Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
That_One_Fangirl

What are your favorite villains?

10 posts in this topic

Personally, mine are Sadeas, the Lord Ruler, and the Gyorn. 

On Sadeas: I haven't met a slimier villain yet!

Lord Ruler: I like his humanity (in its own twisted way).

Gyorn: I like the missionary sort of take, I have yet to read another villain with this sort of forboding religious context. 

MARSH. I know, I know, he's just a puppet. He's still my favorite.

Nightblood. Don't even try to pretend that he isn't.

Taravangian. Is a tree.

I'll always have a fondness for Ruin. It was just mind-beding seeing that power in action back when I didn't have a clue about the Cosmere and stuff. How could I have expected them to go from fighting a fake god to fighting a "real" one that makes volcanos erupt because he likes it? It blew my mind.

As a character, Paalm might be my favorite villain yet because of how relatable she is. I'm not the biggest fan of SoS, but that ending. That ending.

As a whole though, Brandon is one of the few writers to write more compelling protagonists than antagonists, in my book.

Odium 

He’s so evil, and totally doesn’t think he is.  I feel like he’s a very impressive version of the devil.  He deceives everyone, including his own people, and sees nothing wrong with that.

I liked Hrathen and Dilaf both, for different reasons. Paalm was nice, as was Ati's Ruin. Trell has the potential to be very neat in Era 3. The Ones Above might just take the cake on my favorite, though, solely because they're really cool.

Sanderson villans only?

Since it's the Cosmere Discussion, I understood it as Cosmere villains only.

Sadeas definitely had a certain je ne sais quoi about him. Amaram was a solid villain too but could've gotten more build up in OB, without which it frankly felt a bit convenient.

But honestly if I had to pick one it would have to be Bluefingers. IMHO,warbreaker is by far one of the best books I've ever read, and i love how many times it subverts my expectations until I finally realised that Bluefingers was behind it all, along with his pahn kahl friends!!

Posted (edited)

To answer the questions above, yes preferably cosmereish villains. But I am not anti-other fandoms so if you have others go ahead!

Edited by That_One_Fangirl

Moash. He really thinks he's doing the right thing, and that all men are irredeemable and unable to become better. He's the anti-Kaladin.