If you could interview Jasnah Kholin what question would you ask her?

Just what the title asks: If you had a chance to Q&A with Jasnah, what would you ask her? (I'm thinking post-Oathbringer questions) 

Mine are -

1. What was it like growing up with Gavilar and Navani as parents? 
  2. As Alethkar's new leader, what do you plan to do about the new Desolation?
  3. What do you think of the prohibition of men not being able to read or write? 

14 minutes ago, RShara said:

"How can I be as amazing as you are?"

"work hard, then work harder"

There's no secret to it. And since I've figured out along my life that i'm too lazy to be amazing, it's no good.

My questions spurs from that: I'd ask her if it bothers her to never be able to relax, to let others see her human side, to trust, to slack a few days without undermining your lfie's work. And how she copes with it.

1. When you soulcast, what is the range?

2. When you soulcast, can you soulcast restraints onto someone, or does their innate investiture cause a field directly around them making that difficult?

3. Since you can soulcast items directly once you understand it, can you soulcast intricate shapes? Like with the script on the page? Thinking in terms of possible circuitry creation

4. Have you had a chance to try transportation? if so how good are you at it?

5. Can you transport around in an immediate aread easily, and it is only difficult at distance? Or the reverse?

6. How does the soulcasting "disease" (soulcast one, he hits a person that soulcasts them, then hits a person and soulcasts him) and transferring momentum work?

7. Can you put a good word in for me with the other inkspren so I can hopefully bond one?

Edited by Pathfinder

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

1. When you soulcast, what is the range?

2. When you soulcast, can you soulcast restraints onto someone, or does their innate investiture cause a field directly around them making that difficult?

3. Since you can soulcast items directly once you understand it, can you soulcast intricate shapes? Like with the script on the page? Thinking in terms of possible circuitry creation

5. Can you transport around in an immediate aread easily, and it is only difficult at distance? Or the reverse?

6. How does the soulcasting "disease" (soulcast one, he hits a person that soulcasts them, then hits a person and soulcasts him) and transferring momentum work?

All of the above

7) Can I kiss you? (Not trying to being sexist or weird but her awesomeness cannot be denied and she was a childhood crush)

8) Can I have an account of your trip through shadesmar?

9) Why do you consider Dalinar the best man you have ever known?

Edited by Karger

1 hour ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

What suggestions do you have for people struggling to soulcast the common stick?

Ahem. Stick is no “common stick”. He is the best, strongest, most diligent, most persevering, most commanding, and most athletic stick ever to exist!

Edited by Lunamor

10 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ahem. Stick is no “common stick”. He is the best, strongest, most diligent, most persevering, most commanding, and most athletic stick ever to exist!

Why thank you! Also, the answer is to bribe us with Instant Noodles. Hoid discovered it first.

Just now, Sir Stick of the Sticks said:

Why thank you! Also, the answer is to bribe us with Instant Noodles. Hoid discovered it first.

It all makes sense now. It was his grand plan all along! He said that he was willing to let Roshar burn to get what he wanted because what he wanted was for Stick to turn into fire, and he was willing to light the entire planet on fire to accomplish that.

Just now, Lunamor said:

It all makes sense now. It was his grand plan all along! He said that he was willing to let Roshar burn to get what he wanted because what he wanted was for Stick to turn into fire, and he was willing to light the entire planet on fire to accomplish that.

Storms, how did you know? HOID RUN THEY FIGURED IT OUT

3 hours ago, Karger said:

All of the above

7) Can I kiss you? (Not trying to being sexist or weird but her awesomeness cannot be denied and she was a childhood crush)

Whoa Nellie! You may find out the answer to the question about the soulcasting range if you try that one. Maybe ask her to have a drink first? ^_^

I'd ask her what Hoid told her about the Cosmere. She wouldn't answer, at least not fully, but that's what I'm burning to know.

Edited by Stormfather-in-Law

1 minute ago, Stormfather-in-Law said:

Whoa Nellie! You may find out the answer to the question about the soulcasting range if you try that one.

Yes!  It would answer a pressing question and give 15 year old me's dream a chance!  Fans everywhere could finally be satisfied.

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

*slowly turns swivel chair around to face Jasnah*

*steeples fingers*

"Have you heard of Hemalurgy? I think you might find it.. interesting."

