Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

Okay guys sorry for not posting for a couple of days I really did not have the time but after a day from now, ill be active again.

Neo looked towards the others, that horrid, melodramatic looking man. He noticed that he was wearing aluminium, he couldn't be affected by his bestowers' Lense. He thought, Guys, we need to remove the aluminium on him, it will give us an almost immediate win condition. He then shared that thought with them, using his bestowers Lense. Neo moved forward infront of everybody and then thought, Shoot, what are his abilities. 

"Guys what are his abilities? Might be a little late to ask." He worriedly stated.

5 hours ago, Minato™ said:

He then shared that thought with them, using his bestowers Lense. Neo moved forward infront of everybody and then thought, Shoot, what are his abilities. 

Althea whimpered involuntarily when he used his lense on her. Another one. Why did they all think they could just enter her mind and head and never ask for permission. She knew the kid wanted to help, but for her it simply piled up on the mess, on the things that made her feel vulnerable and naked. Taking two steps over to Max she touched his sleeve to make sure that he was here, that he was real. She made sure to pull up her mask again, to appear strong, but it became harder with every word anybody of them said in her head.

"Why did you kill our children?"

She asked Vesuvius instead. There was something grave about him, something that didn't fit the image of the guy he had shown them so far.

@Gancho Libre

Max felt Althea touch his sleeve and he felt Neo talk to all of their minds. He felt a stab of anger at having so many people talk in her head, make her feel bad and he could do nothing, but he pushed it down. Once they dealt with Vesuvius, she could wear the aluminium headband, at least until a more permanent solution was found.

“You’re not going to kill any of us,” Max remarked, and marched forward. He looked to Neo and shrugged, silently telling him they had no idea what power Vesuvius presented.

Marching ahead, Max looked at Vesuvius, and lunged forward in a measured swing.

@Gancho Libre

On 5/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, Sorana said:

Althea whimpered involuntarily when he used his lense on her. Another one. Why did they all think they could just enter her mind and head and never ask for permission. She knew the kid wanted to help, but for her it simply piled up on the mess, on the things that made her feel vulnerable and naked. Taking two steps over to Max she touched his sleeve to make sure that he was here, that he was real. She made sure to pull up her mask again, to appear strong, but it became harder with every word anybody of them said in her head.

"Why did you kill our children?"

She asked Vesuvius instead. There was something grave about him, something that didn't fit the image of the guy he had shown them so far.

@Gancho Libre

On 5/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, I think I am here. said:

Max felt Althea touch his sleeve and he felt Neo talk to all of their minds. He felt a stab of anger at having so many people talk in her head, make her feel bad and he could do nothing, but he pushed it down. Once they dealt with Vesuvius, she could wear the aluminium headband, at least until a more permanent solution was found.

“You’re not going to kill any of us,” Max remarked, and marched forward. He looked to Neo and shrugged, silently telling him they had no idea what power Vesuvius presented.

Marching ahead, Max looked at Vesuvius, and lunged forward in a measured swing.

@Gancho Libre

Just so you guys know, I'm listening to the Avengers: Infinity War soundtrack while I'm writing this. :)

Also, Itiah, I'm going to assume a) you'r stabbing me with your shardblade and B) you marched the entire 30 meter distance towards Vesuvius to get into stabbing range (?). if that's wrong, I can change my post.

"I needed to show you," Vesuvius said, standing up out of the ice and stepping into a stable stance, one that would counter the slippery surface of frozen water, "That I am not one to mess with. I am... a man to take seriously,"

Vesuvius stood still as one of them came forward, closing the distance between them. Thirty meters. Twenty meters. Ten meters. Five meters. Three meters. There he stopped, and just looked at Vesuvius for a moment.

Then, the man stabbed a shardblade at Vesuvius. Vesuvius knew a shardblade when he saw one.

Vesuvius fell to his knees as the man stabbed forward with the blade, putting his forehead where his heart would have been.

Spoiler

And the tip of the blade pinged off the aluminum headband that Vesuvius wore, stopped cold.

