going to leave my vote. I don't disagree with the votes on Cadcom, but it feels to me like its a bit early in the game and the cycle to push a lynch into a decent lead without adding new arguments.

This is likely my last post this cycle, though I might check in once more in an hour or so if I haven't fallen asleep yet.

Edited by Randuir

Vote Count:
Cadmium Compounder (3): Sart, Ark, Alvron
Lumgol (1): Joe
Alvron (1): Randuir
Ark (2): Steeldancer, Mailliw

Edited by Sart
Missed Mailliw's vote

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Ark, and probably others, are hoping to gain Breath by lynching people. Since most people who have claimed said between 1-3 Breaths, lynching people isn't a particularly efficient method of gaining Breath, but it is the main way for villagers to increase their amount of Breath to levels sufficient for item creation. Hoping to gain Breath shouldn't be the main reason for voting, but it is a nice side benefit. The incentive to bandwagon will interact strangely with the fact that many players won't be around for rollover, which will likely mean that those who can vote later in the cycle will receive the most Breath from lynches, or that we'll actually decide on a lynch well before the end of cycle.

Makes sense. 

Sart, Cadcom has shown up- why haven't you removed your poke-vote?

Ah, wait- read that post. Nevertheless, the point stands- keeping yourself alive is a good move even if you are village; yourself is the only person you know is village.

Edited by xinoehp512

Reading alignment from bandwagons might be a bit difficult this game. While elims are almost certainly going to at least try, village has just as much incentive for joining it as elims. I'd actually venture to say that it might be worth bandwagoning to limit the amount of breath any elims might get from it. I'd also say elims will be more apt to try to lead the lynches, as it would garner them the most breaths.

That being said, I don't like the bandwagon on CadCom. It seems purely for the sake of getting breaths, rather than for finding elims.

Sart

Vote Count:
Ark (3): Steeldancer, Mailliw, CadCom
Sart (2): Xinoehp, Elandera

41 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Reading alignment from bandwagons might be a bit difficult this game. While elims are almost certainly going to at least try, village has just as much incentive for joining it as elims. I'd actually venture to say that it might be worth bandwagoning to limit the amount of breath any elims might get from it. I'd also say elims will be more apt to try to lead the lynches, as it would garner them the most breaths.

That being said, I don't like the bandwagon on CadCom. It seems purely for the sake of getting breaths, rather than for finding elims.

Sart

Sheesh. My gut is going crazy over this post. Allow me to explain why, piece by piece.

• "Reading alignments might be a bit difficult this game." They always are. Even with copious analysis, a vote always comes down to gut feeling.
  • "While elims are almost certainly going to try," Try what? Bandwagoning? Well, yes they always want to join lynches started by villagers to implicate villagers later down the line.
  • "Village has just as much incentive for joining it as elims." Joining the lynch? We have more incentive. It's our only way to gain breaths. The elims can kill to gain more.
  • "I'd actually venture to say that it might be worth bandwagoning to limit the amount of breath any elims might get from it" Yes, let's hop on lynches and quell discussion. That seems like a solid plan.
  • "I'd also say elims will be more apt to try to lead the lynches, as it would garner them the most breaths." They don't need the breaths, they can kill to gain breaths. Even then, the Breath gained by a lynch will be minimal at best.
  • "That being said, I don't like the bandwagon on CadCom." Why not? I voiced reasoning for it, and Alvron seconded that reasoning.
  • "It seems purely for the sake of gettting breaths, rather than for finding elims." If you're so mad about that, go lynch Ark. I've provided reasoning for my vote. CadCom is doing the same thing that Lumgol did in the Long Game. He had two votes on him, and panicked, voting on Ark. While it's not a strictly random vote like Joe's on Lumgol, Mailliw's voted on Ark with the preface that it was probably going to change. Yes, Ark is voting on people who have votes on them, but that is a serious IKYK. I don't think Elim!Ark would be that bold about it.

Jeo bounced his dice in his palm as he watched the others screaming at each other. He knew, beyond the shadow of a breath, that N'Nairim was evil. But he wouldn't be able to do anything about that. Not without the others. Katie, Sart, and Ch Acter Tba. One of them would assuredly die this day, due to nothing but fear. Were they guilty? He didn't know. But, nest to get more breath to fuel his dice, and better understand the future. But which one?

He dropped to his heels, resting elbows on knees, and dropped his dice to the ground. Sart. The dice voted for Sart. Very well.

LumgolSart

54 minutes ago, Sart said:

Vote Count:

Sheesh. My gut is going crazy over this post. Allow me to explain why, piece by piece.

• "Reading alignments might be a bit difficult this game." They always are. Even with copious analysis, a vote always comes down to gut feeling.
  • "While elims are almost certainly going to try," Try what? Bandwagoning? Well, yes they always want to join lynches started by villagers to implicate villagers later down the line.
  • "Village has just as much incentive for joining it as elims." Joining the lynch? We have more incentive. It's our only way to gain breaths. The elims can kill to gain more.
  • "I'd actually venture to say that it might be worth bandwagoning to limit the amount of breath any elims might get from it" Yes, let's hop on lynches and quell discussion. That seems like a solid plan.
  • "I'd also say elims will be more apt to try to lead the lynches, as it would garner them the most breaths." They don't need the breaths, they can kill to gain breaths. Even then, the Breath gained by a lynch will be minimal at best.
  • "That being said, I don't like the bandwagon on CadCom." Why not? I voiced reasoning for it, and Alvron seconded that reasoning.
  • "It seems purely for the sake of gettting breaths, rather than for finding elims." If you're so mad about that, go lynch Ark. I've provided reasoning for my vote. CadCom is doing the same thing that Lumgol did in the Long Game. He had two votes on him, and panicked, voting on Ark. While it's not a strictly random vote like Joe's on Lumgol, Mailliw's voted on Ark with the preface that it was probably going to change. Yes, Ark is voting on people who have votes on them, but that is a serious IKYK. I don't think Elim!Ark would be that bold about it.
I think Elandera is pretty correct in her reasoning. It may always be hard to read alignments, but it's going to be even more so now. When someone bandwagons in this game, you don't know if they're doing it because of elim reasons (just for the sake of lynching them, or because they can't come up with reasoning for someone else) or because they want to get Breaths. 
I also do not think that CadCom's post sounds panicked. It seems like a perfectly reasonable thing for a villager to do after finding a poke-vote and a bandwagon on themselves.

