Presidential Election  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be President?

• I think I am here.
    • AonEne (current President)

Well, I propose a different rule then. I propose that we revert to the original ruleset, as shown in the first post on this thread, namely

1. The Main Idea: Players take turns suggesting rules, or amendments to or the removal of existing rules.
  2. The Voting Clause: Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said amendments or removals are taken into effect. (Note: no rule is exempt from this rule, including this one, unless superseded by another rule.)
  3. The Winning Rule: The winning player shall be the first player that wins. When one player wins, all other players lose.

Game 2:

rules:

Spoiler
  1. The Main Idea: Players take turns suggesting rules, or amendments to or the removal of existing rules.
  2. The Voting Clause: Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said amendments or removals are taken into effect. (Note: no rule is exempt from this rule, including this one, unless superseded by another rule.)
  3. The Winning Rule: The winning player shall be the first player that wins. When one player wins, all other players lose.

Players/attributes 

Spoiler

Stick/TLP

CadCom

Truthless

proposals: 

Rule 4:  there may be a maximum of 75 rules at a time, if another rule is passed, the oldest rule is pushed out of effect.

Rule 5: any rule may be voted for as constant, a constant rule is subject to amendments, but supersedes all other rules and must be voted variable before it can be removed 

Rule 6: rules shall be known as the date they were voted in as well as a number

Edited by The Last Post

13 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Game 2:

rules:

Hide contents

Players/attributes 

Hide contents

Stick/TLP

CadCom

Truthless

proposals: 

Rule 4:  there may be a maximum of 75 rules at a time, if another rule is passed, the oldest rule is pushed out of effect.

Rule 5: any rule may be voted for as constant, a constant rule is subject to amendments, but supersedes all other rules and must be voted variable before it can be removed 

Rule 6: rules shall be known as the date they were voted in as well as a number

I’ll vote for rules 4 and 6, but not rule number 5.

Proposal: 

7. From now on, every 14 rules, I receive 20 eggs if I comment on the fact.

6 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I vote for rules 4, 5 and 6.

I then propose the ‘Rule of law making rules that rule the rules of rules’ Any rules cannot be in relation to a player specifically. For example, one could not propose a rule that states that [Player Name] wins.

Ooh, yes I like that! You have my support.

I revise #7 to say 

7. Any player who comments on the 14th, or its multiples, rule, will receive 20 eggs. 

7 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’ll vote for rules 4 and 6, but not rule number 5.

Proposal: 

7. From now on, every 14 rules, I receive 20 eggs if I comment on the fact.

You forget that there are no eggs now

i vote on rolmrtrtror, it passes!

Players:

Spoiler

TLP/Stick

CadCom

Truthless

Butt

rules:

Spoiler
  1. (10/8/19)The Main Idea: Players take turns suggesting rules, or amendments to or the removal of existing rules.
  2. (10/8/19)The Voting Clause: Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said amendments or removals are taken into effect. (Note: no rule is exempt from this rule, including this one, unless superseded by another rule.)
  3. (10/8/19)The Winning Rule: The winning player shall be the first player that wins. When one player wins, all other players lose.
  4. (10/8/19)Rule Maximum Rule:there may be a maximum of 75 rules at a time, if another rule is passed, the oldest rule is pushed out of effect.
  5. (10/8/19)The Date Rule: rules shall be known as the date they were voted in as well as a number
  6. Rule of law making rules that rule the rules of rules: Any rules cannot be in relation to a player specifically. For example, one could not propose a rule that states that [Player Name] wins.

Ballot:

Spoiler

1.constants rule: any rule may be voted for as constant, a constant rule is subject to amendments, but supersedes all other rules and must be voted variable before it can be removed (2)

2.Rule of 14s: Any player who comments on the 14th, or its multiples, rule, will receive 20 eggs. (1)

I propose an amendment to #4.

4.Rule Maximum Rule: there may be a maximum of 75 rules at a time, if another rule is passed, the oldestleast voted for rule is pushed out of effect. Players may vote on rules already passed.

I also propose a new rule.

The Game State rule:

1. The Game State shall be represented by a number of Pieces of different types;

2. A Board shall exist, containing a number of different Places; 

3. Places can hold Pieces;

4. Each Piece must be in one and only one Place;

5. Privileges allow Players to alter the Game State;

6. Pieces may grant one or more Privileges;

7. Each Player will have a Place designated as their Hand;

8. Places include:

1. The Pool;

9. Pieces include:

1. ∞ Eggs in the Pool;

2. 1 Crown in the Pool;

1. Privilege-create, modify, or remove Pieces or Places;

2. Privilege-move any Piece;

3. 9 Tokens in each Hand;

10. Players may suggest proposals, amendments, movement, or removal of existing Pieces or Places;

11. Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said proposals, amendments, movements, or removals are taken into effect.

Edited by xinoehp512

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

4.Rule Maximum Rule: there may be a maximum of 75 rules at a time, if another rule is passed, the oldestleast voted for rule is pushed out of effect. Players may vote on rules already passed.

The Game State rule:

1. The Game State shall be represented by a number of Pieces of different types;

5. Privileges allow Players to move Pieces;

8. Places include:

1. The Pool;

9. Pieces include:

1. ∞ Eggs in the Pool;

2. 1 Crown in the Pool;

10. Players may suggest proposals, amendments or removal of existing Pieces or Places;

11. Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said proposals, amendments or removals are taken into effect;

I vote against the amendment 

and don’t understand that rule

I propose that a google doc be created and shared with the thread. This google doc will only contain necessary information regarding current rules, as they are in effect as well as any current proposals on the ballot. (I can make this once I have some more time if needed) 

I also propose a new thread be created for the revised, and restarted Nomic game be created. It is to have the link to the google doc in the original post, for easy locating. 

I also propose that for any player to win the game, that player must receive at least half of the active player's votes (50% included) as the winner of the game. 

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Game State rule:

5. Privileges allow Players to alter the Game State;

8. Places include:

1. The Pool;

9. Pieces include:

1. ∞ Eggs in the Pool;

2. 1 Crown in the Pool;

10. Players may suggest proposals, amendments or removal of existing Pieces or Places;

11. Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said proposals, amendments or removals are taken into effect.

For now, I also oppose the amendment,

And for now, I will oppose the Rule of game state rule, as it has become very complicated, and I currently do not understand it. 

2 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

I motion that FT joins, and I also motion that the Rule Maximum rule doesn't affect the original three rules.

I support FT joining, and I also agree with the Rule Maximum rule amendment. 

2 hours ago, CadCom said:

And for now, I will oppose the Rule of game state rule, as it has become very complicated, and I currently do not understand it. 

What do you not understand about it? 

2 hours ago, CadCom said:

I propose that a google doc be created and shared with the thread. This google doc will only contain necessary information regarding current rules, as they are in effect as well as any current proposals on the ballot. (I can make this once I have some more time if needed) 

I also propose a new thread be created for the revised, and restarted Nomic game be created. It is to have the link to the google doc in the original post, for easy locating. 

I also propose that for any player to win the game, that player must receive at least half of the active player's votes (50% included) as the winner of the game. 

Yes, yes, and no respectively.

I move that rules 1, 2, and 3 be declared as constant.

Edited by xinoehp512