Presidential Election  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be President?

• I think I am here.
    • AonEne (current President)

On 10/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, AonEne said:

The majority changed to four with more players. 

Oh, that's what that means. I see.

I vote yes, I suppose, which means it passes. But since it wasn't in effect when my earlier motion was raised, I'll make it again.

I move that rules 1, 2, and 3 be declared as constant.

I also move that a rule of inactivity be declared: players that have not posted on the Nomic thread within a period of 72 hours will be labeled 'inactive', and will only count halfway toward the total number of players for the purposes of determining a majority.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Oh, that's what that means. I see.

I vote yes, I suppose, which means it passes. But since it wasn't in effect when my earlier motion was raised, I'll make it again.

I move that rules 1, 2, and 3 be declared as constant.

I also move that a rule of inactivity be declared: players that have not posted on the Nomic thread within a period of 72 hours will be labeled 'inactive', and will only count halfway toward the total number of players for the purposes of determining a majority.

I support all of this, as well as motioning that rules 4,5,6, constants rule should be constant 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, xinoehp512 said:

I move for an amendment upon this rule, that the period of inactivity be extended to 5 days at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High Lord Squonky, that's me, motions that:

Rule no. 7 THe first person to 1,000 points wins.

Rule no. 8 If Rule no. 7 is passed, then composing a limerick that mentions some aspect of The Longest Thread, The Shortest Thread, CBST, Alleyverse, or The Last Post Wins gives you three points.

• 7 months later...

In the future, to keep the game alive, we should divide the game into "Dynasties" [or rounds]. After a person wins, all added rules [but a scant few that are too beloved to repeal] are eliminated, and the game begins anew with the standard rules.

Dynasty the first will begin when all players respond in the affirmative to the following [official] ruleset. New rules shall be made starting at index 301. https://legacy.earlham.edu/~peters/writing/nomic.htm#initial set

• 2 weeks later...