Vesuivus looked up at the man, smiled, and clamped his alivened hand around the shardblade's flat sides. then, he twisted and yanked on the blade, with the aim of pulling the sword away from the man's grasp.

(Spoilered for dramatic flair)

2 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Also, Itiah, I'm going to assume a) you'r stabbing me with your shardblade and B) you marched the entire 30 meter distance towards Vesuvius to get into stabbing range (?). if that's wrong, I can change my post.

Yes :) 

Storms, the man was precise. Sethramir bounced off the headband and with surprising strength the Shardblade was ripped from Max’s hands.

Max let it be pulled from him as he ducked to the side of Vesuvius, and in an instant Sethramir was back in his grasp. He tried a wide swing for Vesuvius’ hips.

“Killing actual soldiers would show your strength,” Max said while he swung.

“Not children.”

Althea followed them over, closer to Vesuvius, but kept back otherwise. Max and Hellbent seemed to be able to stand their ground. She turned to the side, so that she could see both directions of the tunnel and stood watch.

Neo saw Hellbent break into a sprint. Immediately afterwards, Neo started doing his thing, breathing in some stormlight. He easily sped up and outran Hellbent, going directly for Vesuvius, giving him a bow to his aluminium headband.

Edited by Minato™

21 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Storms, the man was precise. Sethramir bounced off the headband and with surprising strength the Shardblade was ripped from Max’s hands.

Max let it be pulled from him as he ducked to the side of Vesuvius, and in an instant Sethramir was back in his grasp. He tried a wide swing for Vesuvius’ hips.

“Killing actual soldiers would show your strength,” Max said while he swung.

“Not children.”

21 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent broke into a sprint, his athletic body sprinting quickly. Bloody splotches filled the water as he ran.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea followed them over, closer to Vesuvius, but kept back otherwise. Max and Hellbent seemed to be able to stand their ground. She turned to the side, so that she could see both directions of the tunnel and stood watch.

10 hours ago, Minato™ said:

Neo saw Hellbent break into a sprint. Immediately afterwards, Neo started doing his thing, breathing in some stormlight. He easily sped up and outran Hellbent, going directly for Vesuvius, giving him a bow to his aluminium headband.

Vesuvius threw the shardblade to the side, watching it from the corner of his eyes. It dissipated into mist and reformed in his enemy's hand. Vesuvius was already twisting, and as the shardblade swung at him, he swung his own weapon.

His alivened fist.

He punched his fist down on the flat side of the blade, knocking it down against the tunnel floor. It bit into the icy concrete, cutting deeply and missing Vesuvius.

Vesuvius had reached across his own body to do that, so now his body was turned 90 degrees relative to the group of people who had come out form the trapdoor. As he watched one of them started running. Hellbent. Another of them, on skates, of all things, passed Hellbent and approached with frightening speed. However, the man on skates was not going to try and attack Vesuvius. Vesuvius could tell by the man's hands. He was going... for Vesuvius' head? His hands were ready to clench, to grab.

The headband. The man on skates was coming for Vesuvius' headband. If it came off, Vesuvius knew what he would face. Emotions like he had never seen before. Vesuvius had never been good with emotions.

The man on skates was Neo, if Vesuvius remembered correctly. The one with the shardblade would be Max. Althea was one of the two people still by the trapdoor, he was sure of it. But it was dark down there.

Neo was close now. Vesuvius swung his metal arm back around, elongating it to the right length to intercept Neo in a, hopefully, mace-like blow. At the same time, Vesuvius took advantage of his kneeling position to slide a long dagger from his boot with his flesh hand. He stabbed upwards with it towards the shardblade-wielder, Max.

Edited by Gancho Libre

Althea walked closer, observed as the three attacked Vesuvius at the same time. She made sure to have some stormlight ready to be used, but here and right now, she was unsure what she could do to help. Vesuvius was kneeling, he was attacking Max and evading the others. A thought sparked and she quietly teleported behind him, appeared again with Brashen as a halberd in her hand. He was kneeling, his back turned towards her, so she took the time to aim, moved Brashen up and then down, with all the strength the stormlight lent her body. He probably would have noticed her glowing weapon, her softly glowing body, maybe heard the steps as she approached him, but still she might have been able to surprise him a bit.

