What characters would you love to see meet?

There are tons of awesome characters in the cosmere who are divided by space, time, and possibly death, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be awesome to read a conversation between them.  And as we know none of those definitely mean that we won’t get to see them meet.

For example, I would love to see Shai meet Shallan.  I picture them getting along really well and talking about Realmatic Theory.  I’d also love to see Wayne and Lightsong together.  They’d make fun of people and Wayne would steal something worthless, like one of Lightsong’s shirts, trading it for an aluminum bullet.  Kaladin and Wax would be good as well, but far more solemn as they talk about how hard they try to help people.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, Chromium Compounder said:

There are tons of awesome characters in the cosmere who are divided by space, time, and possibly death, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be awesome to read a conversation between them.  And as we know none of those definitely mean that we won’t get to see them meet.

For example, I would love to see Shai meet Shallan.  I picture them getting along really well and talking about Realmatic Theory.  I’d also love to see Wayne and Lightsong together.  They’d make fun of people and Wayne would steal something worthless, like one of Lightsong’s shirts, trading it for an aluminum bullet.  Kaladin and Wax would be good as well, but far more solemn as they talk about how hard they try to help people.

I was just thinking of that particular pairing this morning on the way to work. Like if the Beggar met Veil in a city alleyway and got into some kind of conflict, so they go around the corner and come back as Shaizan and Radiant who'd be more prepared for a head-on physical confrontation. They are each puzzled to see the other but proceed to have in a tense face-off, testing each other out in a non-lethal fist fight (no Shards, but holding Stormlight) before both withdrawing in some confusion. And then much later, "Shai" meets "Shallan" in a formal introduction "for the first time".

4 hours ago, robardin said:

I was just thinking of that particular pairing this morning on the way to work. Like if the Beggar met Veil in a city alleyway and got into some kind of conflict, so they go around the corner and come back as Shaizan and Radiant who'd be more prepared for a head-on physical confrontation. They are each puzzled to see the other but proceed to have in a tense face-off, testing each other out in a non-lethal fist fight (no Shards, but holding Stormlight) before both withdrawing in some confusion. And then much later, "Shai" meets "Shallan" in a formal introduction "for the first time".

I love it.  Especially if they kept meeting each other and not realizing it.  

A bit of the box but I'd like to see Sarene meet Kelsier. They both had the same ideals, freeing the slaves/peasants from oppression. Although in the end their routes were different, I think that'd make for interesting political conversation.

22 hours ago, Jellomancer said:

Venli and Rlain. It just occurred to me that they both think they are the last Listener alive.

Others that would be interesting are Lift and... well, anyone, but a few that come to mind are Vin, Kelsier, or Wayne.

Just imagine a Lift / Wayne / Lightsong party... chaos.