What Order of Radiant would a non-radiant character be?

I’ve been thinking for a while about characters that aren’t radiants and what order they would fit in with.  

Back when I was reading WoR for the first time (before I got to the end) I kept having the thought that Aedolin could become a skybreaker because of how much he wanted to bring justice to Sadeas, and how he supported Kaladin when he was unjustly imprisoned.  

Anyway, thinking back on that got me thinking about other characters, mostly non-SA characters, and what orders they would fit in with.

Shai would obviously be a Lightweaver.

I think Wax would be a Windrunner, though I could also see him as a Skybreaker.  

Wayne would probably be a Lightweaver, but I really like the idea of him being an Edgedancer.

13 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Elend: He has always been a Truthwatcher in my head but I dunno why

Because he was quite and helpful trying to do his best for others.

14 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Vin: Windrunner possibly

She seems to selfish to be a good Windrunner to me.  I place her as more Dustbringer.

Sazed is defiantly a Bondsmith

I see Dox as a Skybreaker.  Ham and Breeze weirdly enough are both Edgedancers in my mind.  Vivenna looks like a bit like a Lightweaver but not quite.

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

Because he was quite and helpful trying to do his best for others.

She seems to selfish to be a good Windrunner to me.  I place her as more Dustbringer.

I definitely agree, I doubt she would be a Windrunner based on her personality. 

I think case could be made for Vin being a Lightweaver with her two personalities, but I like her better as a Dustbringer 

I could see Steris as a Truthwatcher or Elsecaller and Wax Feels like more of a Skyreaker to me.

Kelsier is a tough one. I want to say Bondsmith too as he brought the Ska together and the whole Survive thing he has. 

I think Adolin will end up an Edgedancer after things we learned in Oathbringer

we don't know enough about Stonewards, Willshapers ect to properly pair people with them in my opinion. 

Going by their Divine attributes.

Scadrial

Vin - Stoneward (Dependable, Resourceful) self sacrifice is also a theme of the Stonewards. From OB Epigraphs.

"As a Stoneward, I spent my entire life looking to sacrifice myself. I secretly worry that is the cowardly way. The easy way out."

Elend - Windrunner (Protecting, Leading) The last Emperor who just wants to save the world.

Dox - Stoneward (Dependable, Resourceful) The guy who finds the money to make it all work.

Breeze - Edgedancer (Loving, Healing) His secret big heart, and his constantly trying to make people feel better.

Ham - Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) He's a follower, but a fighter.

Clubs - Lightweaver (Creative, Honest) Master craftsman who tells it like it is. Also, his job is to hide everyone.

Kelsier - Predeath, probably Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) He built the crew and set out to accomplish his goal at any cost. After death, Bondsmith (Pious, Guiding) It's not a perfect fit, but he is a significant religious figure for several groups of people.

Sazed - Elsecaller (Wise, Careful) could also be Truthwatcher (Learned, Giving) both fit IMO.

Harmony - Bondsmith (Pious, Guiding) God, capital "G"

Marsh - Doesn't fit. He's like a combo. Dustshaper (Brave, Resolute)

Wax - Skybreaker (Just, Confident) Cocky lawman, but just the right amount of cocky.

Wayne - Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) Loveable sidekick.

Steris - Tough call. Maybe Elsecaller (Wise, Careful) because she's a planner, or Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) because of how determined she is to make a relationship with Wax.

Marasi - Not sure. I'll just throw Truthwatcher (Learned, Giving) at her. She's always going on about statistics, and she gives Wax the Bands. Eh.. it's weak.

Sel

Shai - Doesn't fit IMO, but Lightweaver is close (Creative, Honest) she's a thief, so honesty isn't quite right. She's more of a combo. Lightshaper (Creative, Builder).

Sarene - Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) She doesn't give up on Arelon and she rebuilds Raoden's revolution while he's "dead".

Raoden - Literally every order. His character might be a little to perfect.

Hrathen - Bondsmith (Pious, Guiding) Literally a missionary.

Nalthis

Vivenna - Can't place her. I guess Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) she was always the obedient daughter, and she was brave enough to go to Halendren to try and help Siri.

Vasher - He could be a few, but I'm going with Truthwatcher (Learned, Giving) He's very Cosmere aware, and awakening is the art of giving. He also gives Nightblood to a lot of people, even if he does take it back from their corpses :P

Siri - Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) she's determined, and she builds a place for herself in the court of gods. It's weak but *shrug*.

Lightsong - Edgedancer (Loving, Healing) Died saving his niece. Died again to heal the God King.

Susebron - Elsecaller (Wise, Careful) Just feels right.

Threnody

Silence - Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) Determination again. I guess there's the whole inn situation for the builder part.

17 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Shai - Doesn't fit IMO, but Lightweaver is close (Creative, Honest) she's a thief, so honesty isn't quite right.

She’s as honest as Shallan.  Like Shallan she’s just creative about the truth.  I think of her as being similar to how Shallan will be further along in her development.

