Could the Sibling be a Cognitive Shadow of Ambition?

Jellomancer

Question

So I am nearing the end of a reread of Oathbringer, and an odd thought occurred to me (which might be totally incorrect lol). It seems generally speculated that the three Bondsmiths would bond The Stormfather (Honor's Cognitive Shadow), possibly The Nightwatcher (who may be connected to Cultivation in a similar way even though she still lives), and The Sibling. This suggests that, perhaps, the Sibling would also have needed to be connected to a Shard, and it seems unlikely that this was Odium.

Is it entirely outside the realm of possibility that this was Ambition?

We know Ambition was mortally wounded by Odium above Threnody, but that she fled. I couldn't find a confirmation where, but it seems like Odium went to Roshar next. Is it possible Ambition made it to Roshar, splintered there, but that The Sibling remained, similar to how The Stormfather remained after Tanavast was splintered? 

I wouldn't be surprised if there are problems with this theory, but I was just wondering if it had been considered. The Sibling is an odd piece in the Roshar puzzle (as is the Nightwatcher, if she had anything to do with The Bondsmiths).

Edited by Jellomancer

6 answers to this question

Brandon's confirmed that only three Shards are important on Roshar:

Chaos (paraphrased)

How many Shards have existed on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Three.

Ancient 17S Q&A (May 1, 2010)

The Sibling is pretty weird, in that it doesn't make sense for it to be connected to Odium, but the other two spren are tied so closely to Honor and Cultivation.  I lean toward the mix of Honor/Cultivation theory, but some people have pretty cool ideas about the Sibling being a former Unmade.  

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

Personally I think it's less "former Unmade" and more "last of what the Unmade were Unmade from" 

Agreed.  Odium does not make stuff himself.  His MO is more corrupt others.