Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

He looked towards Max, "Devaan told me about that", he said, really confused whether Devaan told Neo Important information by accident.

He then looked at Althea, feeling a little bit annoyed considering he had a Lense right here, while Althea did not appear to have any blood-forged Lenses or be an Oculator.

"Not necessarily, no. For example, just thinking about food while having the Lense directed at someone, could make them starve. Especially when its a strong lens that has been concentrated into a monocle for more power."

Althea suppressed a sigh. That had been his chance to apologize, instead he lectured her about investiture and admitted in the same sentence that he carried an artifact he couldn't control. He could be lucky he wasn't one of hers. She could accept mistakes, especially when it was a recruit, but willingly endangering an operation was somethingelse.

Accidently pointed a lense at someone. It was crap and he knew that. You didn't point a gun accidently at someone and you didn't focus on your hunger while in enemy territory and at the same time accidently pointed a lens at someone else of your team. And more importantly you didn't bring an artifact, you had no idea how to use it.

"That's a bestower's lense."

She told him calmly.

"So you would have to think about how hungry you are and not about food."

He's yours. You decide. You're his superior.

She told Max and stepped back, handed the conversation over to him.

@I think I am here.

Minato, don't get me wrong, this is pure in character for me.

@Minato™

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

He's yours. You decide. You're his superior.

Max nodded slightly.

He walked forwards and put his hand on Neo’s shoulder, speaking to him quietly, Sethramir dismissed.

“Look, kid, I don’t know why you made me hungry. It might have been a prank. Wrong time for that. But I’m not mad.” He smiled, beginning to Riot, trying to make the kid feel like Max was the nicest person ever, that the kid could tell anything to Max.

“But I really want definitive proof you’re on our side, or you’ll be dismissed from the mission. I’m sorry, but we can’t take risks. But it’s okay, if you can prove you’re not out against us then we’ll continue with this chase and pretend nothing happened. Trust me, the father we can get this over with the faster we can go back to hunting that child-killer out there,” he pointed to a dark tunnel.

Neo felt a lot calmer, he relaxed slightly. He began speaking, "You can trust me, really. Okay, I'll admit it was a prank, I just wanted to see how precise I could get, but my intention was never to 'starve' anybody let alone try to sabotage the mission". Why was he being so open. He 'looked' through his left eye, making it flame blue, and for a split second he could see Max's rioting before turning it off. Very subtle. If they weren't interrogating him he probably wouldn't have thought of something like that, he didn't really feel like pointing it out though. If they really thought he wasn't on their side, the last they would need was more protest. Besides, Max deserved honesty. 

Neo continued, "I'm not really sure how to give you definite proof that I'm on your side. I helped you out with that crazy axe guy, I could have just shove the axe's head deeper and made a run of it, considering how hard to catch I am. Uh... I just came to the alleyverse, barely know anything. You can check my arm for tattoo's, don't have any. Considering my lack of efficiency with my bestower's Lens, I wouldn't really qualify for a spy or assassin. If you can let me prove myself against Vesuvius, you won't regret it. You can even check through my belongings here and at the Canton of Combat, I have nothing to hide."

Edited by Minato™

3 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Neo felt a lot calmer, he relaxed slightly. He began speaking, "You can trust me, really. Okay, I'll admit it was a prank, I just wanted to see how precise I could get, but my intention was never to 'starve' anybody let alone try to sabotage the mission". Why was he being so open. He 'looked' through his left eye, making it flame blue, and for a split second he could see Max's rioting before turning it off. Very subtle. If they weren't interrogating him he probably wouldn't have thought of something like that, he didn't really feel like pointing it out though. If they really thought he wasn't on their side, the last they would need was more protest. Besides, Max deserved honesty. 

Neo continued, "I'm not really sure how to give you definite proof that I'm on your side. I helped you out with that crazy axe guy, I could have just shove the axe's head deeper and made a run of it, considering how hard to catch I am. Uh... I just came to the alleyverse, barely know anything. You can check my arm for tattoo's, don't have any. Considering my lack of efficiency with my bestower's Lens, I wouldn't really qualify for a spy or assassin. If you can let me prove myself against Vesuvius, you won't regret it. You can even check through my belongings here and at the Canton of Combat, I have nothing to hide."

“Okay,” Max said. He knew he couldn’t prove whether the second half of what Neo said was true, but the first half was fine. The first half was when Neo hadn’t seen Max’s Rioting with that glowing eye of his, and his mannerisms, how now he just seemed like a normal kid fooling around. “Don’t do it again,” Max said, patting the kid’s shoulder and walking off.

I’ll have some Operations guys look into every place this kid’s been to since he arrived here, any contacts he met that could connect him to something shady, he said to Althea. Right after this mission. But now, I really think he’s good, Thea.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I’ll have some Operations guys look into every place this kid’s been to since he arrived here, any contacts he met that could connect him to something shady, he said to Althea. Right after this mission. But now, I really think he’s good, Thea.

