FAVORITE COSMERE QUOTES/ RECKONERS/ BRANDON BOOKS

"Honor is dead. But I'll see what I can do..." -Kaladin Stormblessed, Words of Radiance, Sanderson

"Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself," -Dalinar Kholin, Words of Radiance (if I remember correctly), -Sanderson

Also, I appreciate things such as: "I am a stick." "Mmmm lies." "No mating!" and naturally all of David's analogies/metaphors. 

Just now, That_One_Fangirl said:

*takes deeper breath*

I am sorry I am new here and a blind, idiot introvert who doesn't like outside please forgive some accident misinformation!

It’s ok! Sorry if that was a bit harsh. I still make mistakes like that all the time :P

4 minutes ago, That_One_Fangirl said:

B)It's cool, I feel we all may at some point. So what's your favorite quote?

Hmm... “I am a stick” has already been claimed, so I gonna have to go with:

“Greet each day with a smile, so it doesn’t know what you’re planning on doing to it.”

- Wayne

Also, the whole “Reckoners isn’t Cosmere” thing is a bit of a running joke on this forum, as quite a few people mix it up. Apologies again if I was too harsh.

Edited by Lunamor

• That_One_Fangirl changed the title to FAVORITE COSMERE QUOTES/ RECKONERS/ BRANDON BOOKS

"A man will find a single coin in the mud and talk about it for days, but when his inheritance comes and is accounted one percent less than he expected, then he will declare himself cheated." - Hoid

"The longer you live, the more you fail. Failure is the mark of a life well lived. In turn, the only way to live without failure is to be of no use to anyone. Trust me, I've practiced." - also Hoid (actually my favorite quote in all of literature)

I have so many favorites. But here are a couple,

“It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time...The losses are what define a man's faith.”

“Mocking a woman is like drinking too much wine. It may be fun for a short time, but the hangover is hell.” 

“Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.”

“A journey will have pain and failure. It is not only the steps forward that we must accept. It is the stumbles. The trials. The knowledge that we will fail. That we will hurt those around us. 
But if we stop, if we accept the person we are when we fail, the journey ends. That failure becomes our destination.”

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing.”

EDIT: I also love this one, 

“Two blind men waited at the end of an era, contemplating beauty.”

It's simple but something about it just hits me.

Edited by TheVillageIdiot

"Life Before Death, Strength Before Weakness, Journey Before Destination" This quote (and Teft's explanation for its meaning) has make me think about my actions so many times. 

"It lets me add two and two and get a pickle"  - Wayne

“Actually, [Wax] said, we came here because we needed someplace safe to think for a few hours."
Ranette: "Your mansion isn't safe?"
Wax: "My butler failed to poison me, then tried to shoot me, then set off an explosive in my study"
Ranette: "Huh.... You need to screen these people better, Wax.” 

"Do you think I will ever meet with you when you are feeling well?" ... "Do you really think you will ever be able to negotiate with me from a position of power?" - Odium OB

"Why is there so much war? Must we always fight" ... "ODIUM REIGNS" Kaladin & Stomfather tWoK

"A dozen candles burned themselves to death on the shelf before me. Each of my breaths made them tremble. To them, I was a behemoth, to frighten and destroy. And yet, if I strayed too close, they could destroy me. My invisible breath, the pulses of life that flowed in and out, could end them freely, while my fingers could not do the same without being repaid with pain. ... Those candle flames were like the lives of men. So fragile. So deadly. Left alone, they lit and warmed. Let run rampant, they would destroy the very things they were meant to illuminate." - Nohadon The Way of Kings 

"'I only see one woman here,' Wit said. 'And it's the one who is standing up.'" That whole conversation with Wit is one of my favorite parts in OB.

"The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one." (Dalinar, OB)

"If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man." (Dalinar, OB)

I had Oathbringer on hand, so that was the only one I could directly quote, but I also like some of the parts from Mistborn, like Marasi explaining why she wants to be a police officer- the dim places in a world of light. Also, Wayne is a constant stream of awesome quotes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic