1 hour ago, Levitaph said:

Lumgol still seems suspicious to me. I don't like the speed of her first post, and It's contents could be intended to obfuscate the discussion. However, you all seem to have decided that she isn't very suspicious. Why is that? What's made you stop chasing this point?

It is the night time, votes won't work until the day. Only 6 minutes until the cycle is over. 

Day 3- Crispy Spren
Poor Ji had already been burnt the previous day. And now, yet another victim had been burnt. 
A crowd of spren huddled around the burnt Snip, who was groaning in pain. There weren't many things that could really injure a spren; but a big enough fire, or division could do the trick. But it was a horrible thing to do. Maybe it had made sense to burn the Honorspren who had been lying, but that had missed and hit a different spren, Ji. And now someone had gone out of their way to burn Snip, for no apparent reason. 
As everyone was watching Snip, and not paying much attention to behind them, no one noticed as Alabaster the Cultivationspren was grabbed and taken away. Maybe they wanted to take away one of the few individuals who could have helped; but alas, Alabaster had not wanted a bond with a human. He spent most of his time running a shop that sold plants from the physical realm, his area of expertise. And when someone in the crowd finally thought to grab a cultivationspren to help out Snip or Ji, Alabaster was already gone. 
A search would turn nothing up, and the plants were already starting to look wilted without the careful attention of their owner. Alabaster, along with his many potted plants, were simply another casualty of the onslaught of Sja-Anat and her minions. 
Most spren had taken to hiding in their homes now. Being outside was simply too dangerous. And so, Snip and Ji ended up next to each other on beds in a make-shift hospital, as attending spren desperately hoped for someone to heal them. 
_____
Randuir was killed! They were a Cultivationspren. 
Snipexe was burned! Dr. Dapper is still burnt! 
PMs are still closed! Do not use them unless they reopen. 
The turn will end somewhere around 9:00 PM MDT, 4/25/19. This is subject to change, I will likely extend this day an extra 24 hours or so to get it to a rollover time that better suits my new schedule back at home. I will make an announcement when I make a decision as to exactly when I'll do rollover. Here are the rules.

Spoiler

1. Furamirionind
2. Lumgol (Hjalar the Lightspren)
3. Elandera Lightweaver Cryptic
4. Randuir (Alabaster the Inkspren) Cultivationspren
5. Xinoehp
6. Rathmaskal
7. Snipexe
8. Ark1002 (Nightshade)
9. Devotary of Spontaneity (Meladian the Lightspren)
10. Levitaph 
11. Shqueeves
12. Fifth Scholar (Rysca) Windrunner Honorspren
13. Coop772 Lightspren
14. TheMightyLopen (Lymelis)
15. Cadmium Compounder
16. Dr. Dapper (Ji)
17. Sart (Sartras)

Edited by Steeldancer

So... A second person with the power of Division. That is either an Ashspren or Highspren.  Snipexe claimed Cryptic IIRC, so I have a suspicion that the person who burnt Snipexe was an elim.

Rand's death is unfortunate, but unsurprising.

Edit: Also no one healing Dapper... Though there are a lot of reasons that could be.  Perhaps no Truth/Cultivationspren are bonded, perhaps they are OK with Dapper being burnt, or perhaps they just want to watch people suffer. 

With PMs closed though, I don't think this means a ton. If PMs were open, I would be a lot more speculative...

Edited by Furamirionind

19 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

So... A second person with the power of Division. That is either an Ashspren or Highspren.  Snipexe claimed Cryptic IIRC, so I have a suspicion that the person who burnt Snipexe was an elim.

I'd like to counter that point. PM's were a large factor in leading to lynching Fifth, who turned out to be village, so I don't think that elims would want PM's to be closed.

So, Dapper was burned. As was snipexe. 

There's two possible reasons for this, as I see it.

One: Elim killing villagers

Two: Villagers killing their suspects.

So I don't think this eliminates suspicion from either Snipexe or Dapper.

That's all I have a read on for now. Try to make my choices in the morning

6 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

I'd like to counter that point. PM's were a large factor in leading to lynching Fifth, who turned out to be village, so I don't think that elims would want PM's to be closed.

While that is true, I think that this was a fringe case.  That is one big example where the village made a mistake.  However, I think you will also find that we, all in all, also gained a lot of information on other players.  There were some players that people cleared due to PM conversations as well.  Generally speaking, PMs will I believe hurt the elims as it is a method for villagers (on accident or not) to come in contact with other villagers without the elims hearing what is going on.

4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

So, Dapper was burned. As was snipexe. 

There's two possible reasons for this, as I see it.

One: Elim killing villagers

Two: Villagers killing their suspects.

So I don't think this eliminates suspicion from either Snipexe or Dapper.

That's all I have a read on for now. Try to make my choices in the morning

While I agree that what you say is true, I also think that as Snipexe claimed Cryptic, unless someone was positive that was a lie, a villager should have let him reopen PMs.  It is also possible that Snipexe is an elim, and another elim burnt Snip so that he would never actually have to open PMs, or to hide that Snip was in fact not a cryptic.  But this sounds a bit conveluded to me, as there was no real reason for snip to reveal he was a cryptic other than to prevent Rand (I think it was) from using his PM enabling item.  If Snip was an elim, there would be no reason to go through all this work and inconvenience if they were just going to kill Rand.