*cackles menacingly*

Oh Stormfather, what have you done? Roshar will shake when Jasnah learns about Hemalurgy.

If I turn around faster than the speed of light could I see myself facing the other direction?

Can I go blind by looking at a painting of the sun?

Why doesn't Roshar fall down?

Doesn't the fact that you say you don't believe in God means that you believe God is real!?!?!

Do you find yourself oddly intrigued by that infuriating tall Windrunner from bridge 4?  Do you find yourself unintentionally thinking about him and how mildly flustered he makes you feel?

35 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

Doesn't the fact that you say you don't believe in God means that you believe God is real!?!?!

She answers this when speaking to Shallan. She acknowledges the possibility that the Almighty is real. However that does not mean she views such a being as God with a capital G that should be worshiped, nor does it mean she believes there is any such entity to be referred to as God with a capital G. The Almighty can just as easily be attributed to being a spren (which considering how Roshar terms spren, would be applicable). She feels everything she has experienced and learned has only strengthened her convictions, not weakened them, but she apologizes to Shallan for the tangent. 

Edited by Pathfinder

20 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Isn't that how she got out of Shadesmar at the end of WoR?  Hoid complains about her "Elsecalling" into the middle of nowhere, a week's travel from civilization.

3 minutes ago, Lidolas said:

Isn't that how she got out of Shadesmar at the end of WoR?  Hoid complains about her "Elsecalling" into the middle of nowhere, a week's travel from civilization.

To me that was a partial use. Ivory was the one that pulled her into the cognitive realm. I want to know if she has learned to transport like the oathgates. I feel she should be able to, but we have not seen her do so yet. So any additional information is always appreciated lol. 

29 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

She answers this when speaking to Shallan. She acknowledges the possibility that the Almighty is real. However that does not mean she views such a being as God with a capital G that should be worshiped, nor does it mean she believes there is any such entity to be referred to as God with a capital G. The Almighty can just as easily be attributed to being a spren (which considering how Roshar terms spren, would be applicable). She feels everything she has experienced and learned has only strengthened her convictions, not weakened them, but she apologizes to Shallan for the tangent. 

It's a series of troll questions, I don't actually believe that's a useful question to ask.

As a Christian existentialist I understand quite well that people can't be "gotcha logic'd" into faith.  God, much like existence itself, defies rationality and thus we can only take a leap of faith to provide authentic meaning to our lives and this absurd world.

27 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

It's a series of troll questions, I don't actually believe that's a useful question to ask.

As a Christian existentialist I understand quite well that people can't be "gotcha logic'd" into faith.  God, much like existence itself, defies rationality and thus we can only take a leap of faith to provide authentic meaning to our lives and this absurd world.

I respect that that is your belief system. Personally I disagree, but we all get through life in our own ways. I wish you luck with it and your endeavors. 

10 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I respect that that is your belief system. Personally I disagree, but we all get through life in our own ways. I wish you luck with it and your endeavors. 

Well I should hope not!  My faith is dependent on my utterly unique set of characteristics, experiences, and existence itself.  I couldn't even clarify it in rational words, let alone expect someone to "agree" with my entirely subjective experience.  Like I said, I believe the best we as individuals can do is try to live an authentic life, and judging the authenticity vs. bad faith of another's beliefs is utterly impossible without living their entire life experience.  Jasnah herself seems to approach the world with great personal moral authenticity, both standing fast in her beliefs in some points but being willing to challenge them (with Renarin) when she views it as the moral thing to do.

10 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

Well I should hope not!  My faith is dependent on my utterly unique set of characteristics, experiences, and existence itself.  I couldn't even clarify it in rational words, let alone expect someone to "agree" with my entirely subjective experience.  Like I said, I believe the best we as individuals can do is try to live an authentic life, and judging the authenticity vs. bad faith of another's beliefs is utterly impossible without living their entire life experience.  Jasnah herself seems to approach the world with great personal moral authenticity, both standing fast in her beliefs in some points but being willing to challenge them (with Renarin) when she views it as the moral thing to do.

This is starting to sound like a digression from the original topic, but just as a side note, what occured with Renarin was not an exception to the rule. Please check out my thread "Jasnah more than meets the eye". I am still working on completing my analysis of Oathbringer. Hope to be done soon!