Young Bard

I'm following in Maill's footsteps here. kidpen.

Even though I've been suspicious of maill, I've held off voting for him, because he indicated in PM a while ago, that he was attempting to lynch Steeldancer the cycle before he actually got lynched. 

I've also been quite suspicious of Joe, for reasons I can't quite remember without going back to my big analysis posts, but since he's the only one who has claimed to use roleblock so far, I am forced to believe him. 

And that only leaves kidpen. I did make a strawman last cycle, so I plan on using him on one of the other two, to give us a 50/50 shot in case we're wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I did make a strawman last cycle, so I plan on using him on one of the other two, to give us a 50/50 shot in case we're wrong. 

I don't understand what you mean here. You're using a strawman on either Joe or Maill, and that gives you a 50/50 shot for if I'm village?

Edit: Longer post coming.

Edited by Kidpen

So we win if you're elim. If you're village, (which I doubt) then if the elim gets off a kill, we are at 1v1, which means that the elims win due to no one dying in a toed lynch. 

Unless the strawman blocks the kill, then it's still 2-1, which is enough to lynch the remaining eliminator. And if I have a 50/50 chance of hitting the elim, then it's a 50/50 chance of winning. 

2 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

So we win if you're elim. If you're village, (which I doubt) then if the elim gets off a kill, we are at 1v1, which means that the elims win due to no one dying in a toed lynch. 

Unless the strawman blocks the kill, then it's still 2-1, which is enough to lynch the remaining eliminator. And if I have a 50/50 chance of hitting the elim, then it's a 50/50 chance of winning. 

A Strawman can’t block a kill...

So in terms of the last suspects, it's honestly seeming pretty clear.

Joe's been pretty weird all game, and honestly I can't find all that much reason not to lynch him, but his last post in cycle 7 along with his vote on Steel point towards him being village.

An elim Maill is pretty difficult to imagine considering how he caught Rand. If Maill is the elim, I'm perfectly comfortable losing to him. Plus he was the first one on Steel at some point. Joe roleblocking Maill does make him a bit more suspicious, but like he said, Rand could've been the one to submit the kill.

CadCom, on the other hand, has been up for the lynch almost every cycle and yet still hasn't been lynched. Rand was a bit defensive C1 of CadCom after he had a bit of a weird post, and then Steel became the second person on the Ark lynch, which definitely could be him subtly trying to pull the lynch away from CadCom. The next cycle was largely discussion on Lum sharing CadCom's claim with everybody. The lack of a kill on CadCom that cycle definitely does not prove anything in terms of him being an elim, but I'd say that it is another piece in a rising pile of evidence on him. Then Steel makes another post in defense of CadCom. Apparently CadCom did share suspicion of Steel with Lum in a PM, but that could easily be distancing, especially since it was only in PM rather than in thread. Lum was tunneling on CadCom a bit and was subsequently killed by the elims. Plus, the lynch that cycle on Elandera had CadCom and Steel, each for pretty dubious reasons. Once again Steel says he's leaning strongest village on Rand and CadCom. Admittedly it would be weird if he put a strong village read on both of his teammates, but I think it's plausible. Then CadCom got onto the Steel lynch soon after Rand, which very much seems to me like it could be the elims realizing it's time to start getting on the lynch for their teammates. 

And then CadCom is the first one on Rand. Honestly that kind of makes me want to throw all of this stuff out the window and vote for someone else, but I'm guessing they probably guessed they'd have the best chance if CadCom could get on there fast, especially since Maill had expressed suspicion towards the end of the previous cycle.

CadCom

Sorry about how terrible I put this all in, I'm not very good at putting all my information together in an easy to read way.

Has anyone actually read the writeup? I've been thinking about it for a while, and it's fascinating. This Stanza in particular.

17 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Do you know that feeling of déjà vu? When you could have sworn something that you see you've seen before? That was how those left felt that night.