Conclusion: I am thinking Snip is a villager due to a combination of roleclaiming, what he roleclaimed, and then getting burnt.

I also think whoever burnt Snip is an elim without any further information. If PMs ever reopen, I would invite whoever did this to contact me in a PM to discuss.

While I feel it was unwise for Snipexe to claim Cryptic, especially during a night turn a full cycle before he would theoretically be able to reopen PMs, I don't feel like that was justification for a villager to attack him. If Snipexe wasn't a Cryptic, or didn't at least know a Cryptic, his claim would have easily been proven false and opened him up to Division attacks starting N3.

I think Fura was the only one who expressed any particular suspicion of Snipexe, and even that was fairly mild. Somewhat worryingly, Snipexe expressed that he would need to refill on Stormlight D2. If he went for the full cycle-full recharge option, he may need a bonded Truthspren or second Cultivationspren to prevent him from dying. I'm not sure whether that's the case for Dr. Dapper.

As he's a publicly outed Highspren, I'll courteously ask CadCom if he was the one to burn Snipexe. I won't ask any other spren capable of Division to claim at this time, but I do want them to think about what they may possibly have done.

Edit: The surge of Transportation, usable by Inkspren and Lightspren, can be used to redirect a players action. If someone other than Snipexe was targeted by Division, that might be useful information to share.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Added thought.

At the moment, I would like to hear more from Ark, Shqueeves, and Xino. I feel like these 3 players haven't really shared their opinions on things very much. I believe Shqueeves has explained himself to some degree, but I'd really like to get this Day going a lot faster than the last one, so we have more time to get everyone involved in a serious lynch.

Ark, as I stated during the Night, you are my top suspect. I'm not convinced you're evil, and I'm hesitant to lynch you because I'm not familiar with you so it could just be a clash of playstyles to some extent, but you're my best guess right now. I think something that would help would be a deeper analysis of other players. Even if you just quote one of Fura's or Devotary's or whoevers longer posts and post your feelings about their reads on players or their ideas about what's going on, I think it would go a long way for us to get a better idea of your thought processes and point of view. So far, to me, it feels like you're holding back on taking any strong stances on anything.

Sigh. I’m not in danger of dying, I’m just roleblocked for a turn. Oh and I have to use my stormlight to heal if no one else heals me. Thanks whoever did this!

Turns till Homunculus Awakening:

3 Full Cycles (Roleblocked this turn, Opening pms next turn, Filling up on stormlight next 2 turns, picking up essences, and combining them.)

Edited by Snipexe
Forgot end parentheses

Hey everyone, I'll try to get to continue my day-by-day analysis I started yesterday, but in the meantime, I did create an item with my last action.  Due to its nature, I don't wish to share the recipe since I think it would be far more useful to the elim team.  The item I created is 'Pungent Fumes' which can disguise my identity for two turns.

2 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Sigh. I’m not in danger of dying, I’m just roleblocked for a turn. Oh and I have to use my stormlight to heal if no one else heals me. Thanks whoever did this

You are assuming you aren't burnt next cycle as well...

Actually thinking about it, burning you instead of outright killing you is an interesting choice assuming my assumption that this was an elim is correct... I will have to think a bit more on that.

15 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

The item I created is 'Pungent Fumes' which can disguise my identity for two turns.

Do you know in what manner it disguises someone's identity? I am just a bit confused as to how that mechanic would work.  Hopefully the name isn't a direct correlation to the essences to make it...

EDIT: I always read Ark as an elim… But it is worth noting that he did post his thoughts on this game.  In past games, I only recall him doing this late into the game, so that may be worth noting.

I will try to cast a vote during my lunch break today, when I have a bit more time for analysis.

Edited by Furamirionind

27 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Actually thinking about it, burning you instead of outright killing you is an interesting choice assuming my assumption that this was an elim is correct... I will have to think a bit more on that.

I doubt they have enough fire to keep up the burning.

I didn not do the burn. Unfortunately, all I did was refill stormlight. Though now that I think about it, I'm not sure why, because I dont plan on using my stormlight any time soon, as I don't want to burn anyone so far. 

8 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

And where are they getting the essences. And if they’re going to go through so much effort why not just kill me?

Why not just kill out tonight then? That is still what I am trying to work out.

Perhaps they didn't have 3 stormlight, and still wanted to roleblock you to make sure you didn't enable PMs.  I feel like this is important, and could help us figure out an elim identity, but I just don't know enough about what actions different players took to make an informed conclusion right now.\

EDIT:

Essences are optional. Perhaps they don't think they are worthwhile?

Edited by Furamirionind

50 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Do you know in what manner it disguises someone's identity? I am just a bit confused as to how that mechanic would work.  Hopefully the name isn't a direct correlation to the essences to make it...

I'm guessing it's similar to the disguising abilities of Illumination, which alters scan results to appear as a different type of spren.

Essences aren't necessary for those with Division; it only costs one stormlight to burn someone and two stormlight can be gained with an action. Permanently roleblocking Snpexe instead of killing him seems wasteful, but a single roleblock is quite cheap.

Also: The elim kill does not count as an action, so if it was indeed the elims who burned Snipexe, they might have had 2 people they wanted to kill but couldn't do that, so they could have just roleblocked Snipexe in addition. This makes sense, given that Randuir had the PM creating item and Snipexe claimed Cryptic, so it fits the narrative of elims wanting to prevent PM's from happening.