Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

16 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

That rp is wrong. Hellbent would rather die than concede.

Whoops. It's a little late though, as that fight has been over for a while.  That's my bad, I assumed Hellbent's pride would have won over his stubbornness.

"Yeah, I saw someone up ahead. There was a split in the tunnel, the guy I found was to the left, I think he was Frob but I didn't want to get too close in case he could spot me." Devaan began to walk down the tunnel, he matched his pace with Neo.

"So, you tried to follow me?" he asked Neo as they walked.

"Mistakes happen kiddo. You'll just need to learn from them. You joined the Canton yet? You'd be a help to the operations team." Devaan reassured him. Neo messed up, and If Devaan heard the commotion that Neo caused just a minute ago, he assumed Frob did as well, they might have already lost him, but Neo was inexperienced, he needed to be trained.

Max followed them silently, though he noted there were no lights or obvious movements from the tunnel they were travelling to.

“Frob’s going to his own contacts, but oddly there isn’t any sign of some sort of settlement or base in these tunnels.” He jogged a little ahead.

“So that could either mean he went back to the surface, or there’s a base hidden in the walls and ground, because on this normal sewer level there doesn’t seem to as much activity as we’re led to believe, which means it’s hidden.”

"I'd imagine so. Can we got some light over here?  Neo, you stick with me, Max and Althea, go to the other walls of the tunnel. We'll have enough light so we can all search for trap doors or hidden walls. I don't have any tremor sense cards in this deck, so unless anyone here has tin feruchemy we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way."

Max searched with her, feeling the walls as he walked by them. Something sticked to his hand and he flicked it off. These walls were disgusting. But of course, they still had to search, Max wouldn’t let a little dirt and some cockroaches distract him.

“Good job on rescuing the kid,” he said to Althea.

@Sorana

Neo was removing some slickness to the walls to make a hidden button easier to press. “Devaan, if there’s an underground base, shouldn’t it be under the sewer system? Tell me if you need some abrasion, I’m happy to help”. Maybe there would be an exit in the sewer water but no way Neo was going down there.

@Nohadon

Edited by Minato™

25 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Good job on rescuing the kid,” he said to Althea.

"I only distracted them, Devaan blew them up."

Her face stayed impassive, but she sent him a picture of herself smiling at his compliment, as she doubted he would be able to discern the small signs that gave her away in the eerie light.

"This doesn't work like that. And we don't have the time for an hour-long search."

Inhaling until her skin started to glow softly, she walked along the tunnel, until the end of the area they were searching. Grasping some of the water she turned it to stone, built a small damm, just high enough to stop the water from flowing into the tunnel. Kneeling down she reached out with her mind again, soulcast the stone, made a new pipe, one leading down in to the earth. It didn't take the water long to flow away, the tunnel drying.

Frob scuttled down this tunnel-under-the-sewers, feeling more and more worried that his friends would not be there. They had to be. Vesuvius wanted them to be there. Grom, Harj, Kerl, Treb...

They would be there. They would help Frob escape. They would know what Vesuvius said. They had too.

But, then again... there were no bumps. There were always eyes, looking at him, searching him, feeling his bumps. Frob wasn't safe yet. Frob wasn't coughing.

Frob laughed, though. For a second, he sensed his own insanity. Then, his lucidity was gone and he was scuttling again.

He had to escape! He knew the eyes behind him. They were strong. They were close. They were coming! Frob had to be gone before they came! He would not fail his master. He fingered his stump arm gingerly, moving even faster with the memory. Where was Vesuvius? Where was Benson? Why did he know them? What were the voices that followed him? What drummed?

Frob stopped abruptly. It was not his place to think. It was his place to act! He was not a man of thought. He was a guardian, a watcher! He could be bricked up and his job would not be hindered, but while he starved, he would not think. That was not his job. His job was to look down the telescope at the eye. That was his job. He could be blind and still see!

He pulled out a flask of water and drank, feeling the stale, sewage-y taste. He had put something in the drink, hadn't he?

Yes. There it was. That light-headedness, that euphoria, that wealth. He drank quickly, nearly choking before he went on his way. Frob did not think. He friends would think for him. Harj could think well. Harj had the best thinking Frob ever knew. The eyes behind him had better prepare to be poked! Harf knew how to poke eyes. He had poked out Kerl's eye almost a year ago. Kerl still kept the eye in a bag around his neck.

Frob chuckled at the thought of the bumps being poked by Harj. Yes, Harj could poke very hard, very hard indeed...

