Cosmere mysteries, places, events, persons that you are obsessed with?

Elegy

What did Ambition plan before she was shattered? She had plenty of time, was known to be dangerous, and had the opportunity to see Devotion and Dominion splintered. 

Ambition is associated with undeath shades, so I am pretty sure she had some undeath planned for herself. 

Edited by teknopathetic

3 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

The Ghostbloods in general and Mraize in particular. 

The Heralds in general, Chana in particular.

Chana drives me nuts as well. Seriously, is Liss Chana or is she not? And what happened to Liss in regards to Aesudan if she was Chana? So many QUESTIONS.

other obsessions include Talns past, which I’m obsessed with. And how the Spiritual Realm works. And trying to figure out how Taldains FTL tech is going to work, as it’s the planet I’m most stumped on. 

20 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Can someone Nahel bond multiple spren? If so, given that someone could bond with Kelsier, I really want Hoid to bond Kelsier, just as the biggest cosmic joke on each of them. 

That would be an eternity of torture for both of them, heheh. Kelsier is not a Shadow anymore though. That said:

tganchero (paraphrased)

Is it true that humans can bond to multiple spren?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

They can theoretically bond to multiple spren.

Words of Radiance Lexington signing (March 18, 2014)

The one main mystery I have is how this is all gonna tie in. Are we getting Cosmere Avengers? Who's the big bad? What's the endgame? (pun intended) 

I imagine we will slowly get these answers trickled through but i'm impatient!

52 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

The one main mystery I have is how this is all gonna tie in. Are we getting Cosmere Avengers? Who's the big bad? What's the endgame? (pun intended) 

I imagine we will slowly get these answers trickled through but i'm impatient!

Questioner

Can we expect a Cosmere Avengers?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes and no. You can expect crossovers between the planets. My goal is not an Avengers-style, one character that you... like, if it were a true Cosmere Avengers it would be like, "Oh, we're going to have this character from this series, this character from this series," that's not what I'm going for. I'm going for more of a clash between the cultures and worlds. There will definitely be characters that you know that end up involved in that. But it's not, I'm not shooting for an Avengers-style thing, I'm shooting for more... It's more like imagine Star Trek, and retrograde back to all of the stories you're telling on the separate planets before they meet each other. Less Avengers, more "We're going to have an intergalactic... thing, going on." These are all of the origins of the cultures and peoples that are going to be involved in that. And since there are some immortals around, you will see people.

Barnes & Noble B-Fest 2016 (June 11, 2016)

I want to know out all of the exact Allomantic and Feruchemical physics. Of everything. Along with some decent units of measurement! Seriously- we need units. For metalminds, and push/pull strength, so on.

Edited by Mushroom Catalog

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Questioner

Brandon Sanderson

Yes and no. You can expect crossovers between the planets. My goal is not an Avengers-style, one character that you... like, if it were a true Cosmere Avengers it would be like, "Oh, we're going to have this character from this series, this character from this series," that's not what I'm going for. I'm going for more of a clash between the cultures and worlds. There will definitely be characters that you know that end up involved in that. But it's not, I'm not shooting for an Avengers-style thing, I'm shooting for more... It's more like imagine Star Trek, and retrograde back to all of the stories you're telling on the separate planets before they meet each other. Less Avengers, more "We're going to have an intergalactic... thing, going on." These are all of the origins of the cultures and peoples that are going to be involved in that. And since there are some immortals around, you will see people.

Yeah I'm sure I read that WoB before. I still really wanna know what the end goal is, WHY are there these stories and what is going to happen?

23 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Questioner

Brandon Sanderson

*sighs*

I was kinda hoping for some kind of epic-avengers-build-up, but knowing Brandon, I've got a feeling it will be something cooler!

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

On 4/17/2019 at 6:35 PM, Khyrindor said:

That stupid silver chain from Oathbringer... What is??

We don't know (ignore the guy that said it's aluminum, we have zero confirmation from Brandon and he's RAFO'd the living crap out of any silver necklace questions). But my favorite theory is that it's made of dragonsteel. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Kelsier to a degree and THE LOST METAL PLEASE COME OUT SOON :blink:

I KNOW!! I hurt because I can't decide if I would rather have Starsight come out in Nov, or the Lost Metal come out in a year or so with nothing inbetween... WHY BRANDON!?!?!? 

• Chaos locked this topic