Darkeyes Vs. Lighteyes

Lunamor

Darkeyed or Lighteyed?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you darkeyed or lighteyed?

• Darkeyed
    • Lighteyed

You know. I actually find this question a little tricky. My eyes are a greyish with a hint of blue. But they are a more medium shade than “light.” I’d probably say that would make me a light eyes but I have a feeling that on Roshar the differences are a lot more obvious and easy to tell.  

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

I put darkeyed... But I don't think our natural eyes actually fit either category as far as Roshar is concerned 

Yeah. We all have Wit eyes. I figured people could just put why they are closest to.

I'm honestly not sure. If I'm indoors my eyes look brown, but if I'm in the sunlight or next to a light source they're deep green. I'm probably darkeyed though, just as they never get super bright, especially compared to my mother, who has pale green eyes and definitely would fall into the lighteye category. As would my sister, though hers are pale blue.

I put darkeyed but if I'm in light then my eyes aren't all that dark. They stay brown but I've heard them described as almost amber and in a certain light they've looked orange, I guess I'm on the lighter side of darkeye society (having lighteyed family members probably helps with that). I'm definitely not the "needs light to show the colour" kind of dark like on Roshar.

9 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

How light do blue eyes need to be?

I asked myself the same question (only thinking of the shade of green instead of blue). As @Calderis already said above, it might be difficult to fit our eyes in Roshar's categorization. I selected lighteyes for myself, though my eyes are not very light green. Just green with some amber strokes near the pupils and a darker greenish blue circle around the irises (I have never analysed my eye color like that before :lol:). But my eyes color can be identified easily even in shady lights. Hope that's enough.

After reading SA I always wished for dark green or dark blue eyes that only sparkle in their color when hit by a stream of light. But are dark blue eyes really possible in humans? 

• Chaos locked this topic