Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
That_One_Fangirl

There are Sixteen Shards right?

Question

Ok, according to my research there are sixteen shards, but there are only ten known shards, correct? (Not including the 17th shard theory)

Edited by That_One_Fangirl

11 answers to this question

Yes, that's exactly how it is! Additionally, Brandon has confirmed that there's no actual 17th Shard.

1 hour ago, That_One_Fangirl said:

Ok, according to my research there are sixteen shards, but there are only ten known shards, correct? (Not including the 17th shard theory)

Yes, you got it!  You can find out more on the Coppermind (the Sanderson Wiki): https://coppermind.net/wiki/Shard.  Beware spoilers though.  

And welcome to the Shard!

Yes there are only 16 shards. As fan sites gain more notoriety there will be many theories that will be made that don't have much information backing them. The 17th shard is a group that follow Frost. Frost is a dragon not a god.

Yep, 16 shards!

On 5/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Vanillaice said:

The 17th shard is a group that follow Frost. Frost is a dragon not a god.

Where did you get this? They definitly don't follow frost, it is implied that he is someway involved in 17th shard but just because they both have non-intervention policies.

He is associated with the Seventeenth Shard,[24] a group that shares his nonintervention policy.

-coppermind

2 hours ago, Lightblood said:

Where did you get this? They definitly don't follow frost, it is implied that he is someway involved in 17th shard but just because they both have non-intervention policies.

-coppermind

Well i figured since Frost can "call them off" It implies that he controls a large part of the group. If he isn't the leader than he has leverage

I also assume 17th shard is a bit of a joke or at least a metaphor.  The 8th wonder or the black swan.

The "17th shard" is us! WE ARE A SHARD! Our knowledge together, our power together, makes us a shard. We are the 17th shard. But other than that, yeah 16 in the Cosmere.

Well, technically there were 16 Shards. I think, as far as we know there's 12 in the moment (thanks to Rayse and Sazed).

38 minutes ago, bxcnch said:

Well, technically there were 16 Shards. I think, as far as we know there's 12 in the moment (thanks to Rayse and Sazed).

The Shards, aka their power, still exists, even if the Shard is merged or Splintered.