6 posts in this topic

Spoilers for The Mistborn Books and Stormlight Series will pervade this thread.

So this is not a fully flushed out theory - it's actually more of an idea - but can Kandra worldhop? 
They're spiked, and therefore tied to Harmony, but does that mean they can't leave their planet?

If they can worldhop, do you think we've seen any Kandra on Roshar and not known it? 
Personally, I am hopeful to see Tensoon return as Kelsier at some point. (Different theory here: unless, do you think a Kandra sacrificed themselves and let Kelsier Spike his soul to their body using his original bones in order to have a physical form again? This is the only explanation I can think of that would lead to Kelsier having his scared arms at the end of bands of mourning).

Posted (edited)

There are several kandra out on other worlds, a few of which we have seen on screen. WOBs coming once I've found them again.

18 minutes ago, prayingforsuperpowers said:

This is the only explanation I can think of that would lead to Kelsier having his scared arms at the end of bands of mourning).

That's just because Kell sees himself on a deep level as having those scars, they're part of him, so they come back whenever he uses Investiture to heal. The same reason Rysn can't get Renarin to heal her legs: it's already part of them on a Cognitive level.

Edited by Invocation

2 minutes ago, prayingforsuperpowers said:

But do you have any ideas for Kandra on Roshar?

Skaiiwalker (paraphrased)

Are there any kandra on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes.

Skaiiwalker (paraphrased)

Is Axies one of them?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No, but good guess. The Aimians are a different race.

Teen Author Boot Camp (April 11, 2015)

Explicitly confirmed.

There are theories. Mrall, Rial, Felt (though this one makes no sense to me, as he stands out too much)

We do have a slightly more explicit confirmation that a Kandra was actually on screen in OB. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Have we seen the worldhopping kandra on-screen in Oathbringer?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes, I believe you have. Ahhhh, yes, she gets around. 

JordanCon 2018 (April 21, 2018)

Kandra and dragons are, unfortunately, the two types of worldhoppers that seem like we'd only be able to catch by a major slip up, or outright admission on their part.