Wander89

Game of Thrones

11 posts in this topic

With the new season started what's everyones' thoughts on episode 1 endgame? Are there any parts you wish to see and those that you are sad they skipped over?

Game of Thrones success gives me such a good outlook on upcoming shows such as Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings that hopefully in the future we get something Sanderson related.

I guess it's kinda nice that the characters are almost caught up to what the audience knows. 

Also, if I wanted to watch Neverending Story...

I thought it was pretty good. Some parts seemed a little rushed. I guess that is to be expected since they have to close up all the plot lines in just 6 episodes. I thought the reveal to Sam about his father and brother should have been in this episode but save Sam's revel to Jon for the next episode. It seemed a little awkward him grieving then talking to Jon.  There was already a cliffhanger moment with Jamie and Bran. 

It is still amazing to me that the show has been on since 2011 and GRRM is still two books behind. 

I agree, It's was a good introduction to the final season. It was expected to be rushed but I think that the lack of books in these two last seasons is obviously affecting to the quality of dialogue and plots in general.

Anyway, I enjoyed especially the dragon ride and the eye contact between Bran and Jaime.

I get that they had to do an episode where the characters all came together and meshed. I understand that they are fast-tracking a lot, like the travelling and such but I hope that the scenes/story picks up more with the remaining episodes and we get some answers. I don't want more questions at this point, I want some solid proof that this is not going to do a LOST on me and leave me hanging!

Well, they're taking their time to prepare the develovent of the end of the threat.

I'd have thought this chapter was a bit boring and quite slow, but the scenes between Brienne And Jaime :wub: worth the waste of time. Those moments were pure gold!!!:wub:

From my point of view the readers of SOIF aren't going to find all the answers of the plots until George finally writes Winds. The serie is going to develop the main plots and leave some holes, unfortunately It's imposible to wrap it all on 6 episodes. 

Edited by Chiri-Chiri

I haven't watched. I want to tho

Better than the first episode, but also setting up for next week's episode which has been highly anticipated. 

Hopefully, fan favorites like Tormund and Lyanna will perish in the next episode so they don't have to be shoehorned into episodes to appease the fans. 

10 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

Hopefully, fan favorites like Tormund and Lyanna will perish in the next episode so they don't have to be shoehorned into episodes to appease the fans. 

Tormund isn’t really shoehorned though. He is the leader and face of the Wildlings, and one of Jons lieutenants. He is a pretty valuable character.

Also, Theon is so dead. 

Not only secondary characters, some of the main characters are going to die in the next episode, for example Bienne and Jaime were saying goodbye to each other :( and in a way to the fans too, mayhaps same with Theon and Sansa, Jorah and Dany, Arya (I'm not sure about her) .....

For practical reasons, I think that Tormund has more chances of staying alive than others "more important", because the death of a main character close a plot and therefore less minutes on the screen. Tormund can give a spark of humor when is needed to raise the spirits or simply to fill space. (And yes, I like him :P )

Edited by Chiri-Chiri

The laws of lazy writing decree you kill the comic relief character because it is more impactful on the audience. Tormund is sooo dead.

Lyanna is dead because the same lazy laws decree that as a minor, fan favorite she is disposable and will "up the stakes".

Brienne is sooo dead. I don't know about Jaime.

Theon is definitely dead. 

Really, it might be easier to say who will live: Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion and, I'll say it, Bran.

Sansa is hard to say, but I think she will survive. 

Arya? I don't know. We might get a situation where we won't know if someone died or not until the end of the season when they show up again as wrights.