Braizier

An image found in Urithiru

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Love the scholars notes comment :lol: Also just very cool

Edited by Vivid2323

That’s amazing! I love all the details you included like the glyphs on the Shardplate and the different radiants in the background. Feels very real.

2 hours ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

That’s amazing! I love all the details you included like the glyphs on the Shardplate and the different radiants in the background. Feels very real.

Thank you for noticing. I’m very detail oriented and since the actual illustration size is huge (much larger than would fit on a screen at full size) I was afraid many of the little details would be lost. These are the “secrets” the scholars notes refer to. 

At first, I thought it was a piece of official art commissioned for the 4th book that we got a preview of. it's really good.

2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

At first, I thought it was a piece of official art commissioned for the 4th book that we got a preview of. it's really good.

You are too kind. Seriously. :wub: I’m blushing. 

Wow, that’s a fantastic work. Quick question though. Which order is the cloaked figure in the middle of the upper left quadrant?

Lightweaver. There’s a cryptic on the hem, and I guess that one soulcast so much they’ve started to look rather inhuman Underneath the cloak. 

Quick question: is that a Cryptic or a plant clinging to the wall level with the main Truthwatcher figure's hand, diagonal and to the left of the jumping/falling figure?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Invocation said:

Quick question: is that a Cryptic or a plant clinging to the wall level with the main Truthwatcher figure's hand, diagonal and to the left of the jumping/falling figure?

It’s supposed to be an open vine bud like the closed one in the foreground. I rushed that one really bad. 

Edited by Braizier

8 hours ago, Braizier said:

It’s supposed to be an open vine bud like the closed one in the foreground. I rushed that one really bad. 

It looks good! I'm just not very good at distinguishing small stuff like that.

I just noticed the eyes in the bottom right canyon. That kind of details makes this an amazing piece of art. Please make more!

2 hours ago, Keeper Exile said:

I just noticed the eyes in the bottom right canyon. That kind of details makes this an amazing piece of art. Please make more!

Thank you very much. That was one of the last touches I added, and there are still several more Easter eggs that haven’t yet been noticed ;). Since I just finished this one after working on it on and off for so long I’m not really sure what to draw next. 

why is there a shardblade stuck in the ground and not dismissed? (bottom of upper right quadrant)

and is that a space whale I see? 

28 minutes ago, AonDii said:

why is there a shardblade stuck in the ground and not dismissed? (bottom of upper right quadrant)

and is that a space whale I see? 

There’s a Knight right next to it.

Not only that but it’s a very specific sword. (And the space whale is a hastily added cloud) - and if we’re really pulling hairs here why are ANY of their weapons out- why not spren floating next to them. Because swords are cool. 

53 minutes ago, Braizier said:

Not only that but it’s a very specific sword

Helaran->Kaladin->Amaram's?

54 minutes ago, Braizier said:

(And the space whale is a hastily added cloud)

there are 2! they look like floating rocks-ish things (above the cloaked figure and the truthwatcher's right shoulder)

1 hour ago, AonDii said:

Helaran->Kaladin->Amaram's?

there are 2! they look like floating rocks-ish things (above the cloaked figure and the truthwatcher's right shoulder)

Nope none of those. It’s fairly recognizable; in the official art of all 3 books. 

And... yeah. 2 clouds. Like I said. I added them towards the end when I just wanted the drawing to be done. I also think they look like rocks. 

Posted (edited)

That's Jezrien's Honorblade, I believe, judging from the ripples. I'm almost tempted to say Oathbringer as well, though. Am I correct on either count, @Braizier?

Edited by Invocation

Posted (edited)

No! Sorry, I feel like by now they have all been guessed other than it! My fave shardblade design so far is Adolins- Mayalaran pre- deadeye. I think she was bonded to an edge-dancer

E3C23B30-A560-4EB4-896B-D1C364FBE2E1.png

Edited by Braizier
Added picture reference from book

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Braizier said:

No! Sorry, I feel like by now they have all been guessed other than it! My fave shardblade design so far is Adolins- Mayalaran pre- deadeye. I think she was bonded to an edge-dancer

Snap. I thought I had it with the Honorblade thing.

Good touch, though.

Edited by Invocation

jezrians is probably the most frequently illustrated one though, and Honor blades have a notable history of being stabbed into the ground and left behind, but I really wanted to include at least one blade we had already seen in a pre recreance state. 

16 hours ago, Braizier said:

And... yeah. 2 clouds. Like I said. I added them towards the end when I just wanted the drawing to be done. I also think they look like rocks. 

what about the thing above truth's head?

1 minute ago, AonDii said:

what about the thing above truth's head?

It’s a concentration spren. Described in edgedancer as circular ripples in the air above people’s heads. It’s my theory that concentration spren will have a connection to truth watchers in the same way windspren are tied to wind runners, creation spren to light-weavers, and glory spren to bondsmiths. 

Just now, Braizier said:

It’s a concentration spren. Described in edgedancer as circular ripples in the air above people’s heads. It’s my theory that concentration spren will have a connection to truth watchers in the same way windspren are tied to wind runners, creation spren to light-weavers, and glory spren to bondsmiths. 

whatever you say...