If we're lynching just to gain Breath, why don't we lynch the person who has claimed to have more breath than anyone else so far? Maill has claimed 3. Steel and I have claimed 1. I don't recall anyone else claiming. The only thing I particularly have against lynching Maill is that his auction intrigues me. So I'll wait and see how things go.

1 hour ago, Sart said:

Vote Count:

Responding, piece by piece.

• Yes, they always are hard to read, but you left out the important bit. Reading alignments in bandwagons. A lot of the time we can narrow down elim suspects based on how easily they joined a bandwagon. That's more difficult this time due to the nature of gaining breaths.
  • Yes, bandwagoning. They will try, if nothing else, to keep breath out of village hands. There are plenty of items or heightenings that can thwart elims if gained, so they will certainly bandwagon to slow down the process of gaining lives.
  • Village does have more incentive, which goes to my original point. Jumping on a bandwagon will be more difficult to read if elim or village because both have mechanic-based reasons to do so, no just the potential to set someone up for later or as an attempt to hide.
  • While they can kill to get breaths, leading lynches will help them gain them faster and keep more breaths out of village hands (see point 2).
  • The first vote seemed to be a poke vote. And I don't agree with the reasoning stated later. I read CadCom's post as just showing up and taking action. His vote on alvron was quickly removed in what seemed to be to be a ninja'd post kind of situation. It didn't seem suspicious, while your determination is suspicious to me. (see point 2 and 4)
  • I'm not mad about your vote on CadCom, I just find it suspicious. Ark's vote seems to be just Ark being Ark. Also, voting quickly in this situation doesn't seem off to me, since cycles are short and time to get on might be limited. You're the one who said vote now, vote often.

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Lumgol

I'd like to echo Randuir's statement from earlier. Sharing how many breaths we have (especially how many other people are holding) is highly problematic. Did we learn nothing from the LG?

Edited by Elandera

6 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Responding, piece by piece.

• Yes, they always are hard to read, but you left out the important bit. Reading alignments in bandwagons. A lot of the time we can narrow down elim suspects based on how easily they joined a bandwagon. That's more difficult this time due to the nature of gaining breaths.
  • Yes, bandwagoning. They will try, if nothing else, to keep breath out of village hands. There are plenty of items or heightenings that can thwart elims if gained, so they will certainly bandwagon to slow down the process of gaining lives.
  • Village does have more incentive, which goes to my original point. Jumping on a bandwagon will be more difficult to read if elim or village because both have mechanic-based reasons to do so, no just the potential to set someone up for later or as an attempt to hide.
  • While they can kill to get breaths, leading lynches will help them gain them faster and keep more breaths out of village hands (see point 2).
  • The first vote seemed to be a poke vote. And I don't agree with the reasoning stated later. I read CadCom's post as just showing up and taking action. His vote on alvron was quickly removed in what seemed to be to be a ninja'd post kind of situation. It didn't seem suspicious, while your determination is suspicious to me. (see point 2 and 4)
  • I'm not mad about your vote on CadCom, I just find it suspicious. Ark's vote seems to be just Ark being Ark. Also, voting quickly in this situation doesn't seem off to me, since cycles are short and time to get on might be limited. You're the one who said vote now, vote often.

To clarify, I'm voting on CadCom because he voted on Ark, not on Alvron. His first vote was non-alignment indicative. However, what rang as very suspicious to me was his immediate switch to Ark. We both seem to agree that Ark's vote swings were just Ark being Ark. I read CadCom's vote as trying to join the "obvious" lynch, rather than taking the time to come up with his own suspicions. This post makes me think you're less likely to be evil, but my gut still isn't sure. With all that being said, I'm in a rough place now. The vote is tied three ways. I could switch to Ark, but like I said, I'm not suspicious of them right now. I may vote on them to save myself if I get another vote, but I'll wait as long as I can for that.

1 minute ago, Sart said:

To clarify, I'm voting on CadCom because he voted on Ark, not on Alvron. His first vote was non-alignment indicative. However, what rang as very suspicious to me was his immediate switch to Ark. We both seem to agree that Ark's vote swings were just Ark being Ark. I read CadCom's vote as trying to join the "obvious" lynch, rather than taking the time to come up with his own suspicions. This post makes me think you're less likely to be evil, but my gut still isn't sure. With all that being said, I'm in a rough place now. The vote is tied three ways. I could switch to Ark, but like I said, I'm not suspicious of them right now. I may vote on them to save myself if I get another vote, but I'll wait as long as I can for that.

It read to me like a self-preservation vote. Something you clearly are not opposed to, if you're considering it yourself.