Being Here is like Sucking in Stormlight

MapEffects

Because for one thing, you actually understand what I meant by my title ;) 

In all seriousness, I really am excited to be here with so many others who share my love for Sanderson's writing and the worlds he has created. Though I have been aware of his work for years, I am admittedly a bit late to the party. Though I had been aware of his work nearly from the beginning, it wasn't until last year that I got around to finally reading Mistborn. And frankly, it reignited my love for a genre that had grown a bit stale for me. Needless to say I burned through the first Mistborn trilogy, The Stormlight Archives, Elantris, Skyward, and several of his short stories since that time. And I would also credit his writing with getting me back into the art of cartography as I started to pour over his maps and want to recreate them myself. 

I look forward to discussing the books with you guys, and hearing some of your theories and insights.

- Josh

2 hours ago, Invocation said:

Welcome to the Shard! May I interest you in some wonderful baked goods? I have monkey bread!*DA Disclaimer applies

Don’t trust the monkey bread. It is hemalurgically spiked and will steal your soul.

2 hours ago, Invocation said:

Welcome to the Shard! May I interest you in some wonderful baked goods? I have monkey bread!*DA Disclaimer applies

Psh, of course! :D And thanks for the welcome

56 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

I tried to throw myself off of a cliff while holding a laptop open on the 17th shard and a bunch of sanderbooks.

Didn't work like stormlight would.

I'm now sueing you for damage :P

*cough* Well that's the last time you listen to me ;)

1 hour ago, Josh Stolarz said:

Never trust someone giving away free bread :P

Or any baked good for that matter, unless it’s specifically stated to be hemalurgic free.

Anyways, welcome to the Shard! Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?

31 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Or any baked good for that matter, unless it’s specifically stated to be hemalurgic free.

Anyways, welcome to the Shard! Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?

Hmm, good question. I've always liked Sazed quite a bit, but I do really like Jasnah as well. Clearly you can see what type of people I am drawn to ;)