I actually think Hrathen would be a Skybreaker, except change law to religion. He’s very devoted to it and comes to a point where he’s not even truly believing what he’s teaching. He acts as if it’s law and never questions.

I know law and religion are pretty different in most cases, but I’m talking about how he acts regarding  his religion.

I know most everyone will disagree with this, but I think Kelsier (pre-death) would best fit in with the Dustbringers.  He REALLY liked to see what was inside nobles.  By the end of Secret History I’d say he’s more like a Bondsmith.  Interestingly I think Dalinar before the rift would have been a Dustbringer.

I saw someone do TWOT characters in the necro'd Radiant thread and it made me want to do it.

Basing this off of divine attributes again.

Spoilered because this is a Cosmere thread.

Spoiler

Nynaeve - Edgedancer (Loving, Healing) cares about everyone. Healed pretty much everything.

Egwene - Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) Determination defines here character from book one. She built a coalition of all female channelers.

Elayne - Backbiter (Annoying, Snotty) grrr fite me. Skybreaker (Just, Confident) Treats her opponents fairly when she wins the succession. Fairly full of herself.

Birgitte - Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) I think most Warders fall under these attributes.

Avienda - Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) Feels right.

Min - Truthwatcher (Learned, Giving) She becomes a bit of a scholar by the end. She gives people little glimpses of their future.

Moiraine - Bondsmith (Pious, Guiding) A true believer, and master manipulator.

Rand - Windrunner (Protecting, Leading) Leader and protector of the world (Universe?). One of his struggles was very similar to Kaladin's, learning to let other people be heroes.

Perrin - Willshaper (Resolute, Builder) His will saves the world in the end. He forged a huge coalition of nations and he rediscovered how to make power forged weapons.

Mat - Stoneward (Dependable, Resourceful)  As much as the women like to ridicule him, he's always there when you need him. Resourceful speaks for it's self.

Loyal - Elsecaller (Wise, Careful) Doesn't need explaining.

Thom - I feel like he fits Elsecaller (Wise, Careful) and Stoneward (Dependable, Resourceful) Can't decide which is better.

Lan - Same problem I had with Marsh, none of them fit well enough, so he can be my imaginary Dustshaper (Resolute, Brave)

12 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I'd like to see Spook as an Edgedancer. He's had such a great arc and he cares about a LOT of people.

I can't believe I forgot The Lord Mistborn.

Lefting I'm Born - I have to go with Dustbringer (Brave, Obedient) Survivor of the Flames says everything for brave. He spends most of the first two books getting bossed around and doesn't seem to mind that much for obedient. Post the end of the world I lean more towards Bondsmith (Pious, Guiding) He's always had faith in Kelsier, and he is the leader of the new world. Leading isn't guiding, but they're fairly similar. Leaving his book behind for future generations could be guiding as well I guess.

18 hours ago, Brightness Jencee said:

After reading Rock's chapter again, I'm starting to think he might end up being a Lightweaver rather than a Windrunner. He is a culinary artist and he seems to have the same effect on other people that Shallan and Tien have/had. Bridge Four will become a mixed-order unit.

Interesting points, but he’s currently a Windrunner squire.  I considered the possibility that he could actually be squired to shallan and none of us know it, but we see him fly at the battle of Thaylenah.

2 minutes ago, Chromium Compounder said:

Interesting points, but he’s currently a Windrunner squire.  I considered the possibility that he could actually be squired to shallan and none of us know it, but we see him fly at the battle of Thaylenah.

Crackpot theory: Maybe he will become both a Lightweaver and a Windrunner. Brandon has said that double Radiance is possible, and the oaths of Lightweavers would likely not interfere with those of Windrunners. It might be a bit difficult to get a Cryptic and Honorspren to work together, though.

17 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Crackpot theory: Maybe he will become both a Lightweaver and a Windrunner. Brandon has said that double Radiance is possible, and the oaths of Lightweavers would likely not interfere with those of Windrunners. It might be a bit difficult to get a Cryptic and Honorspren to work together, though.

While the oaths might not conflict, Lightweavers have to lie a lot, and that would offend Honorspren.

6 minutes ago, Kramerfarve said:

Not necessarily, so long as they and Rock agree that some lies are necessary to protect others, or a variation similar.

Imagine Rock with two gods on his shoulders- he’d try and bow to both shoulders at once!

8 hours ago, Chromium Compounder said:

This is exactly why I had never considered it before, but I thought I heard a WOB somewhere that said a squire of one order could actually bond a spren of a different order and switch. I'll have to look it up.

Found it.

Storm Cellar

Do squires always bond the spren of their Knight's order? Or can they attract a different type of spren?

Also, was it normal for someone to serve their whole life as a squire?

Brandon Sanderson

They can attract a different spren. 

It was indeed normal, depending on the order and the person.  

Miscellaneous 2018 (Oct. 14, 2018)
3 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Imagine Rock with two gods on his shoulders- he’d try and bow to both shoulders at once!

I so want to see this!!!!

Edited by Brightness Jencee
Added WOB