Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

Frob struggled uselessly against his clothes, frozen into a statue. He would have cried if he had had any left. But they were all long passed. Thankfully, they weren't looking at him. he continued calling out the investiture he sensed. Hopefully, by now, his team knew what they were up against.

He'll probably be out of the action for a while. You guys can ignore him, uunless one of you tries to kill him. Expect that not to work.

Harj rolled away before he could be cut. His ax was gone, but it had still stabbed someone else. Harj climbed to his feet and growled, his koloss-blooded nature showing as his skin turned a darker shade of blue. He pulled his side sword from its scabbard and advanced towards the three people in front of him.

He's not out yet! Feel free to end him.

@Minato™ @I think I am here. @Sorana

Verk kept kicking at the fallen form in front of him. He wouldn't show an ounce of mercy. He knew that dogs fought best when wounded.

Yeah, feel free to kill him.

@Sorana

Terror. Weariness. Grief. Treb focused on these. They would be the enemy's downfall. From the little peephole, he saw a vast difference in how his emotions affected the attackers. One of them frenzied, ignoring it all. One of them crumpled under it and Verk's attack. Treb smiled. The crazy one would fall. Kerl would take care of that.

I don't think any of you will be able to fund his hiding spot till the end of the battle, so don't go looking just yet. Unless you want to die while you search. :)

@Ark1002 @Sorana @Nohadon @Minato™ @I think I am here.

Kerl watched Grom die. He gritted his teeth. Grom had been a close friend. Kerl would kill the man who did that, the man named Hellbent.

Same as the above. Ark and Nohadon, don't suddenly find Kerl watching you guys. He's hidden real well.

@Ark1002 @Nohadon

Edited by Gancho Libre

Cool cool

Hellbent looked around, trying to see another person to kill. The blood covering his body glistened, and he grinned.

It's been too long.

Don't get used to it.

Hellbent walked forward, towards the man kicking the fallen form. He was quiet, approaching silently. He swung the leecher blade at the man's neck, with enough force to separate his head from his shoulders.

@Gancho Libre

7 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Verk kept kicking at the fallen form in front of him. He wouldn't show an ounce of mercy. He knew that dogs fought best when wounded.

His kicks hit her once, twice, thrice, so often she couldn't count it. Her mouth tasted like blood and she groaned in pain, then forced herself to focus. Pain and fear, they were strong, strong enough to erase all logical thought from her mind.

They are good. Unusual, but they fit you.

Brashen whispered, while she pressed a hand against the foot Verk was standing on. Althea didn't care for an elegant use of her surge, no beautiful discussion, just a vlash between her will and his body. A stone statue stood above her, then fell to the side crumbled on the floor.

The pain, the desperation, the grief didn't stop, they were still there, ripping into her mind. Sobbing she pressed a hand against her face, wished it would stop. It was too close to what Max had rioted at Oasis, it was too close to what had lead to her oath. Slowly she got to her feet and wiped some of the blood out of her face.

The rioter. She had to find him, there was no way she would, but she had to.

I accept them.

Brashen hugged her neck and she touched him lovingly, then inhaled again, felt her body knit itself together.

"Kill the smoker, then I can find the Rioter."

She called out, but while her words were self confident her tone said something else. They had no chance, no matter what she did.

@Ark1002

@Minato™

@I think I am here.

Neo was now noticing the effects of the rioter a lot more, he kept his bestowers lens on, sending all of those thoughts to Hellbent, he could handle them. Neo was fed up, he skated towards Harj. Then, he went for an axle jump and roundhouse kicked Harj, pushing himself backwards and going for a slash with his skates against his chest. His chest spewed out with blood. Neo’s left eye started to glow and now that the guy was a lot less focused on clouding invesiture, he could spot the rioter. “Thanks, dude” he said and ducked and skated on a low level going towards the rioting investiture.

Harj is not nearly dead btw, I don’t think so at least.

Edited by Minato™

15 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Harj rolled away before he could be cut. His ax was gone, but it had still stabbed someone else. Harj climbed to his feet and growled, his koloss-blooded nature showing as his skin turned a darker shade of blue. He pulled his side sword from its scabbard and advanced towards the three people in front of him.

Max groaned and it turned to a yell as the kid ripped the axehead out of him, though the pain was replaced by healing and Max saw the kid use his skates to slash the man’s chest before going elsewhere. Healed, Max yelled and charged with Sethramir, ducking under the first sword swing and stabbing Sethramir into the man’s chest, seeing the eyes burn out. The smoker was gone. Instantly, Max’s Rioting could be felt in greater intensity all around the base.

Hellbent looked back, and was surprised to see the body was stone. The head was now rolling across the floor, but the actual body was stone, bloodless, gruesome.

He shrugged, walking away. The main enemies were dead.

He looked around, carefully. Someone must be hiding. He went around, and finally, found something. A man.

@Gancho Libre

It's Kerl

Althea looked over the situation and then calmly walked to Frob.

"I don't want to ask this twice."

she stated, her voice cold, void of emotion. She had practice to hide how she felt, and she had no patience for Frob, for the games he played. She felt raw, about to shatter under the pressure of the rioter, of the memories he woke, of the voices talking in her mind. But she hid it, hid it well under a mask of ice.

Her head gestured towards Hellbent, blood dripping onto the ground from his body.

"You can answer my question, or you will answer to him, I don't care."

And I don't care if he rips your legs from your body, her tone told him.

"Where is Vesuvius?"

@Gancho Libre

Neo noticed Max's rioting instantly as he went for the other rioter out there,  he spotted the blue blob of investiture through the wall, how do I get there though, he thought. He saw a tiny opening and skated for that, going towards the rioter and facing him head-on.

Does anyone know if my pinging you more than once... actually pings you more than once? Cuz I've kinda assumed it doesn't, but if it does...

Frob quivered as much as he could in his steel-cloth prison. The man named Hellbent was watching him, watching with those terrible, wolflike eyes... And she had just turned a man to stone...

Oh, Verk... oh, Harj... oh, Grom...

He didn't want to join them. But he couldn't do anything about that. His hair was being pulled! Awful, awful!

"I don't know," Frob whispered, tears running down his cheeks. "All he gave me was a set of numbers. He ordered me to tell no one. But I've already asked my friends! The numbers mean nothing! Please, let me go!"

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon

Kerl knew Hellbent had seen him. The man started stalking towards him.

Then, Hellbent made a mistake. He looked away, tp where Frob was being questioned.

And, in that same second, Kerl's knife was thrown, spinning straight for Hellbent's head, with an accuracy and a speed only a tineye knows.

@Ark1002 @Nohadon

Treb knew they were coming for him. Harj wasn't there to shield him. Now, he was about to be attacked by two people he had just watched kill his friends. Treb gulped. It was now or never.

He burned metal. He knew he was an allomancer. And he knew much more besides that.

He burned Zinc. It allowed him to Riot. he Rioted grief, weariness, fear, all of the negative emotions he could think of. He kept the Riotings loose. Frob was already crying, and Kerl was no longer exposed to such allomancy. 

Treb gulped again, flared Zinc, producing a burst of the emotions he was Rioting.

Then, he burned Duralumin.

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @Minato™ @I think I am here.

Hellbent heard the knife swish through the air. He ignored it. The field deflected it. He turned, chuckling. "Hello, young one." Blood dripped down his face, and he held the blade out, a drip of blood falling from the sword. Then another.

He felt a burst of negative emotions, and tears burst  to his eyes.

But he kept going. He walked towards the man, holding his knife in his right hand, the sword in his left. He brought the knife closer.

"It's time..."

The knife got closer.

"To sleep."

He cut with the sword towards his leg, and stabbed the knife through his eye. He left the knife, leaking blood from the ruined face.

He turned, singing a lullaby under his breath, and walked towards the other one. The Rioter.

This would all be over soon.

Neo still wearing his monocle, nearly collapsed, voices in his head dominating over him. He just barely used his monocle to redirect it to Hellbent who was just barely still in his sight, after all of the emotions practically draining from him he felt a lot better. Wow, it sure is helpful to be able to plunge all of your emotions into someone with them feeling little side-effects. Back to work. Neo skated towards the rioter. As he turned a corner, he saw a... a closet... Neo opened the closet and found the rioter in there, having burned duralumin. “If I’m correct, then you shouldn’t have anymore metals to burn, Oh well.” Neo knocked the person out with a hit with the blunt side of his skates. “Guys! The rioter is down, shouldn’t be hard now, where’s this Vesvius guy?”. Neo was annoyed at his skated being bloody and found a cloth in the same closet and began cleaning his skates.

3 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Wow, it sure is helpful to be able to plunge all of your emotions into someone with them feeling little side-effects. Back to work.

At least one half of Devaan/Hellbent is a little pissed at Neo now, Hellbent might be as well.

9 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

"I don't know," Frob whispered, tears running down his cheeks. "All he gave me was a set of numbers. He ordered me to tell no one. But I've already asked my friends! The numbers mean nothing! Please, let me go!"

"Tell me the numbers."

She commanded and stared at him, gestured for Brashen to listen as well. She doubted she would be able to recall them for a long time. Her eyes darted over to Max again, he was still there, still alive, and yet grief weighed her down. She was so useless, but maybe Brashen could help them, even if she couldn't.

Desperation, grief, fear, weariness, panic. Althea screamed when they slammed down on her slike a sledgehammer. She fell to her knees, lifted both hands to her head, clawed at her face again. All around her people were dying, but he didn't stop, he went on and on, screaming. Her scream mixed with his, and she felt her will bend under their pressure. Fearfull she waited for the monster to wake up, to take control of her again, but it was gone, Solace had put it to sleep eternally. Her scream died when she ran out of breath, couldn't draw in enough to sustain her body and scream at the same time. Clawing at her throat she tried to breathe, her hands shivvering violently. She'd failed him, she'd failed them all. She was dying, without air she would die, suffocate. Sweat covered her hands, her arms and then the grief was gone, the weariness, leaving nothing but an all consuming panic behind.

Oh dear. Max’s only weakness is that well placed emotional Allomancy can take him down. This should do it and more :) 

Max had killed the smoker. Sethramir was still resting in the Koloss-blooded man’s chest. He turned around, smiling warily in his accomplishment, dismissing Sethramir, and raising hi —

And the force of his thoughts crushed him, and Max collapsed under the force of his own emotions, and there was no Orem to think about, his thoughts scattering like shards of glass, his mind the cup that had shattered. Max fell to his side, laying on the floor, and he grasped his head and he moved to scream but it would too much, too much pain, feeling, helplessness, it came out as a gasp, his eyes wide and memories returning to him in agonising flashes.

Sketches of that night, under the pale moon while, a war raged on. He’d been a burden, hasn’t he? If it wasn’t for him, stupid Max, stupid him, the world would have had a war hero instead of him, Broken him. Broken Max who couldn’t even look at Hemlaurgy, being a burden to him. Oh, rust, he’d killed everyone. If it wasn’t for him, Rashan would be alive. If it wasn’t for him, Mara would never have had to worry about him, Mara would have never tried to protect him, got herself killed.

He was useless, and the stone ground seemed to pull Max into it, not letting go, not letting him rest. He began to shake, realising this is how it must have felt, the Rioting, this is how it must have felt to be at Oasis, under his own influence. Was this the type of torture he had forced all of them through, keen to apply it but never experienced himself. He had done this, to so many people.

And his guilt multiplied and compounded upon the Rioting, leaving him in an emotional mess of anger, fear, guilt, and many more that ravaged him. He closed his eyes, Rioting out positive emotions and enhancing them the most he’d done this trip. Althea had to,d him to save the Rioting for a good moment and this seemed it. Happiness, Focus, he Rioted all of it, desperately hoping it would counter the other Rioter, that everyone else wasn’t as much of a mess as he was. But what did it matter? All he’d been to anyone in his life was a burden after all.

47 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

And his guilt multiplied and compounded upon the Rioting, leaving him in an emotional mess of anger, fear, guilt, and many more that ravaged him. He closed his eyes, Rioting out positive emotions and enhancing them the most he’d done this trip. Althea had to,d him to save the Rioting for a good moment and this seemed it. Happiness, Focus, he Rioted all of it, desperately hoping it would counter the other Rioter, that everyone else wasn’t as much of a mess as he was. But what did it matter? All he’d been to anyone in his life was a burden after all.

Max rioting cut through her fear, left her panting, but happy, focused. For the first time since Oryx had invaded her thoughts she could think clearly. Althea lay there for a moment, collected herself, smiling happily, then she pushed herself up to her knees, looked around.

She froze when she saw Max on the ground, his face a mask of guilt, his body shaking. Crawling over she pulled his head to her chest, wrapped her arms around him, kneeling on the ground. Worry brushed against the happiness and she kissed him softly of the head.

"Max. I'm here Max, it's alright."

She knew what he was feeling, a mirror of her own emotions, her panic was his guilt. We are all broken messes. Wishing she could do something she held him close.

"It's not real Max, that's just memories, false emotions. It's not real."

Guilt, what could it be? Oasis. He still felt guilty about Oasis. Maybe Mara, rioting could rip open scars long healed over. Herself. Stupid Oasis, it always came back to Oasis. Rashan. Maybe him as well.

"I love you Max. You have no reason to feel guilty, to be afraid. I will protect you, you saved me. You saved all those living in Alleycity when the Feind attacked."

Still smiling she placed a hand on his cheek. Even the happiness felt wrong now, if only she could share it. She wished to be alone in her mind for an hour, only for an hour. But he was alive, screw the rioting, he was alive. And she would do anything to keep him sane.

"Watch my back."

She instructed Brashen and then closed her eyes, concentrated. Fear, guilt, anger. She only had her own memories to combat them, but she would try.

Trust, she trusted him blindly, so maybe start with that, love happiness, joy. They were all good. Focussing she sent a first memory over, opened her eyes to watch his face, see if there was any reaction.

Smiling she gave in, allowed him to take control. Joy and happiness filled her, banished everything else. Laughing at her reaction she caressed his arm.

You surprised me, don't worry.

For he had surely noticed her initial reaction. He usually read her like an open book.

Don't stop.

She added, smiling brightly at him, realizing only now how much fear and worry usually accompanied her. She was better than a year ago, but only now that these shadows were gone, she realized how deep her scars ran. Grateful she moved closer to him, enjoyed the warmth of his body, of his arm around her, of his hand holding her close. Her whole day had been filled with happiness and love, but this was so much better. Her hand touched his cheek again, lovingly she stroked over his skin, buried her fingers in his hair. There was so much love in his face, his beautiful dark eyes, his smile. Leaning towards him she kissed him again.

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

She added, smiling brightly at him, realizing only now how much fear and worry usually accompanied her. She was better than a year ago, but only now that these shadows were gone, she realized how deep her scars ran. Grateful she moved closer to him, enjoyed the warmth of his body, of his arm around her, of his hand holding her close. Her whole day had been filled with happiness and love, but this was so much better. Her hand touched his cheek again, lovingly she stroked over his skin, buried her fingers in his hair. There was so much love in his face, his beautiful dark eyes, his smile. Leaning towards him she kissed him again.

Duralumin spikes only last for a short time right? If so it would probably be over.

Max felt someone holding him, and his mind still spun with frenzy. He felt something in his mind, a memory, and it seemed to push the other memories, memories of death and darkness away as it swam to the front of his mind. He saw the memory, remembered it, from their anniversary. He’d Rioted her happiness then, too. And she’d been surprised. Reminded of Oasis, he thought, just like that, he had ruined it. But she had told him she liked it in return and he’d continued.

Opening his eyes Max began to notice where he was and what was happening, his mind cooling down after the intensity of what had been attacking it. But still, Max felt a headache, and his mind still seemed fractured and fragile after being torn apart so much.

He saw Althea looking at him, her arms wrapped around him, a hand on his cheek. He looked at her for a moment, grateful she was here, that he wasn’t alone. “Is that really how it feels?” He asked quietly, bringing a hand to his head.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He saw Althea looking at him, her arms wrapped around him, a hand on his cheek. He looked at her for a moment, grateful she was here, that he wasn’t alone. “Is that really how it feels?” He asked quietly, bringing a hand to his head.

