304 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max felt Althea take his hand. I trust you, he replied, unsure what she was going to do.

A smile ghosted over her lips and she tightened her fingers around his. It was what she needed. He trusted her.

I told you about our leader in my head? About the council? They are all there, chatting talking.

She touched her temple with her fingers, to indicate what she meant.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but Lusk started asking about how to control those whose ranks are below ours.

Her voice turned strained,

Maybe I can shield you from them, stop them from influencing you. Lusk won't I made sure of that, but the others...

Focussing she concentrated on the net spreading out between them. It was somehow similar to her bond with Max, but also completely different. After some searching she found Max and grabbed the thread leading to them. She tried to leave him alone, to only claim the connection to him, to block it from the others. She had no idea if it would work, but it was worth a try.

I feel naked Max, vulnerable. As if they ripped my cloths of and stare at my body. I know they only hear what I project there, but I'm not sure about him and I don't know what they will be able to do once they learn how to use it. I don't want to have them in my head. I, it rips me apart, it drives me crazy.

Swallowing she kept her hand with his, enjoyed the contact. Go on, she had to go on.

"Maybe we need to search the ceiling. Last time we went down, maybe it's time to go up. If nothing's there I can dry the tunnel as well."

@Minato™

@Ark1002

Max took it in, listening.

After this, we can ask Devaan. He always has a solution, we can them out of your head.

It disheartened him to know he couldn’t do anything right now to help her, but he knew he’d get those voice shots out of her head one way or another. 

Max continued to search, looking at Sethramir. Apparently, it could talk. It could talk to Devaan, it had talked to Rashan. But never Max. What it did mean to unlock ‘its true potential’ anyway?

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

After this, we can ask Devaan. He always has a solution, we can them out of your head.

Devaan. He'd helped her, when she lost earlier. Althea nodded in reply, watched him continue to search. She wasn't used to rely on a stranger, she relied on Max and she usually felt bad for it. He had his own problems. But he was so confident that Devaan could help, that she nodded again. Later.

"Over here."

She called out to them.

"Look here. The ceiling is different."

@I think I am here.

@Ark1002

@Minato™

Posted (edited)

WRONG THREAD AGH

Hellbent stood there acting condescending. 

Edited by Ark1002

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

She stammered, still watching the star-skinned man. "I, ah. I."

She stammered. "I'm busy, Maxwell."

Wrong character in the wrong thread, Ark! :lol:

But feel free to post for Hellbent here!

Vesuvius grinned as he stepped down into one of his most spectacular accomplishments: the railway system. A series of carts and train rails that ran parallel to the sewer tunnels. All sound was masked by the rushing water rumble of machinery and the thick walls. With the rails, Vesuvius had ultimate control of his location in the alleycity.

Of course, his accomplishment hadn't been building them. His accomplishment had been finding them.

A cart rested nearby. It was actually more than one cart. It was several, with many boxes all linked together like a train. Each box was a five-by-fifteen box, and there were five boxes in all. They were all wooden except for the ones on the ends. The one on the ends were metal, and closed on all sides, while the wooden ones were open-topped.

Vesuvius walked alongside the cart, looking over the top edge of the walls, a feat he was barely able to do with his height. He ha to make sure his cargo was still there. Sure enough, the annoying pewterarm was right where Vesuvius had left him, tied up and unconscious.

Veusivus smiled against and reached the front end of the train-like vehicle. He simply flipped a switch on the outside, and the train roared to life. It started chugging forward, and Vesuvius hopped on, crouching on top of the metal plating like a gargoyle on a church.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Over here."

She called out to them.

"Look here. The ceiling is different."

“You’re right,”

Hopping over to directly under the different part of the ceiling, Max held Sethramir high above his head and tried to cut a square hole with the Shardblade.

It opened, and Max could see there was more space above that thin and hollow section of the roofing.