@Gancho Libre

By the way just to clarify, a quad axle jump is just a type of ice skating jump where I rotate about 4 and a half times.

Neo went towards him and realized that Althea was suddenly behind Vesuvius, ruining part of his plan. He didn't worry though. Neo breathed in stormlight, illuminating himself in order to make Althea's glow look a lot less visible. He then did a quad axle jump and then went on to slash Vesuvius' head in a roundhouse kick mid-air.

Okay, I think I made myself look flashy enough for him not to notice Althea.

Edited by Minato™

20 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Neo was close now. Vesuvius swung his metal arm back around, elongating it to the right length to intercept Neo in a, hopefully, mace-like blow. At the same time, Vesuvius took advantage of his kneeling position to slide a long dagger from his boot with his flesh hand. He stabbed upwards with it towards the shardblade-wielder, Max.

Devaan held out his hand.

Left and right sides. Like we did in gladiator city in the tougher fights. Devaan told Hellbent, taking control of the left half of Ronin. He held out his hand as a flash of flames conjured a sword from the air. Akeron, sword of the east dropped into his hand.

Sheonar? You need a hand? The blade spoke to him, but not to Hellbent.

Nothing special, just need you to be my blade for now. I'm using one hand though, so maybe change it up?

With pleasure. Another burst of flames, now a hatched hung loosely in Devaan's grip, he threw it forwards. Akeron always came back to it's owner, a trail of flames so hot that they began to glow blue streaked behind the hatchet as it flew forwards, right towards Vesuvius' flesh hand, the one holding a knife.

So like Sethramir, Akeron is one of the four awakened blades that Devaan made. It's core element is fire, meaning that when awakened it gives the ability to manipulate (not conjure) fire, as well as transform into a hatchet. It's aspect is physical, meaning no physical investiture can be used while holding it. It has two forms, Like each blade it has it's sword form, which is a claymore meant to be swung with two hands, and it's secondary form, a hatchet. 

Edit: Ninja'd by Ark :( Lets say this attack went through just before Ark's post. Whoops

Edited by Nohadon

On 5/22/2019 at 10:54 AM, Minato™ said:

Neo went towards him and realized that Althea was suddenly behind Vesuvius, ruining part of his plan. He didn't worry though. Neo breathed in stormlight, illuminating himself in order to make Althea's glow look a lot less visible. He then did a quad axle jump and then went on to slash Vesuvius' head in a roundhouse kick mid-air.

Okay, I think I made myself look flashy enough for him not to notice Althea.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:48 AM, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent reached him. He howled a guttural howl, barging past Neo, and stabbed his blade towards the alivened half.

Alright, so all of these happen at the same time:

-Althea swings a shardhalberd at Vesuvius' head

-Neo jumps and kicks at Vesuvius' head with his skates

-Hellbent stabs at Vesuvius' metal half

-Devaan throws a magical fiery hatchet at Vesuvius's flesh hand

-Max ducks out of the way of Vesuvius' attack (???)

Alright! Not too dangerous or overwhelming at all! :)

Vesuvius is in a kneeling position, with one of his hands (the flesh) thrusting forward with a knife, and his other (alivened) in a backhanded swing that will miss Neo as Neo jumps. The only person out of the action is Max. Alright. *Deep breath*

Vesuvius felt his head get split open. Luckily, the shardhalberd didn't cut all the way down his skull, because the headband was in the way. A headband that was, now, getting gorged off his face by a magical skate kick. Ooo, also, Vesuvius' alivened and flesh arms were cut off by two different weapons, one a shardblade and one a flaming hatchet. the flaming hatchet also managed to scorch Vesuvius' flesh, while also melting his alivened half to an unusable lump.

