Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

The safehouse wasn't in the sewer system. The man who had used the safe house was, not the house itself. Rather, the safe house, in question, was an abandoned sewer treatment plant, with full access to the sewers in the Alleycity.

There was another man. Frob. Or, rather, that was what he called himself. Names should be nice and simple, they should. That's what he told himself as he straightened things up in the safehouse. To him, it was nothing more than his home.

Vesuvius had said there might be people looking for him. That was why he was leaving. Frob was silly. Silly Frob. But Frob was never a man to ignore his superiors. And Vesuvius was surely his superior.

Frob looked down at his stump arm. All he had done was question why the man Vesuvius had brought, Benson, was missing an arm. The wound had been bleeding. Frob had been forced-

No. Frob had been given the nice opportunity to help heal Benson. Frob didn't know Benson's whereabouts now, but he had seemed nice. Like Frob. Surely, Frob was nice, for letting Vesuvius use his safe house? For holding in his scream while Vesuvius punished him for his curiosity? Frob could still remember the pain, the sudden loss. He needed to massage his left hand, he did. The fingers were too cramped. The thing was, his left hand no longer existed. Well, it didn't exist outside of the little grave he had dug for it.

He could remember the screams. He couldn't remember what Vesuvius had done to Benson, because they had gone off into a side room while Frob patched himself. But Benson hadn't returned. Vesuvius did, but only to leave a minute later, telling Frob, in mock kindness, emphasized by his decking Frob in the face with that metal arm of his, to leave. Well, Frob wasn't going to ignore such a thing as that.

so, Frob left. He didn't have much possessions. He had friends. They were loyal. They all chose small names for themselves as Frob had. Frob was lucky to have friends that understood.

It was raining. Frob didn't care. He liked rain. He liked the excuse to leave his little house and splish-splash in the puddles. That's what Frob did now. He had time to tally-wagon.

The people Vesuvius had promised would get him would never find him. He promised Vesuvius that. He wouldn't break his promise.

The search begins! Apparently, GB and Canton people wanna find Vesuvius to bring him to justice. This is where that search will take place. Good luck!

Edited by Gancho Libre

Someone in a white coat limped through the sewers, said coat quickly becoming stained. The man didn't care. He had many coats back at his lair. He kapt shuffling, dragging the remains of a boombox behind him. The world was not yet ready for him and his companions' ideas. Ideas taken from the holy books. Ideas that, when brought to life, would shake the very foundations of the Alleyverse.

The man who called himself Jotaro Kujo smiled grimly to himself. Change was coming...

No prob! This is gonna be fun!

Frob hurried down the street. He liked rain... he liked rain... he liked rain...

He didn't like rain. He didn't really like water. Frob only like the dirty water, the water that carried the sewage. That couldn't be called water anymore, so Frob didn't like water. This was too much water. He was getting soaked. He didn't like rain... he didn't like rain... he didn't like rain...

His friend's building was nearby. Frob was excited to get to it! He didn't like rain. It was too wet.

Frob hurried, pulling his coat over his head. His coat was wet too. It didn't help.

Frob turned abruptly, kneeling down to pick up a grate in the sidewalk. Nobody was watching. Frob had a feeling, those feelings he usually had. No bumps. No bumps and no eyes. That's how it worked. Frob ran his fingers over his own eyes, rubbing the surface. They were bumps. There were no other bumps, so no other eyes.

Frob clicked the latch near the edge of the grate, and he pulled it up. Frob knew how to open the grates. He lived in the sewers, cared for them, tended them like they were a coral.

Frob loved his network, his labyrinth, of sewage. He chuckled wetly as he imagined pitiful souls getting lost and dying down in his sewers. He enjoyed daydreaming about his enemies dying.

Frob was sure that the next people to come down would be his enemies. Perhaps he would search for their bodies in a couple years.

Frob jumped down the grate, pulling it closed as he fell a good ten feet. The grate would lock automatically, he knew. He had done this before. Frob was careful.

Frob was careful he made only little splashes. Frob worked hard to keep his splashes little as he walked down the pipe towards his friend's house. He would be ready. He would not fail Vesuvius. His friends would help Frob, help him to not fail Vesuvius. 

Edited by Gancho Libre

A dark figure emerged from the shadows.  He was large, and possessed three arms.  "Hey there friend, it seems as though you're in need of DA assistance."  He pulled out the third arm, it seemed to have an assortment of spikes at the end.  "Here at insta-limb, we deal with all of your handy needs."  With that, he lept upon Frob, forcibly pounding the arm onto Frob's body.  Three of them were pewter spikes, which gave him gold feruchemy, and two were gold unkeyed metalminds.  The soul of the man whose arm it had previously belonged to imposed it's will upon Frob, so Frob saw the arm as a part of himself.  The arm attached seamlessly, with just the spikes ringing it to mark it out.  The man stood back, and contemplated his work.  "A little long," he muttered, "I always get that part wrong."  Then he said cheerfully, "Better too long that too short though!"  And he melted back into the shadows.

@Gancho Libre

Althea stopped in front of a building, or rather what was on the ground in front of it. An entrace - an entrance to a part of a city she hadn't stepped into in years. It had taken awhile, but then the man Zokora had found had started to talk, unwillingly, but he had talked. He didn't knew much, but he had given them a name. Frob, and he thought Frob might have worked for Vesuvius once. Althea knew, that it would be difficult to find someone, if you only had a name, and probably a false one, but then she figured they had to try. Zokora was still combing through the city, as did the Canton. Nobody could disappear completely.

But for now they had a name, and more importantly, they had a place, a general direction, somewhere this Frob might head, someone he might visit.

@I think I am here.

@Nohadon

@Ark1002

27 minutes ago, Sorana said:

But for now they had a name, and more importantly, they had a place, a general direction, somewhere this Frob might head, someone he might visit.

Let’s get some weather! :) 

In the darkness of the night, a light pattern of rain could be felt, drops of water rattling off of tin roofing, dark clouds resting over the city buildings.

“So, Frob,” Max said, wearing a coat and crossing his arms. He was cold. Stopping next to Althea, he surveyed the buildings around.

“Your assistant hadn’t found anything in the city yet, and nothing in the Canton. There’s really only one place else to check, right?”

22 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Your assistant hadn’t found anything in the city yet, and nothing in the Canton. There’s really only one place else to check, right?”

Althea nodded grimly, wiped some rain out of her face.

"Frob is said to have some contacts. Somewhere down there, in this area."

She confirmed and took a look at the grate, tried to lift it. Nothing moved. Narrowing her eyes she inhaled more stormlight and then bribed the grate itself. If there was a locking mechanism she didn't see it and it was a lot easier to convince what she saw. So the grate would have to do. There were many of these grates, leading into the city below the city, but Zokora had recommended that one. If it was the one Frob used, she hadn't known.

The grate changed, and then vanished in a spray of water. Althea looked down, then stepped back to give Max and Devaan the possibility to look down as well. It was hard to judge how deep it was, but it was dark.

Devaan had his Ronin clothing on, He looked into the darkness beyond the grate.

"I nominate the one with stormlight healing to jump down there." Devaan told Althea. From what he remembered of the sewer system, the grates dropped 20 feet at the most. No one should get seriously harmed unless they go in headfirst, especially no one with investiture. Devaan quickly took out a revolver and held it in his left hand. Loading the chamber fully.

Max looked down the hole. He considered smiling and jumping down, regardless of height, spontaneous as he normally was. But he stopped himself. He had promised not to get himself killed, and he owed it to Althea to be a little more careful. Still that didn’t mean he’d let her jump down only because she could heal whatever pain occurred.

“We should drop a sphere,” he said. “To test the depth.”

@Sorana

@Nohadon

Edited by I think I am here.

Althea dropped a sphere down the sewer and it sunk beneath some dirty water, illuminating the place below. It was hard to judge how deep it was, but Devaan was right. She could heal whatever damage the drop would inflict.

Crouching down she lowered herself into the sewer, gagged from the stench, and then let herself drop below. Water splashed up around her and the stench became almost unbearable. Her cloths partially soaked with whatever was swimming, Althea stopped herself. Don't think, just concentrate on the mission.