“We need to find a way to get up there, though,” he said, before hearing a large chugging and engine noise, like a train. It was so close, and above them.

“That could be Vesuvius!” He said suddenly.

Posted (edited)

"This could be Vesuvius!" a muffled voice shouted from a crack that appeared in the sewer wall. Vesuvius gave a start and looked back.

Apparently, they had found his trapdoor and had opened it. They would have been able to hear the train.

But Vesuvius would also be able to hear them. And he was sick of them following him.

He left the train running. he had people at its destination who would know what to do with the cargo. but he wouldn't need to be there.

And, of course, he'd take the next train over as soon as he had dealt with these unfortunate souls.

He leaped off the cart he was on, ran across the tops of the wooden walls as the train was pulled from under him, and jumped off onto the tracks after he was passed the last cart. He handed on one knee, head bowed over.

And he waited, fifty meters from where the trapdoor was.

@I think I am here. @Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @Minato™ @Darth Woodrack

Edited by Gancho Libre

Hellbent burst through, sword in hand.

"We need to search the room."

A drop of blood fell in his eye, and he wiped it away, letting it splatter to the ground.

19 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent burst through, sword in hand.

"We need to search the room."

A drop of blood fell in his eye, and he wiped it away, letting it splatter to the ground.

It’s a trapdoor, high above us... we’re still figuring out how to get up there.

Althea looked upwards and gently pushed Max out of the way. She reached out for the air and changed it, made it solid, for them to step on, then she stood on the block and pulled herself up, through the ceiling, looked around.

@Ark1002

@I think I am here.

@Gancho Libre

@Minato™

Posted (edited)

A head, peeping up out of the trapdoor. She could see. Vesuvius knew this person.

It's time they knew him.

"Welcome to my world," he said in a low, quiet voice. He stood as the train behind him disappeared into the darkness. The tunnel wasn't lighted the entire way. there was no need for that. The cargo would continue for miles before stopping, then it would be unloaded. It was safe.

"You've come hunting me," he continued, then sighed as he stood from his kneeling position. "A fact I cannot understand. You are angry with me for taking Benson, but you sought to kill him yourself. You're angry with me for killing the children, even though..." he trailed off, then smiled. "I see. You come for vengeance,"

He flexed his fingers. "I understand,"

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @Minato™ @I think I am here.

Edited by Gancho Libre

Hellbent stepped up, jumping up headless of danger. He splashed a trail of blood on Althea as he passed. He pulled the sword back out.

"I wanted to kill Benson. That's why I am here."

Vesuvius nodded at the man called Hellbent. 'Ah..." he said, grinning slightly, "You are the one I saw at Oasis City, the one who frightened my... friends so much. You are a skillful, if not overeager, warrior. It will be a shame when you die,"

Vesuvius put on a sympathetic expression. "And as for Benson, you'll be... disappointed... to find out that there is nothing for you to kill. I have already done the job,"

@Ark1002 @Nohadon

He growled, stepping back in an aggressive stance. "In another world, I would have enjoyed working with you."

He paused. "But unless the Righthand has a way, I do not think it possible."

Let's kill this bastard. Devaan thought to Hellbent

Althea looked at him. Vengance. Was she here for vengance? To take another life, to satisfy her sorrow, to calm her fear.

"Why did you do it? Come to Oasis, capture the children and kill them finally?"

She asked, mostly to say something to fill the emptiness. Hellbent waited for her to give him green light, but right now she felt sick and hated herself for it.

"Is it neccessary?"

Brashen whispered at her ear and she suppressed a groan. She didn't know if it was neccessary. But to let him go was not an option either. They'd come here to kill him. She'd killed so many only to kill him. Revenge, justice it didn't matter. Months and the government still hadn't been able to create some basic laws, they had but they were useless. They couldn't protect them, they couldn't protect her people. If she didn't do it herself, nobody would.

She nodded at Brashen and then replied to Hellbent:

"I don't see a way. He killed some of our children. This has to stop."

