Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

17 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

He took out a seed and grew it into an aloe vera plant, cut a part of it off and rubbed the gel onto his skin and some of his leather clothes which he then rubbed off. That should fix up a lot of the smell. “Do any of you guys want any?”

7 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Althea followed Max, looked around for some kind of sign that they were heading in the right direction.

“Yes, please.” Max said, nodding to the kid. He hadn’t realised how helpful Progression could be. He turned to the kid again.

“You ever heard about the story with the two kids and the breadcrumbs?” They’d dropped the breadcrumbs so they knew whenever they’d reached a place they’d already been.

“Drop your plants here and there as we walk, so we don’t get lost and so we know where we’ve been.”

“Okay, will do!” He took out some... some... begonia seeds, mainly because they were one of the most colorful plants out there, so its easy to spot. He grew some of those flowers and dropped them on the ground as they walked. There wasn’t much action right now which left him with time to think about  who he’d focus on supporting during the actual fight. Well, considering we’d find him.

Devaan studied the newcomer, Neo. The blades on his forearms and skates suggested he was an edge dancer, as did the use of regrowth. Devaan didn't mind the smell of the sewers, it was still better then other places he'd survived in.

"So kid. Do you know who were after?" Devaan asked Neo as they walked.

Wait do I call you devaan or hellbent? Or Devbent Or Hellvaan? I couldnt find your character sheet.

“Uh, Frod— I mean Frob, right? I don’t know a lot about him, only that we need to bring him down. Anyhow, what do you specialize in?” Neo said as he grew some more plants to help keep track. He felt a bit bored so he defaulted to a double grapevine freestyle.

Althea walked through the tunnel, listening to the conversation. The splashing of the water, the quiet dripping. It was - There was something, someone.

She lifted a hand, signalling them to stop, touched her ear and then gestured into the darkness.

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

@Minato™

In my headcanon that's not Frob. Either some animal, or someone to point us in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Minato™ said:

“Uh, Frod— I mean Frob, right? I don’t know a lot about him, only that we need to bring him down. Anyhow, what do you specialize in?” Neo said as he grew some more plants to help keep track. He felt a bit bored so he defaulted to a double grapevine freestyle.

"I'm just a fighter, thats all" Devaan told Neo.
"We're looking for a guy called Vesuvius. He killed 20 kids in OASIS City. Frob is just the guy who owns the safe house."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

She lifted a hand, signalling them to stop, touched her ear and then gestured into the darkness.

Devaan stopped as well. Not making a sound, listening out into the darkness. He heard it. A soft dripping, a faint presence in the darkness.
"Something's up ahead" He whispered, barely audible. He silently took out his deck of cards. Managing to shuffle the nicrocil plates without making a single sound.

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan stopped as well. Not making a sound, listening out into the darkness. He heard it. A soft dripping, a faint presence in the darkness.
"Something's up ahead" He whispered, barely audible. He silently took out his deck of cards. Managing to shuffle the nicrocil plates without making a single sound.

Althea listened into the darkness, it came closer, and she slowly inhaled more stormlight, mentally touching the stone around them, the water, the air.

After a while a man could be discerned at the corner of their small light. He stopped, stared at them, hesitated, as if considering to flee.

@Minato™

@I think I am here.

Devaan saw the man up ahead.

"Is your name Frob, by any chance? I found something that belongs to a guy called frob. It had sewage marks over it." Devaan took out a small gold necklace and let it hang from his close wrist.

"If not. Do you know where this Frob might be, by any chance? I might be mistaken, and it might be owned by an acquaintance of his. it get's awfully dark down here"

Devaan offered the necklace towards the Man.
Take the bribe, come on. You have to know where Frob is.

21 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"If not. Do you know where this Frob might be, by any chance? I might be mistaken, and it might be owned by an acquaintance of his. it get's awfully dark down here"

Devaan offered the necklace towards the Man.
Take the bribe, come on. You have to know where Frob is.

The man inched closer, looked at the golden chain.

"That real?"

He asked, his eyes darting behind them, once, twice.

"You seem to have some expensive things with you."

His voice was louder, a bit too loud given that they were standing in front of him.

@Minato™

@Ark1002

29 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

What investiture does he have because my left eye allows me to see investiture on people and I was about to use that but I don't know what investiture he is.

As he's an NPC you could have stated that by yourself, but in my headcanon he has nothing.

Though in that case you'll see that Althea's a KR aswell. Didn't know you could do that, sorry.

13 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Though in that case you'll see that Althea's a KR aswell. Didn't know you could do that, sorry.

Only if activated due to nightwatcher boon, if he concentrated on the NPC he wouldn't have noticed anyhow.

Neo tried to look at his investiture but couldn't spot anything, his left eye stopped glowing and he whispered to athlea "I don't trust his tone, give me the a-ok and i'll subdue him".

51 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"You seem to have some expensive things with you."

"Price doesn't matter. It obviously has some sentimental value. Eh?" Devaan smiled, but his eyes were scanning around the sewers, he was ready to fight at any moment. 
"What's your name, friend?"

