Denth and Tonk Fah might have hemalurgic spikes

So in Warbreaker, we see on multiple occasions that both Tonk Fah and Denth have portrayed some kinda unusual abilities. Denth moves unnaturally fast, and Tonk Fah seemingly has the ability to sleep whenever his mood suits it. This theory is a bit of a stretch, but what if Denth, a known worldhopper, travelled to Scadrial and picked up a steel and bronze hemalurgic spike? I know that we see Denth's ability being described as the aspect of the Returned, (and Sanderson's annotations to Warbreaker also explain it) but what if it's something more than that?

This post was really just kind of a random thought, I haven't see any a thread discussing this, so post your speculations here!

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

we know at the very least some the 5 Scholars were Worldhoppers. I dont think its a stretch to believe they all could have been.

Hemalurgy was very secretly practiced before the Catacendre, so I doubt it was easy to figure out the exact working (from the Lord Ruler or an Inquisitor) then kill two Ferochemist's (which were rare even then) and leave. After the Catacendre, knowledge of Hemalurgy is more wide spread, but the exact workings was known still by a very small specific group of people. 

I think its a hard sell to believe Denth successfully went to those lengths. Honestly he was probably highly talented with a sword to begin with then got even better by honing those skills and reaction times over the Centuries. 

To be fair Khriss was also an outsider who figured out Hemalurgy from what I understand so its not so unbelievable but still cool idea though! 

this is the kind of scrutiny Brandon Sanderson hints at us needing as we have apparently seen many types of Worldhoppers on screen that we haven't caught onto yet including Dragons.  

3 hours ago, Weltall said:

Not the first time this has been proposed.

By the way, all Returned are faster and stronger than normal humans, hemalurgy is not required to explain it.

Oh shoot! I took a quick search through the forums, but I didn't find anything, sorry for the repeat thread lol

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

• Chaos locked this topic