Vesuvius was kneeling. A vulnerable position. However, it meant he could do something unexpected.

Everything happened so fast. Only instinct saved him. He already had forward momentum, a thrusting jab with his knife. However, the only thing he was on the path to hitting was a shardblade. Not good. The skate person had jumped towards him. Someone was behind him. There was... a firey ax thrown at him, spinning with a flaming doom. So much heading towards him. The only thing he had was space, and even that was running out as Hellbent stepped forward to stab.

Only one path could possibly dodge all fo these. Vesuvius had his entire body follow his jabbing flesh hand.

That is to say,  Vesuvius bent forward to lie down on the ice face down. He quickly rolled a half-barrel roll to the side, moving even as his chest touched the ice.

This had severe ramifications

The shardhalberd, swung by Althea, was no longer on it's path to Vesuvius' head. The fiery ax and the shardblade were no longer on their paths to Vesuvius' body. Even though the shardblade had not been thrown, Vesuvius had had ample time to dodge around the beginning of Hellbent's thrust. Now, both the shardblade and the ax were on a collision course with Althea. And, finally, Neo's jump put him over Vesuvius, not on a path towards Vesuvius.

My apologies for responding late to the knife attack. I guess that means Max did too :P

The knife plunged into the side of Max’s abdomen and he cursed, stepping a bit back.

Seeing the shardblade and axe go towards Althea he quickly sent something over their link. Turn Beashen into a shield.

Seeing Vesuvius roll to the side Max looked up and threw Sethramir. The sword cut a large rocky chunk off of the sewer ceiling and sent a large rock falling to where Max predicted Vesuvius would land.

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Seeing the shardblade and axe go towards Althea he quickly sent something over their link. Turn Beashen into a shield.

Althea saw the blade and the axe move towards her and instinctively she dropped Brashen, lifted her arm to protect her face-

Turn Beashen into a shield.

Shield, a shield, why did she -

How?

He was - Shardweapon. It clicked and finally she acted. Don't rely on your body to heal everything when you face a shardweapon. Unceremoniously she let herself fall to the floor, out of their way. The ice was cold beneath her hands, but it was way better than if she'd thrown herself into the stinking water of the sewers themselves. It was only when she was lying there, thar she realized, that she should have elsecalled away again. Turning her head she saw Vesuvius directly next to her and suppressed a groan. Staying out of this would have been wiser. But he had attacked Max, she had to try to help.

@Gancho Libre

Edited by Sorana

Not your fault itiah. Sorry for moving ahead without you. :)

Yeah, caught that myself. I would change it so that he bends backward instead of forwards because that would be a faster action and it would accomplish the same things. However, for some reason I can't edit anything I post on this thread, so... sorry. :)

A common villain would grab Althea and use her as a human shield to escape. But Vesuvius didn't want to escape. Not yet.

And there happened to be a giant boulder falling towards him. 

He was laying on his back. He braced his Alievend shoulder firmly against the icy ground, then raised his hand, palm up. He locked the gears and braced for impact.

He caught it, and the metal of his alivened half trembled. But it held. The ice under his metal shoulder blade cracked.

A rat flew through the air, and he saw Neo lose his momentum.

Vesuivus flashed a grin at Neo before twisting and half-throwing half-sliding the rock towards Althea.

@Sorana @Minato™ @Ark1002 @Nohadon @I think I am here.

At the same time, Devaan stretched out his left hand, Akeron coming to his hand as he went for a wide slash to cover Vesuvius' counter options. He'd have to jump backwards.

I didn't realise you knew how to use a Katana so well with one hand. Good work. We have to keep putting him on the defensive. Rotate attacks quickly, you strike, I cover.  Devaan felt the two fighter's souls starting to bond closer together.

Ark, we're probably going to go in sync for the first time ever in this fight, so when that happens we both get full control of the character, who we should probably refer to as Ronin for simplicity sake. Enhanced physical and mental capabilities, etc, I PM'ed you what happens and it's on the the character sheet in the thread.