259 posts in this topic

Jeo the yellow and his dice are somehow alive, and ready to gamble with breaths.

Signups are closed! Cycle 1 will be up in a little bit.

Posted (edited)

Endowment. The act of bestowing onto others, of gifting them, in this case, with BioChromatic powers, the ability to wield divine energy for their own ends. I can not help but think that Edgli expected it to create some sort of paradise - a world under which empathy and compassion reign supreme. In that, it is quite clear that she failed.

People get extraordinary power by Endowments Grace, and what do they do with it? They use it to kill and hurt each other.

Everyone will have their internal justifications for it. These ‘Black Shadows’ think that by collecting all the Breath, they will be able to achieve some level of power, believing they could do a better job of leading. On the other side, the ‘Hallandren Alliance’ tries to stamp out these Shadows with all the subtlety and discrimination of a Rosharan Chasmfiend, perhaps to an even greater cost than the Shadows ever presented in the first place.

Still, perhaps I misjudge one of them. That remains to be seen.

Welcome to the game! Turns will last 24 hours. Turn One will end on May 5th, 5:30PM AEST.

Player List:
Steeldancer - Awakened Steel
Xinoehp - Thaerb
Ark1002 - Katie the Koloss
Elandara - Turquoise-Bellied Alligator (TBA)
Randuir - in
CadCom - Ch. Aracter TBA
Alvron - Izzy Dedyet
Lumgol - N'Nairim
Kidpen - Buffy the Black Shadow Slayer
Devotary - Hohelin
Maill - M'Malil
Rathmaskal -
Sart -
Joe -

PM's should be sent out - if you haven't recieved yours, please let me know as soon as possible.

Edited by Young Bard

Posted (edited)

Well then, we've got 24 hours to settle on someone to lynch, so that's plenty of time to not do so at the very last minute for a change, right? ...Right?

@Young Bard, do the elims get a kill? The rules don't explicitly state that they do, nor do they explain what happens to the breath of someone they kill. If the elims gather the breath of their kills they could potentially very quickly increase their stores of breath, which could make them stand out to those with life-sense, which could be very useful. The second heightening is also very useful for the village, as it might allow them to catch an elim in the act.

Among the items, the humble rope should not be underestimated.If the elims rush to create a lifeless by pooling their breath the rope could very simply shut it down. It could also act as a kind of scan for the elim submitting the kill, assuming it works like a regular action, though if there's multiple people chucking ropes around that would only function to narrow the field of suspicion.

Edited by Randuir

7 minutes ago, Randuir said:

@Young Bard, do the elims get a kill? The rules don't explicitly state that they do, nor do they explain what happens to the breath of someone they kill. If the elims gather the breath of their kills they could potentially very quickly increase their stores of breath, which could make them stand out to those with life-sense, which could be very useful. The second heightening is also very useful for the village, as it might allow them to catch an elim in the act.

The elims do get a kill, and they do gather the Breath of those they kill.

3 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

The elims do get a kill, and they do gather the Breath of those they kill.

Does that also happen with a kill made by a lifeless?

Either way, this is a pretty useful property, as it could make the elims stand out in life sense.

Just now, Randuir said:

Does that also happen with a kill made by a lifeless?

You do not gain Breath from Lifeless kills, no.

yay talk about convenience! My game finished just in time for me to give my full attention to this game! Very nice, very nice indeed. 
I will note I still have to deal with work and other things like that, so I won't be perfectly active, but I'll be much more so than I would have been if I were still running my game. 

Like I said earlier, I won’t be on much of this cycle, but I should be able to pop on at the end. 

Are PMs open? Does the shadow kill count as an action or can the one submitting that also submit an action? 

18 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Are PMs open? Does the shadow kill count as an action or can the one submitting that also submit an action?

PM's are open. The Shadow kill does count as an action.

Alright, Hallendren, gather round! We have an auction here today! The fantastic, the austere, the magnificent M’Malil is auctioning off three of his very own Breath! The auction is open till sundown today. Contact the Magnificent M’Malil via private courier to make an offer. Public questions will be answered here in the square. Let the bidding commence!

