Young Bard

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Just read the Shadow doc. Thanks for changing your mind and not killing me C2, Steel. :) Also, I should’ve remembered that I totally figured it out at the end of C5. :P I forgot I had done that. 

that was an entirely selfish move. You said you had no breath. So I chose to kill Lum instead. 
Which, incidentally, was a risky move given that I went to bed way before Lum's lynch ever was actually not at risk of happening. 

Asterion whistled quietly to himself as he worked.  It hadn't taken much effort to recover the body but the damage was far worse than last time.  The mob had done a number on poor Izzy.  They had stabbed her multiple times, likely after finding out how ineffective it was to hang someone that doesn't breathe.  Asterion carefully stitched up all the wounds and replaced the ichor-alcohol that served as blood for Izzy.  Once finished he gave up one of his few remaining Breaths to reawaken poor Izzy.

"Blood of a Ghost.  Awaken and obey my Commands.  Blood of a Ghost."

Izzy's eyes opened once more as the Breath took hold.  Asterion helped her off his worktable and slowly stand.

"Now, lets try that again shall we?"

Izzy Dedyet shall return.

43 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

that was an entirely selfish move. You said you had no breath. So I chose to kill Lum instead. 
Which, incidentally, was a risky move given that I went to bed way before Lum's lynch ever was actually not at risk of happening. 

Worked out for you. :P Lots of breath and she didn't get lynched. 

Bard: 

I’m impressed by how smoothly Maill lies. I knew no-one had made any PM’s, so Maill definitely couldn’t have gotten any offers yet, but I still went to double check to make sure. :P
Fifth: He’s quite practised, certainly.

Thank you, Bard. I appreciate it. Yes, Lum was the only offer on the table, but I've learned that if you leave it only to offers people actually make, you don't get as good a deal as you could. 

Alv: One should always auto suspect Maill

Hey now. :P 

Fifth: Maill might be able to worm his way out of this... (referring to me being roped C7)

I didn't even have to. Joe didn't make a big deal about it. :P The OoA cleared it all right up. 

Rath: 

A piece of rope walks into a bar and tries to order a drink, bartender refuses to serve it.  The piece of rope walks outside, tangles itself up and messes up its hair, walks back into the bar, bartender says, “Hey, aren’t you the piece of rope that I just told I wouldn’t serve?”

“I’m a frayed knot”

Copied so that everyone can see it. Thank you Rath. :lol:

Edited by Mailliw73

54 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I literally roped Rand based on nothing but a hunch, because he seemed too village.

You know what the worst thing was? I'd woken up just a bit before the end of that cycle, and after seeing Maill's post I was seriously considering asking Kidpen to submit the kill instead. So not only did you have a hunch, I had a counter-hunch. It's just a shame I didn't act on it.

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I died first turn so this game wasn't really anything important to me

Sorry about that. First cycle deaths are the worst. I once had 3 (I believe) in a row. So I do apologize for that. It was an experiment that didn't reveal much to me. 

Continuing to try to keep on top of older games a little better, it’s time to close this QF up as well. Many thanks to Bard for inventing and running this game—despite a slightly smaller playercount, I feel it’s safe to say that everyone enjoyed the Breath mechanics which were employed. Congrats to the village, particularly Joe’s intuition, for their victory, and to Steel, Rand and Kidpen for a well-fought ending. 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Orlok, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, or Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: