Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

35 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

“That'll use up a lot of your stores. Can you handle it?" Devaan asked. 

Max smiled.

“Definitely. What do you think I’ve been doing this past year?” Besides, he has one nicrosilmind that was almost empty anyway, he could probably use the rest of it up.

Extending his hands outwards, Max concentrated, Rioting tiredness, fatigue, and sadness. The sadness was so they’d be able to hear Frob. He extended the Riot in all directions, making sure to exclude the people around him. He tapped his Nicrosilminds more, enhancing the Riot, flaring it more and more. Slowly he was approaching a level of power close to Oasis, but not quite. He didn’t want to slip, lose control.

@Gancho Libre

Althea turned into the direction Devaan wasn't facing, her back to Max. The tunnel made it easier, you only needed to cover two directions. There always the chance of an invisible attacker, or someone walking through Shadesmar, but still, it would be stupid to not cover their back while they waited for a reaction.

Sadness. Misery. Grief. Terrible! Terrible! Horrid! Frob wanted to cry, to pull out his eyes, to scream. Frob wasn't coughing! Fropb was drowning! Where were his friends? The thuds from above. He was being watched! Eyes, bigger, than his head! His friends weren't thudding! They would not do that! They wouldn't watch Fropb like that. They knew him. They wouldn't watch!

Where was the dust? The flakes, coming into his flesh, his pores? Why wasn't he coughing? Where were Harj, and Kerl? Grom, Treb? Where were they? Treb wasn't pulling Frob's hair. Treb wouldn't watch like that. Harj would help Frob! Where was Harj? Where was Treb?

Frob looked up, at the ceiling of the underground cavern. Would they be up there, hiding from the watchers? Were they watching? Nobody there. The eyes were behind. Frob was so visible! So much light! So much water still on him!

And, just like that, the sadness, the misery, the grief, they all disappeared. Frob didn't know if he had screamed, but now he did cough. He... he coughed. Not really, but he knew the feeling. The wanting, the knowing he could. The knowing he should. The fog, the hiding fog! What was causing it?

"Verk?" a gruff voice called out from a dark area of the cavern. "That you? Whoever you are, put them up,"

Frob giggled. He knew that voice! "I'm not Verk," he said between laughs. "Verk died,"

The voice from the dark corner paused. "Frob?"

Frob jumped up and down with joy. He knew that voice! His friends were here! He wanted to cough, knowing what wasn't there. no grief. His friends were all right. "I am Frob," he said, giggling still. "Verk died,"

A large, muscled man stepped out from the darkness. Harj. Harj! Hark was a friend! Harj was here. Harj stepped forward, and they embraced.

"I thought you were gone," Harj said, laughing. "What a surprise!"

"Verk is dead," Frob said, smiling. "I am Frob. You must help me to not fail Vesuvius. Where are the others?"

"Verk isn't dead," Harj said simply. "He's strong,"

Ah. Of course. Frob should have guessed. Verk had had big eyes. He could thud like no one else. "The others?" Frob asked.

"You make us six," Harj replied. "Grom, Kerl, Treb, Verk, you, and me. We're all here,"

Frob nodded. "We can't fail Vesuvius," he said. "We must stay alive,"

Kerl crept through the tunnels, ready to swing back to the base. He had thought he had heard some people up in the sewers. He heard more than saw, these days. His second eye couldn't see much, as it was now removed from his face and stuffed in a bag. And he had been using his Feelings at the time! It was terrible, but it was impossible to hate Harj. If you hated him, you died. Harj liked friends.

He was Feeling right now, actually. The wound on his face had been so long ago, he no longer felt it. He Felt the very vibrations of the earth...

Sadness. Misery. grief. The want... to just lie down...

Kerl Felt these, and it was too much. He was not tough enough for this! Harj would be, but Kerl was different from Harj. In many ways. One of these was that Kerl was much, much louder than Harj.

Kerl screamed in agony and grief, the Feelings ripping him up inside. The sound echoed all the way down the tunnels.

@Sorana @I think I am here. @Everyone else

Neo heard the scream and immediately said “Guys I heard something! From that tunnel over there!”. He pointed towards the tunnel and started skating that way, although he did not go too far, he didn’t want to lose them again. He kept some thick vine seeds ready in his right hand.

Edited by Minato™

A scream echoed through the tunnels, in the direction Althea was facing. Devaan spun around.
"That way!" He told the others, racing towards the sound. His cards were out in an instant, ready for an ambush as he ran silently towards the scream. He noticed Neo skating beside him and nodded. The kid had good instincts.

Althea followed them and inhaled some stormlight after the first few steps, to allow her to keep up. Obviously she was the only one who spent her days sitting on a chair, and not keeping her body fit.

The screams echoed in her ears and she stumbled, then stopped. The man sounded like he was ripped apart, so much agony and grief in his voice, that it easily sliced through some of the wallls she had constructed in her mind. It was her kneeling on the ground, buildings reaching into the sky all around her. An announcement, and then desperation, grief, so much that it woke something, that it shattered her.

She exhaled, pushed the memory away, as far away as possible. For a moment she was alone in her mind, without the stormlight, urging her to do something, without Max touching her emotions. Only she and the screams, the terrible screams. Althea shivvered, forced herself to take a step towards the source of the scream. And then another one. Collecting herself she continued to follow Neo and Devaan, slowly, but she followed. It was dangerous to stay  behind, to allow a gap open between them, but she trusted herself to elsecall over to the light they were carrying, should the need arise.

Edited by Sorana

7 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Leave me alone, please."

Devaan stopped. He heard Althea's whispering. He jogged back over to her and put a hand on her shoulders.

"It's okay, Thea. We've got you." 

Max needs to get here.

She's having memories from OASIS.

"They're just bad memories. You have to push through them" He said softly. 

1 minute ago, Nohadon said:

"They're just bad memories. You have to push through them" He said softly. 

"He's talking to me. He's here. He threatens."

She heaved a sobbing breath.

"That's no memory, I know my memories."

Her hand touched Devaan's gripped it too hard, painful. She stared at him, barely contained terror and desperation written over her face.

12 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Who? Who's threatening you?"

"He claims to be our leader."

Other voices, was that Devaan? No, why would he ask if he heard him. Her thoughts whirled around, making it impossible to concentrate. She felt naked, vulnerable. What would they do, how would they hurt her, what information would they fake?

Max Rioted and when he heard a scream they knew where to look. He took off with the group, the kid up ahead. Max didn’t know how good that plan warm, thinking about the last time the kid had gone alone, but if this person really was incapacitated by the Riot then it wouldn’t be too hard.

Suddenly he looked back and he saw Althea, pressing a hand against her head. Devaan was trying to comfort her, but her impassive face now looked very distressed. Running back he yelled to the kid. “Wait for us!”

When he approached Althea he looked up at Devaan and wrapped his own arm around her shoulders. “What happened?” He asked Devaan.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"He claims to be our leader."

"I know who you mean." Devaan said.

"He's strong, he's the founder of the ghostbloods. But you need to calm down. Stay focused on one thing at a time. He won't take anything from you yet." Devaan went to help Althea up when Max ran over.

"Telepathic communication, someone's speaking to us right now." He replied to Max.

"Althea you have to push those thoughts back right now. We'll have to figure it out later, for now, remember Vesuvius. Remember the kids. We have a goal, after we've hunt down Vesuvius we can straighten up this business"

Althea. I don't know if you can hear me through this. But if you can, focus on my voice, not his. I'll speak to you through this. Devaan whispered through the link. 

23 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Althea. I don't know if you can hear me through this. But if you can, focus on my voice, not his. I'll speak to you through this. Devaan whispered through the link. 

Althea flinched, as if he'd hit her.

"Tell him to stop."

She pleaded.

"He can talk to Zokora, I don't care, but I can't have the whole council in my head. I can't. It's bad enough that Solace is here - I can't."

Her hand reached out for Max, touched him, compared what her fingers felt with what she saw. He was here he was real.

"How can I know what's real, if he's in my mind, how do I know if he fakes memories if he tricks me again?"

Vesuvius. She pressed her face against Max shoulder for a moment, took a few deep breaths. Devaan was right, she was about to loose it completely. Forcing herself to build a thick wall around her mind, useless or not, she concentrated on breathing, calming down.

"Tell me when I start acting strangely."

Her eyes focused on Max, then she pushed it all away, pulled a mask over emotions.

"Vesuvius. Then Oasis."

She could do this, somehow she would manage.

@I think I am here.

29 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Vesuvius. Then Oasis."

"Vesuvius." Devaan replied.

Thank you. You're being so strong right now. I'll try to get him to shut you off. You might be able to as well.

Edited by Nohadon

Neo went to an abrupt halt when max told him to hold on, he skated a little backwards and noticed Athlea, it was probably not his place to speak as Devaan and Max were already and since he barely knew her. He could however notice that she could get through this.

22 minutes ago, Sorana said:

She pressed her face against Max shoulder for a moment, took a few deep breaths. Devaan was right, she was about to loose it completely. Forcing herself to build a thick wall around her mind, useless or not, she concentrated on breathing, calming down.

"Tell me when I start acting strangely."

Her eyes focused on Max, then she pushed it all away, pulled a mask over emotions.

"Vesuvius. Then Oasis."

She could do this, somehow she would manage.

She put her head against his shoulder and Max hugged her. People speaking in her head? He knew how much she hated that, even emotional Allomancy from places other than himself. It reminded her of Solace, he was sure.

“Vesuvius. Then Oasis.”

Max nodded, though he didn’t know what she meant by ‘then Oasis’. But it hurt him too see her distressed like that, and it hurt even more he couldn’t even do something about it. What could he do? He wished he was a Soother, so he could calm her worries, but instead he could only Riot.

He kept an arm around her. She seemed to have calmed.

“All good now?” He whispered gently to her, he was deciding not to use their link for now.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

“All good now?” He whispered gently to her, he was deciding not to use their link for now.

"No."

She whispered back, decided to go with the truth, instead of a polite reply.

"You know what happened with Solace, Sephtis. It's like that. For me it's the same."

Straightening she gently touched his face, her voice soft.

"You're here. That's enough. I know you are real, you love me. You won't go anywhere."

A weak smile touched her lips and it was real, no mask.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a broken mess."

"I can manage, until we've finished the mission. And then I'll try to sort it out. For now let's go on."

She shook her head irritated at Devaan's reply to Lusk and then sighed. Focus, Vesuvius, the mission.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"I'm sorry, I'm such a broken mess."

"I can manage, until we've finished the mission. And then I'll try to sort it out. For now let's go on."

She shook her head irritated at Devaan's reply to Lusk and then sighed. Focus, Vesuvius, the mission.

Max nodded, trying to help her up, his hands gripping hers.

“We’re all broken messes,” he whispered just to her, winking. “No need to apologise.”

“If there any way I can help, at all, tell me,” with that he turned back. The kid was watching them.

29 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max nodded, trying to help her up, his hands gripping hers.

“We’re all broken messes,” he whispered just to her, winking. “No need to apologise.”

“If there any way I can help, at all, tell me,” with that he turned back. The kid was watching them.

Max helped her up, his hands holding hers tightly, then leaned close whispered to her. He was right, they all carried their wounds and scars. She saw him turn away when he noticed Neo watching them, and resumed her controlled behaviour and face.

You can help. Tell me when I'm acting strange. When I'm not myself anymore. I don't know how much he can influence me, if he can trick me, or even control me. For the rest, it's enough that you're here. You're my anchor, my lifeline.

She used their bond instinctively, as she always did when she wanted to talk to him without someone else listening in. It was different with him. Then she turned to Devaan.

"Thank you. He hit a lot of bad memories with that ... thing. But for now I'll manage."

After she took another steadying breath she started down the tunnel again, towards whoever had screamed.

@Nohadon

@Minato™

Wait, did you guys come down the trapdoor in the sewer system?

Kerl came running into the hideout, where he collapsed in relief on the floor, sobbing.

Grom dropped from his hiding place in a little nook in the wall, glowing faintly with stormlight.

Treb came from one of the hideout's side rooms. "This is Rioting influence," he announced. "Harj, come here. Smoke him a bit more,"

Harj followed, his aura of protection more thickly covering Verk.

Frob stood up from his place at the wall, cocking his head. "Bumps," he said. "Thudding. Coming. Seeing,"

Verk looked up from sharpening his axes. "Let them come," he said. He smiled. "We'll be waiting,"

Kerl looked up, his teary face already hardened into concentration. "We need a plan,"

"That's your job," Grom muttered, the last of the blue glow fading away. "I assume I'll go top?"

Treb subtly Rioted Kerl's determination and anger, then did the same for the others of his group.

Harj cracked his knuckles loudly and pulled his gigantic sword off the sheath on his back.

Frob walked over to the hideout's doorway, listening with allomancy.

Verk stood from his task and hefted his axes, two of them, both sharp and dangerous.

Kerl responded well to Treb's Rioting, and he stood, the tears vanishing from his face. "Alright," he said. "Grom, you take up top. Stay up there until all the intruders come through this door, then come behind them. Treb, you hide somewhere and Riot them. Make them want to leave, then try and get one of them alone and convince them to kill themselves. Harj, make sure they don't know what's happening, and you and Verk take point. I want you guys to be hiding, but you better be the first face they see. Same for you, Verk. Frob and I will run ops. I'll relay messages, tell you guys what they're doing, and Frob will keep us posted on their investiture. Everyone ready?"

Everyone nodded and moved into their positions.

Ok. Makes sense. :)

Well, you guys heard the plan. If you wanna godmod those six, you can. They're NPCs. Just don't kill any of them right away. They'd match themselves up against y'all well. Have some fun with it! I shouldn't be off for too long, but you guys can have fun with it till the fight is over.

Besides, if you kill Frob, the entire thing is useless. :)