"You can come down. It's not too deep."

She called to Max and Devaan and then picked up her sphere, looking around.

@I think I am here.

@Nohadon

1 hour ago, MinatoRising said:

Hi, do you think I could join the sewer system thread? I am currently in the process of being in the guild on the other thread but Nohadon isn't online.

Sure, fine with me. If your character is associated with the cantonit's even better.

Anybody against this?

Neo looked at the hole, it didnt look that deep so he just went for it and jumped. He splashed inside the dirty water just fine, just a little shaken up due to the sudden hit of the water but he seemed fine. Anyhow, he had plenty of spheres ready to use his investiture. He just waited behind Athlea.

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

“You can come down. It's not too deep."

She called to Max and Devaan and then picked up her sphere, looking around.

Slowly, Max slid himself into the sewer system, cringing as the wetness of the sludge encompasses his shoes and a little above that. The strong smell was enough to make him hold his breath, hoping it would pass. But it didn’t, so he might as well have got used to it.

Extending a hand Sethramir dropped into place, shimmering white and he held it in a defensive position. Sethramir glowed, so they could use that as a light source, as opposed to the stormlight escaping from the spheres.

The place they were in in the sewers extended in two directions, forwards and backwards. Looking to Althea, Devaan, and the new kid who’d joined them, he shrugged, silently asking which way to go. “Should we split up?” He asked.

Edited by I think I am here.

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The place they were in in the sewers extended in two directions, forwards and backwards. Looking to Althea, Devaan, and the new kid who’d joined them, he shrugged, silently asking which way to go. “Should we split up?” He asked.

Althea thought about his idea and the sighed. If they split up, they were easier to catch, to defeat. If they didn't it would take them even longer. But then it depended on the teams, and - she didn't want to leave Max, but it seemed logical. The thought was even more frightening, again that crossroads. How could she decide something like that? How could she choose?

She looked at the kid from the Canton.

"What are you specialized in?"

@Minato™

"Tactically speaking, is splitting up wise?"

She answered Max question with one of her own. He had a lot more experience than she in that regard.

Neo looked over at who had been speaking to him, “Oh, I specialize in distracting enemies, healing people, I’m a good skater, pretty acrobatic too. I guess im more supportive and dont really have a lot of lethal attacks myself. what about you?”

He didnt mind if they either split up or went together, both were alright choices. He put on his skates already just so that he’d be prepared for what was to come.

Edited by Minato™

5 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

Neo looked over at who had been speaking to him, “Oh, I specialize in distracting enemies, healing people, I’m a good skater, pretty acrobatic too, what about you?”

He didnt mind if they either split up or went together, both were alright choices. He put on his skates already just so that he’d be prepared for what was to come.

Althea nodded. Sounded like another Radiant.

"I studied investiture."

She replied which was basically true, but not the whole story. You never knew who was listening.

“I’m a Rioter,” Max said to the Canton kid, introducing himself. Rioter was an understatement, but he left it at that.

Answering Althea’s question, he took a step in one direction the sewage went.

“We don’t know how powerful this Frob is, and neither do we know for Vesuvius. We’re all good fighters, but until we know what we’re dealing with we should stick together.

He continued walking in that direction. “I guess we just start from here, then.”

“Oh cool, let’s stick together then”. He inhaled some stormlight and used his abrasion and kept skating slowly alongside the group.

He took out a seed and grew it into an aloe vera plant, cut a part of it off and rubbed the gel onto his skin and some of his leather clothes which he then rubbed off. That should fix up a lot of the smell. “Do any of you guys want any?”

22 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He continued walking in that direction. “I guess we just start from here, then.”

9 minutes ago, Minato™ said:

That should fix up a lot of the smell. “Do any of you guys want any?”

Althea followed Max, looked around for some kind of sign that they were heading in the right direction.

The kid was smart, she gave him that.

"No thank you. I need to clean the shower anyways."

And it wasn't important right now. Smell, disgusting things her boots hit. It didn't matter. She hadn't been on a real mission in a while, but it felt great to do something, to be active and not only read some reports.