@Ark1002

@Nohadon

@Gancho Libre

Max went through the trapdoor as Vesuvius began, immediately summoning Sethramir. The glittery white sword shone in the sewers’ damp darkness.

Vesuvius had killed children. The fact hit a little too close to home. But while the others spoke, Max stayed silent, Rioting Vesuvius’ fatigue from running from them, Rioting his laziness, lethargy.

Vesuvius cocked his head. It seemed his group of minions hadn't killed any of his enemies. Not even the rioter. He had given specific instructions of them to kill that one. As it was, he could feel the artificial emotions. Fatigue. It made no sense. Vesuvius had walked here, and his metal half energized him. He straightened. Laziness. False. He would never feel that before a fight. Lethargy. Impossible, for him. All three were fake.

Vesuvius unclipped a small aluminum band, like a headband form an out-sticking piece of metal where a gun would holster, on his hip. He placed it around his flesh skull and grinned. Everyone else was present. It was time for his game of cat-and-mouse to end.

He was ready. He was always ready.

Vesuvius took a step forward, flexing his metal arm. he continued walked towards them, picking up speed. Fifty meters separated the two of them, a considerable distance.

Vesuvius began running.

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @Minato™ @I think I am here.

9 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Vesuvius began running.

Althea inhaled stormlight, checked her reserves. Her spheres were dull, but she still had the bracelets Devaan had given her on Max account. It would have to be enough. She was glowing softly and welcomed the storm inside of her. It urged her to do something, to move and somehow she was relieved that it would end now, that after this fight she would be able to shower. Kneeling down her hand touched the stone. She liked stone. Stone was cold and stubborn. But it wasn't about the stone. It was about the thin sheen of water covering everything about the high moisture in the tunnel. Water. Water was easy because it could remember so much. It remembered vapor and ice, and the last one was what she was aiming at. Gently pushing against the water she turned it to ice beneath Vesuvius feet, to trip him over, to have him fall to the ground.

@Gancho Libre

10 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Vesuvius began running.

Max inhaled deeply, checking his reserves. Vesuvius had put on an aluminium band, negating Max’s Rioting, so Max stopped doing it anyway. But if they could get that headband off, maybe Max could do what they’d done to the lordling back in Oasis, Seb.

But, such strong Rioting? After it had been used on him, Max had felt terrible, horrid emotions crippling him. Would he wish that on someone else, actively creating that pain, that emotion?

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Max held Sethramir in a defensive stance and stepped forward as the ground formed a thin ice layer. He didn’t trip, luckily.

Holding Sethramir up, Max Rioted determination and focus in everyone else. They would need every edge they could.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea inhaled stormlight

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max inhaled

:P

Hellbent bellowed wordlessly, red haze begging to fill the edges of his vision. His bloodstained body moved into a position ready to kill, to rip apart and slaughter.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Hellbent bellowed wordlessly, red haze begging to fill the edges of his vision. His bloodstained body moved into a position ready to kill, to rip apart and slaughter.

So you didn't inhale? :)

Vesuvius frowned slightly as the water at his feet turned to ice. There was only a thin layer of it, as whoever built this place knew that a train system would be highly ineffective in the normal sewer environment, but there was still water. It was unavoidable.

The ice caught at his flesh foot, which was on the ground at the time, then at his alivened foot, which followed. Vesuvius collapsed to his knees, the ice cracking around his metal knee. A good centimeter of water entrapped him. He was about thirty meters away from his enemies.

Vesuvius looked up at the gang who had come to kill him. "You are strong," he said. "That is something I respect," he trailed off, sounding weary. "Too many people are weak, these days,"

Vesuvius gave the soulcaster a sad smile. "I'll be sorry to see you go," he said, then leaned heavily on his flesh leg to rip his alivened foot from the ice.

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @I think I am here. @Minato™

Edited by Gancho Libre