Althea listened to him talking, made sure her face stayed impassive, but as always she was impressed by the way he talked to Neo. He was good with people, a lot better than she was.

I trust you.

She replied simply and then changed the door back. Typing something into a device she opened her notebook again. Looked at the numbers.

"I think it's most likely for them to be a code for where we have to go. Turns maybe."

The device gave a short sound and she smiled.

"Here's map. It might not be accurate, but it's the best one they had at hand. Let's see if we can find some kind of pattern that ends at a more or less useful looking place?"

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Althea listened to him talking, made sure her face stayed impassive, but as always she was impressed by the way he talked to Neo. He was good with people, a lot better than she was.

I trust you.

She replied simply and then changed the door back. Typing something into a device she opened her notebook again. Looked at the numbers.

"I think it's most likely for them to be a code for where we have to go. Turns maybe."

The device gave a short sound and she smiled.

"Here's map. It might not be accurate, but it's the best one they had at hand. Let's see if we can find some kind of pattern that ends at a more or less useful looking place?"

“But if it’s directions, then it would be relative, wouldn’t it?” He asked. “It would be directions from a specific point, which we might not be at.” He thought. “On that map, maybe type in the numbers? It could be coordinates specific to the sewers.”

11 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Fair point, but which direction? Orientation is also relevant,” Max said. “We could start at the exit, I guess.”

Althea sighed.

"We've got ten numbers used. That leaves us with an uneven number for each direction."

She added a dot to the map, highlighting the place they were at.

Typing in the coordinates she shook her head.

"No coordinates. So maybe left and right? What else could it be?"

4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Should we trust him? It's your decision, Lady Righthand.

Trust him, no. Leave him for the moment yes. Stop him, should he try to harm one of us. It's an official operation between us and the Canton. We won't undermine that by challenging their authority. Still, we'll do a full background check asap.

She replied to Hellbent.

Edited by Sorana

Vesurvus turned a corner in an intersection. After a couple of yards, the tunnel began to narrow, and Vesuvius was stooping by the time he reached the circular grate that completely closed off the tunnel.

He grasped the iron bars of the grate with his metal arm and pushed. After a second of resistance, the grate slid forward, opening a trapdoor underneath the concrete. Vesuvius slipped into it, falling into a much larger tunnel.

The trapdoor, and thus the grate, slid shut on its own a second after he disappeared.

Pausing Althea wrote a few mails and then contacted her secretary. They had some clever heads, maybe they could run a simulation, try the possibilities out. It took a while, but then there was a reply, a point highlightened. A building above the sewers.

She marked it on their map.

"Lets try this one."

"The others all end up with points somewhere, but one time we ended directly below a building."

@I think I am here.

@Minato™

@Ark1002

27 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Pausing Althea wrote a few mails and then contacted her secretary. They had some clever heads, maybe they could run a simulation, try the possibilities out. It took a while, but then there was a reply, a point highlightened. A building above the sewers.

She marked it on their map.

"Lets try this one."

"The others all end up with points somewhere, but one time we ended directly below a building."

Max nodded. “Looks like it’s the only hint the have, we should take it.” He looked around and cut off his Rioting on Neo. “Which way do we go?”

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Max nodded. “Looks like it’s the only hint the have, we should take it.” He looked around and cut off his Rioting on Neo. “Which way do we go?”

"That one."

She highlighted the path on the map and then sent the image to Max and Hellbent.

"Everybody ready?"

Althea walked along the sewers, followedher map. Back and forth, turn after turn. Contrasting their earlier walk here, this time people hastened away when they came. Someone had to have found the bodies. Until they reached the part where the house was supposed to be.

"Another trap door maybe?"

She suggested and started searching.

@I think I am here.

@Ark1002

@Minato™

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Maybe do your trick with the dam again?”as suggested and searched with her, summoning Sethramir and searching with him pressed against the wall for more surface area.

Althea grit her teeth in frustration. She had no idea what to do against Lusk. He cared about nothing, but his position, and now she had lost that advantage as well. To have Lusk in her head, Hellbent. Their endless chatting drove her crazy. But it also meant she couldn't step back. If she did, they could control her. Cold fear had her gag and she made sure to shut it all away, to give him not more ammunition against her.

At Max words she looked up, the dam. Max. They could control him as well, they could spy on them. Stepping up next to him she gently took his hand. She had to protect him, he was her family, the love of her life. There had to be a way, maybe she could shield him, use her own. She felt sick at the thought, bile rising in her throat. They had been her home but here, right now they were a threat, a sword hanging above her head.

I need to try something. Do you trust me?