Travel to Aimia

Zelly

So we know that the seas to Aimia are very rough and dangerous.  Most people are also spooked when it comes to going there (which is quite sensible give then "no one has ever returned" thing).  We also know that the Sleepless aggressively defend the island from explorers.

I have to wonder how the trip is in Shadesmar.  The rough seas would instead be land (possibly mountainous).  Do the Sleepless have agents on the Shadesmar side also barring access to the island?  Or maybe it's the opposite and using Shadesmar is the only allowed method, like an entrance test of sorts.

Any thoughts or WoB on this?  

Hmmm perhaps their are spren who deny visitors access?  Travel to and from Shadesmar was forbidden by Honor and it is possible he could have tasked spren with guarding the location.  Also the only Rosharans who could get to Shadesmar easily are the Radiants who may be allowed.  Or perhaps something about Aimia makes the shadesmar region dangerous?

8 minutes ago, Karger said:

Travel to and from Shadesmar was forbidden by Honor and it is possible he could have tasked spren with guarding the location.

Oh wow, I never made the connection between Honor banning the use of oathgates to transfer between realms and Aimia. After all, there is an oath gate currently there. I guess this kind of implies the scouting of Aimia occurred prior to Honors death, assuming that is the reason. 

2 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

Oh wow, I never made the connection between Honor banning the use of oathgates to transfer between realms and Aimia. After all, there is an oath gate currently there. I guess this kind of implies the scouting of Aimia occurred prior to Honors death, assuming that is the reason. 

Hmm I think it actually either came after or was much better recorded.

15 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Am I remembering wrong, or was there an Aiman in one of the interludes? What does that mean about travel to and from Aimia?

We've seen Aimians multiple times. Axies is a recurring interlude character and he, Arclo and the Dysian posing as the ship's cook in Kaza's interlude (as part of the 'keep people away' thing) are all seen away from the island and they're not the only ones. All it really tells us is that whatever reason(s) spurred them to keep people away from Aimia doesn't apply to the Aimians themselves.

Edited by Weltall

• Chaos locked this topic