27 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Neo tried to look at his investiture but couldn't spot anything, his left eye stopped glowing and he whispered to athlea "I don't trust his tone, give me the a-ok and i'll subdue him".

Althea noticed his eye, but decided not to ask what he had done. Too risky given their situation.

"Go. Keep in mind that we need to question him."

She whispered back, when a bolt hit her straight in the back. Pain exploded through her side and shoulder, but she kept quiet, gritted her teeth. Whirling around she saw more figures walking towards them, from the direction they had come from, to hinder them from running away.

"You shouldn't care about his name. Just hand your money over. And that bracelet as well."

One of them replied to Devaan's question.

So there's the one in front of us, he has two hidden companions as well who will act, if he is attacked.

Three behind our group, one with a crosdbow. None controls investiture, just normal thugs.

Feel free to godmod them/ kill them/ whatever your character might do, though if you want to I can control them and fight back.

Edited by Sorana

“Rust and Ruin,” Max cursed, beside Althea in an instant. “You ok?”

He looked where the bolt had come from and sent a sharp pulse of depression into the attackers. Not fear, that would make them run away. Anger would make them fight harder. So sadness would have to do.

He ran at one of the attackers with Sethramir, trying to swing at the legs, to subdue them.

Althea nodded, grabbed the bolt and pulled it out. It hurt, but it was better than healing the wound with the bolt inside her body. She had had enough of that today.

=================

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He ran at one of the attackers with Sethramir, trying to swing at the legs, to subdue them.

The woman staggered to the side, barely evading the blow. She stared at Max with wide eyes, lifted one hand in defeat, while her other reached for a hidden blade in her shoe.

"Please, let me live. My husband, he can't care for them on his own."

Her face was drawn in sorrow, tears glittering in her eyes.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

The woman staggered to the side, barely evading the blow. She stared at Max with wide eyes, lifted one hand in defeat, while her other reached for a hidden blade in her shoe.

"Please, let me live. My husband, he can't care for them on his own."

Her face was drawn in sorrow, tears glittering in her eyes.

Max hesitated, cursing himself. Criminals were criminals, she was only giving this reaction because he’d Rioted it. But he hadn’t Rioted her to lie, this must have still been truth.

Gritting his teeth, he unsummoned Sethramir and grabbed his staff, stepping back and swinging for her head. She didn’t have to die or lose a limb, maybe a knockout was all that was needed.

12 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max hesitated, cursing himself. Criminals were criminals, she was only giving this reaction because he’d Rioted it. But he hadn’t Rioted her to lie, this must have still been truth.

Gritting his teeth, he unsummoned Sethramir and grabbed his staff, stepping back and swinging for her head. She didn’t have to die or lose a limb, maybe a knockout was all that was needed.

The woman brought up her knife, futile against the staff as it hit her head. Her eyes rolled back into her head and she dropped to the ground in front of Max.

A few heartbeats later, chains covered her arms and legs, one end leading to the wall of the tunnel close by. Althea turned away from her, tried to get a feeling for the situation.

29 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Neo noticed Athlea was hurt and touched her with his healing. After that he skated with extreme speeds towards the lone man that stood there.

The man moved away from him, straightened his back, and pulled a knife out of his cloak. Next to him two figures, that had been croached low in the tunnel got to their, moved to confront Neo.

Oh God I did not think this through did I, he thought. He took a seed of thick Vines and grew them immensely to block one of the figures off. Neo then did an axle jump followed by a roundhouse kick mid-way through and knocked the other figure out. Not to his surprise, he appeared to have blocked himself off with the grown vine. Great, now I still have one of them left and the guy has yet to stab me, which wouldn't be good.

Edited by Minato™

Devaan stopped Hellbent's follow-through kick. The woman would live through one of them. But they were both paralysed. A crossbow bolt whizzed towards them.

I can catch it

Give me control, damnation it!

We're not killing this Woman.

We can't leave witnesses

She'll be more useful alive.

How?

She'll owe me for stopping you.

We should kill her now.

I'm not going to let you

The bolt struck them in the back.

You'd rather die than give me control?

Yes.

Fine. I'm not going to die to people this incompetent.

Devaan turned around and caught then next crossbow bolt that sailed towards him. Ignoring the pain blossoming in his back. He then plucked the next out of the air as well. He used them to dig the other bolt out of his back. Drawing a card from his deck. A four of shields, feruchemical healing. He tapped the store inside, the wound in his back closing up as he ran towards the man with the crossbow. Dodging the bolts that tried to stop him. He reached the man. Kicking him in the kneecap before slamming a knee into his opponents face, knocking him unconscious.

Devaan walked back down the tunnel.
"You know. When your thieving. Never try fight the mark directly. Especially not when in this city. You're lucky as all hell that we're on a tight time schedule. Because if we weren't. We'd be hunting you down. I'm going to give you 10 seconds to tell us where Frob is. Otherwise I'm not going to hold back." A wicked grin appeared on Devaan- No, Hellbent's face.