Like the night before, they all went to bed, but were too terrified to sleep a wink.

Like the night before, one tried to prepare a defense for themselves, knowing the futility of it.

Like the night before, one went from door to door, trying to find an exit that would open in order to escape this nightmare.

One sat, not as content as the night before, but still scheming away.

And one aimed to see if their gambit could possibly save them from death for one more night.

And, when regrouped the next morning, they were all quite surprised that they hadn't lost another member of their party. Yet.

Let's look at the 4 'Ones' it names.

One sat, not as content as the night before, but still scheming away.

This could be either the last Eliminator or myself. The night before, I had a hunch and acted with certainty, roleblocking Randuir. Last night, I had another hunch, but was a lot less certain in my PM with bard, and roleblocked Bard.

Like the night before, one went from door to door, trying to find an exit that would open in order to escape this nightmare.

I'm not certain who this could be. Either Kidpen or Mailliw? It doesn't fit me, and Cadcom is probably the next one.

Like the night before, one tried to prepare a defense for themselves, knowing the futility of it.

I feel like this one is CadCom. He's been close to being lynched a lot.

And one aimed to see if their gambit could possibly save them from death for one more night.

Again, this one is probably either me or the last Eliminator.

So, it's either Mailliw or[Kidpen]. I'd rather vote in a manner that doesn't allow for a Tie to form, but I would like your guy's thoughts on the matter.

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Again, this one is probably either me or the last Eliminator.

I don't think that one is the last Eliminator, especially given that Bard used Night instead of Day. That implies more that they want to be saved from the elim kill rather than from the lynch.

This could be either the last Eliminator or myself. The night before, I had a hunch and acted with certainty, roleblocking Randuir. Last night, I had another hunch, but was a lot less certain in my PM with bard, and roleblocked Bard.

You roleblocked Bard?

I feel like this one is CadCom. He's been close to being lynched a lot.

I actually think that could be me. I was generally listed next to Rand as people's next suspicion. And honestly I did go into this cycle expecting to probably get lynched.

3 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Nah, I roped Bard to prevent him from accessing the Spreadsheet, so he couldn't see who the elims killed.

What. You didn't know you could target the GM's?

So that's why rollovers were taking so long. :P

EDIT: And that's the end of the cycle and game! The Epilogue will be up soon.

Edited by Young Bard

My apologies for the delay - I was really hoping to have a closing writeup and GM Thoughts here before I posted, but I'm tired and I'd rather not rush it, so I'll get to it tomorrow when I'm not feeling rushed and tired.

Let me be the first to congratulate the Villagers on their victory this game - my condolences to the Elim team, who would have won two cycles ago if it hadn't been for Joe roleblocking Rand and preventing the kill that cycle. I was really impressed with how both teams played this game.

Kidpen was lynched! They were the final member of the Black Shadows!

Vote Count:
Kidpen(3): Joe, CadCom, Maill
CadCom(2): Kidpen, Strawman

GM Spreadsheet
Hallandren Restaurant (Elim Doc)
Court of the Gods (Spec/Dead Doc)

Edited by Young Bard
Removed the title for a writeup I haven't posted yet. :P

Yes! Props to Joe on that rope save! That really cinched the game for us. But we’ll done to the Shadows, you did great and Rand and Kidpen really had me fooled for most of the game. Thanks Bard for running this! It’s always fun to have a Nalthis game. 

Thanks Bard! I really enjoyed the mechanics and seeing how people chose to use them. This has been a fun game to watch.

To the rest of the village, sorry I suicided, but with how this week has been for me, I don't think I could have played more than maybe one more round.

Great game by everyone, especially Kidpen, Rand, CadCom, Maill, and Joe (basically, the final 5 survivors).  Not saying anyone else played poorly (actually, I'd argue that top to bottom, this is one of the best-played SE games I've been a part of), but the fact that the final couple cycles played out the way they did made for great theater.

Also, terrific write-ups by Young Bard.