Hello!

pxchris

Just wanted to do a quick introduction.

I've browsed through the forum quite a number of times as a guest and finally decided today that I should actually create an account and maybe join in a bit.

I've been a huge Sanderson fan for quite a few years now. As I'm sure is the story for a number of people, I first got introduced to him through the Wheel of Time. I started reading the Wheel of Time in the early 2000s after I met my wife who introduced me to the series (she had started reading them a few years earlier in high school). After RJ's death and the announcement of this Sanderson guy finishing out the series, I figured I ought to get to know this author a bit.

My first jump into the Cosmere was with Mistborn. And I was immediately hooked. I devoured the trilogy quickly. Once The Way of Kings came out, I was even more hooked and Brandon quickly became my favorite active/alive author. Since then I've eagerly read the majority of his books and am still working my way through some of the bibliography.

I first met Brandon with Harriet on the Memory of Light tour in Portland, Oregon which was such an awesome experience. I've since had the opportunity two further times on tours for Words of Radiance and Oathbringer.

Sanderson love has become a whole family affair for us. Both my wife and son would count him as one of their absolute favorite authors.

My 10 second bio - almost 40, living in a very small town about an hour south of Portland, Oregon. I am a mechanical designer by trade. Glad to be here!

Edited by pxchris

Portland, Arkansas, Connecticut, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, or one outside of the U.S.?

Yes I did look up "every settlement named Portland."

Welcome.

6 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Don’t accept any cookies, they are all hemalurgically spiked and will steal your soul.

Hey, now that’s not true; not the TUBA certified ones! pxchris, this cookie right here is strait from the TUBA kitchens, and is completely hemalurgic free (plus, it tastes delicious ;)).

Anyway, welcome! Who’s your favorite Sanderson character?

On 04/11/2019 at 4:45 PM, Taradiddle said:

Portland, Arkansas, Connecticut, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, or one outside of the U.S.?

Yes I did look up "every settlement named Portland."

Welcome.

When someone says Portland, most of the time they're referring to Portland, Oregon.