Rather good timing on this one starting up.  Never going to be around for rollover with this timing unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Rather good timing on this one starting up.  Never going to be around for rollover with this timing unfortunately.

You're the second person to have mentioned that - if I moved things an hour earlier (not this cycle, which will end at the usual time, but subsequent cycles after that), would that be preferable for people?

Edited by Young Bard

Well, I only have a single breath, and I’m not a fan of that. So, Elandera. I’m not sure how I feel about turquoise bellied alligators, but I feel I should start the voting now so I can get some more breath to screw around with. 

51 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

You're the second person to have mentioned that - if I moved things an hour earlier (not this cycle, which will end at the usual time, but subsequent cycles after that), would that be preferable for people?

Naw, that wouldn't help me.  If I'm reading that right, you're looking at ~15 hours from now?  That's like 130am here...I go to bed at like 10.  Never going to be able to make it work for everyone.  Wasn't trying to complain, just making sure people know I won't be available for last-minute arguments.

47 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Well, I only have a single breath, and I’m not a fan of that. So, Elandera. I’m not sure how I feel about turquoise bellied alligators, but I feel I should start the voting now so I can get some more breath to screw around with. 

Being an alligator has some upsides. Especially as an invested one, I can do more than just kill things and swim around.

I guess you could say I'm an investigator.

1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

You're the second person to have mentioned that

At least it means you won't have a good portion of people voting last minute. Hopefully.

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

At least it means you won't have a good portion of people voting last minute. Hopefully.

Well, since halfway through the first cycle less than half of the players have checked in, I'm not too hopeful in that regard. 

7 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Being an alligator has some upsides. Especially as an invested one, I can do more than just kill things and swim around.

I guess you could say I'm an investigator.

*exasperated groan* :P

Eh, we gotta lynch someone, no idea who, so I'm also gonna place vote on Elandra

Before I go dark till the end of the cycle, here’s a temporary vote as well as an update on the state of bidding. 

Highest current offer: The use of a rope for one night and then 2 breath back.

Vote: Ark

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Before I go dark till the end of the cycle, here’s a temporary vote as well as an update on the state of bidding. 

Highest current offer: The use of a rope for one night and then 2 breath back.

Vote: Ark

oof

"In this game, it's vote now, and vote often." mused Sart, as he gazed towards the tranquil ocean.

The seafood restaurant around him was buzzing with rumors about the mysterious Black Shadows. Sart was reluctant to get involved, but it seemed he didn't have much of a choice. As a businessman, he had a responsibility to eliminate any threats to his enterprise. Still, there wasn't much to go on. The votes were currently random, with little justification other than gaining breath.  He decided, at least for now, to focus on the members that hadn't spoken up yet. It wasn't any indication of guilt, but it at least provided a place to start, and might help further the discussion.

"Cadmium Compounder, where are you? We need your opinion." He fetched a waiter. "Tell @Cadmium Compounder that I'm waiting."

This was the second oddest Lottery Jeo the Yellow had ever participated in. The oddest has been a lottery of death and life. This one was a lottery of death and breath. Higher rewards for the same risk, and Jeo couldn't resist a good gamble. But who to vote for? Best to let luck decide.

His two six sided dice slipped from his sleeve into his palm, and he cupped them to his mouth. "Divine guilt." He breathed out. All his breath flowed into them. He didn't actually know if his divination commands did anything, but luck hadn't failed him yet.

He rolled. With a clatter of wood on cobblestones, they revealed the future. A six and a two. Suspect number 8 was guilty. N'Nairim.

Lumgol

Well the alligator checked in, so elandera. Alvron hasn't though. What do you have to say for yourself? 

Hello. I am here. I am alive. I only have one breath.

Might I suggest that we are a bit more careful with sharing the exact amounts of breath we have? I'd say that that's rather valuable info to the elims, given that they keep the breath of the ones they kill.

@Ark1002, why'd you pick elandera(who already had a vote)instead if anyone else?