That was why Frob was going to them. They would not let Frob fail Vesuvius. They would be there because Vesuvius told them to be there.

Frob almost chuckled at that thought before holding it in. Vesuvius. What a name. Frob and his friends, they valued speed. Not Vesuvius. Vesuvius only valued killing. Frob did chuckle at that, caressing his stump arm. Yes. Vesuvius only valued killing...

That was why Frob would not fail. That was why Frob would live. And, with that thought, he turned a corner in the winding tunnels and entered his friends' hideout.

Devaan heard a laugh echo from under the tunnels.

"He's below us!" Devaan realised, spotting the trap door that Frob went down.

"Thanks for making the dam Althea, but we should probably break it down. We don't want to cause a mass blockage in the sewer system."

He opened up the trap door and hopped down, looking around. It was another tunnel system, but this one didn't smell as bad.

"I've never seen this part of the city." Devaan remarked in wonder. He assumed he'd seen all of it in his time here. Where they were right now was deeper than the where the thermonuke blast hit in the war. Otherwise he'd have seen this. Devaan shuddered. The underground wasn't his most comfortable environment. Tunnels just felt too artificial. He began considering the implications of a tunnel system under the city.

If the majority of the criminal underworld found out about this. Smuggling would boom. I'll have to set something up down here to stop that.

Neo followed devaan down the trapdoor. “So, this is where he is?”, feeling a bit dumb as he probably should’ve already suggested that.

”Devaan, I’ll stick with you for the time being”. He didn’t want to mess up again. He also started placing some flowers down so that they wouldnt get lost.

Edited by Minato™

"After you Max."

Althea gestured towards the door, not replying to Devaan's words. Did he think her stupid? Of course she would destroy the dam, before leaving here.

He's used to commanding people, to think for them.

Brashen whispered, noticing her irritation and she nodded slightly. Devaan was difficult to handle, he'd stepped into her life and despite her decision to trust him, to include him, she had a hard time to let people come close. And there was this part of her, that wanted to impress him, despite everything.  Althea pushed it all away and waited for Max to climb down the sewer.

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“After you Max."

“Thanks,” he said and climbed down the sewer. He smiled internally at the memory she had given him, of her smiling at his compliment. Really, he needed to get her to smile more. She was so pretty when she did that.

As soon as he was down in the next level he jogged up ahead of his partners and turned, talking to them. “I can Riot in all directions,” he said. “When we hear a scream, we know where to look.”

“So what’s the action plan for when we actually enter their base? Maybe Vesvius or Frob will attempt to escape.” He asked. “They will probably have another exit because it would be kind of dumb to just have one entrance and exit incase you get blocked in”.

Edited by Minato™

"Down here, we are at a disadvantage. We don't know where any of these tunnels lead. Stay sharp and be careful. We don't know what's behind any corner." Devaan looked at Neo as he spoke.

"As to your question. Vesuvius most likely has multiple exits. Which means we might have to split up until we have him cornered. We'll case the place before we go in and trap any obvious escapes. When we get there, Max, Althea and I will do check the safe house out. You don't have the ghost blood stealth training that we do, so we'll come back for you once we've finished, Any objections?" He asked as Max and Althea dropped down the hatch

Edited by Nohadon

"Fantastic. Now how do we find Frob? We know he's somewhere down here, but we don't know where. So unless anyone can track him him through these tunnels, we'll have to just walk in a random direction and hope for the best." 

Edited by Nohadon

"It will be hard to impossible to follow his footsteps with the water in the tunnel."

Althea mused and looked along the tunnel.

"I think Max rioting is our best option. Or we really have to start searching every little piece of rock down here."

"The downside of the rioting is, that they might be able to flee before we arrive there."

Do you really want to do this? We can always do this the old fashioned way.

Max was strong enough to incapacitate them with his rioting, but she'd never suggest he'd do it again. Not after the last time.

14 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Fantastic. Now how do we find Frob? We know he's somewhere down here, but we don't know where. So unless anyone can track him him through these tunnels, we'll have to just walk in a random direction and hope for the best." 

“I can Riot,” Max said. “If I do it enough, it should be enough to make some sort of reaction. If I Riot sadness, and then push it in all directions - minus you guys, of course, all we have to look for is someone weeping.”

"That'll use up a lot of your stores. Can you handle it?" Devaan asked. 

He's gotten stronger.

His rioting is a force to be reckoned with. I haven't seen him pinpoint fatigue someone yet, but I doubt he wouldn't be able to do it with enough force to knock someone out.

There's also the Oasis incident

Yeah.