will there be a sequel? an is Blue dead?

TousenShadowForged

Here's what Brandon said in his most recent State of the Sanderson:

Brandon Sanderson

Updates on Secondary Projects

Elantris, Warbreaker, Rithmatist

No updates from last year, I'm afraid. There was no intention to make progress on these this year. Once Alcatraz is wrapped up, I'll turn my attention back to The Rithmatist as the last looming series that needs a wrap-up that hasn't gotten one. Elantris and Warbreaker sequels aren't to be expected until Stormlight Five and Wax and Wayne Four are done.

State of the Sanderson 2018 (Dec. 19, 2018)

It will focus on Vivenna and Vasher and likely Yesteel.  

Other resources:

Bluefinger isn't dead as of the end of warbreaker, but to be honest I don't see him as being long for this world. Even if Susebron isn't blood thirsty enough to want to specifically seek out his death, he's not likely to offer clemency to the man who tried to murder his beloved in cold blood from all the apparatuses of justice that could make good cause to have him executed. Such as treason, and heading a conspiracy that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people, and attempted to cause many more.

Hopefully we get a chance to see more of it, since Warbreaker is one of my favorite cosmere novels. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, Numuhuku said:

Bluefinger isn't dead as of the end of warbreaker, but to be honest I don't see him as being long for this world. Even if Susebron isn't blood thirsty enough to want to specifically seek out his death, he's not likely to offer clemency to the man who tried to murder his beloved in cold blood from all the apparatuses of justice that could make good cause to have him executed. Such as treason, and heading a conspiracy that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people, and attempted to cause many more.

Consider what we saw about Hallendren's code of justice in the very first pages: they were likely going to hang Vasher for simply striking a priest from the Court of Gods in a tavern brawl, where the other participants (who'd had "better sense than that") would only spend a night locked up.

For someone who spearheaded and advanced a plot like Bluefingers', there really can't be any doubt as to the sentence.

I suppose a betongued Susebron ruling over a Court of Gods depleted of its highest ranking priests would have the power to overrule things, but why would he, all things considered? Unless BF's got some kind of redemption arc in his future? (Which would be a "writerly" reason that would need some justification in-world, IMHO)

I'd be more worried about the knock-on effects of the plot on any innocent, uninvolved Pahn Kahl citizens, which has to be the majority of them, suffering from an inevitable "collective punishment" type of thing. Especially if they'd worked for the government in some capacity, albeit outside the Court of Gods.

Edited by robardin

On 4/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, robardin said:

I suppose a betongued Susebron ruling over a Court of Gods depleted of its highest ranking priests would have the power to overrule things, but why would he, all things considered? Unless BF's got some kind of redemption arc in his future? (Which would be a "writerly" reason that would need some justification in-world, IMHO)

I'd be more worried about the knock-on effects of the plot on any innocent, uninvolved Pahn Kahl citizens, which has to be the majority of them, suffering from an inevitable "collective punishment" type of thing. Especially if they'd worked for the government in some capacity, albeit outside the Court of Gods.

It'd be a *very* writerly. BF not only is deserving of being accounted for his actions, there's not a  whole lot of practical reasons to offer him much clemency. There are very few metrics of justice that would consider hanging BF for his actions out of the ordinary.

Unrelated Pahn Kahl citizenry being subjected to reprisal as you said is something that I think Susebron would be much more worried about.And it's possibly one of many plot points that could come up as far as Susebron and Ciri trying to step forward in actually running Hallaldran.