"Yes."

She whispered, relieved that he was talking again, that he was here.

"It's a weapon. You can use it to save, or to destroy. Just like a blade, or a surge."

Gently she tightened her arms around him.

"It's alright Max. You know how to wield a weapon responsibly."

She tilted her head down, leaned her forehead against his, suddenly exhausted, now that he seemed better. She was shaken, wished they could go home, wished she could curl up in his arms and forget about the world. This was them, always holding on, going on, breaking apart and knitting themselves together again.

"It's alright."

She repeated for him as much as for herself. Hopefully the rioter would die soon. If he filled his reserves up, started again it would end badly.

Hellbent walked to the Rioter, blood covering his body and blade.

"This."

Hellbent stabbed into the mans leg with the blade, tears and blood streaking his face.

"Ends."

Hellbent kicked the man in the ribs, hard enough to draw blood.

"Now."

Hellbent stabbed through his heart, slashing again and again.

The rioter died, blood splattering onto Hellbent. He walked back to Frob. "Numbers. Now."
@Gancho Libre

Neo saw hellbent walk towards his hiding spot. "Uh hey Hellbent, sorry about the feels, by the way I knocked this guy ou--", Neo was cut off as Hellbent stabbed the rioter in the leg, very vigorously. "Oh great having you showed up here but you dont need to do that he's alrea--" once again cut off, as Hellbent, kicked the guy in the ribs, drawing blood. "I knocked him out don't worry he won't do any--", Neo stopped talking as Hellbent stabbed through his heart, slashing again and again. Neo silently left and did not say a word, hoping that he would NOT remember Neo redirecting the duralumin rioting he was receiving towards Hellbent. 

He caught up with the rest, not quite being able to shake away a strange feeling.

Grom. Harj. Verk. Treb. Kerl. All dead.

Frob didn't want to join them.

"You idiots," he whispered. "Treb was a mistborn. He was going to die soon! Bubbling. Sickness. He only had months left! Hemalurgy. You wasted it!"

He paused. He was the only one left. He didn't want to die. He didn't want Vesuvius to kill him.

But he didn't want to die to these people either. And they would kill him first.

"Four," he said. "Six. Eight. Zero. Nine. One. Those are the numbers he told me. Please, let me go!"

He's hiding something. See how the arm stump is recent? There's still some blood dribbling out of it. Benson was missing an arm, he sent it to me after I put a tracker in him. Frob might have given his to Benson.

Which means that Frob saw Benson and Vesuvius recently. Don't let him go just yet.

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

She repeated for him as much as for herself. Hopefully the rioter would die soon. If he filled his reserves up, started again it would end badly.

Max hugged Althea. “Thank you for bringing me back,” he whispered and stood up shakily, moving to lean against a wall. The Rioter seemed dead more than ever, and Frob was saying something to Devaan. Or Hellbent, by the posture. The kid was standing by the side. “No one dead,” he said quietly. “That’s good.”

"Noone of us, you mean."

She replied quietly. Too many had died today. It was neccessary to stop Vesuvius, but the price was high.

Althea leaned next to him against the wall and looked through the room, seeing and not-seeing what had happened. Her life had been perfect a few days ago, and now this. She was exhausted, mentally exhausted in a way she hadn't been for over a year. Strong rioting always left her feeling raw, as if her mind had been ripped apart, thrown into a bowl and whirled around. Lifting her hands she braided her hair to keep it out of her face, her white strands already highlighted by blood. When she was finished, she waved the kid over, her face again a calm mask.

"Why don't you check the perimeter?"

She suggested to Neo.

"Not too far, just to make there are no more thugs closing in on us?"

Then she took a deep breath and stepped over to Hellbent, to Frob.

"I was informed that you helped build his hideout. So you know where it is."

She stated matter of factly, and took another step, moved her body between Frob and Hellbent.

@Gancho Libre

@Ark1002

@Minato™