Presidential Election  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be President?

• I think I am here.
    • AonEne (current President)

EDIT: a request for everyone to vote on ALL proposed rules.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I do support that. And they're called Eggs.

Please clarify what you’re supporting.

33 minutes ago, AonEne said:

You forgot to hide the "edited by" bit. I only support it if Voidus ISN'T an exception.

In the interests of my own sanity, I am only recording the initial version of this rule, unless I am overruled - this shall be considered as extreme action and shall not be repeated unless under similar or dire circumstances. I shall also propose a rule to prevent Voidus from making further modifications to rules, which shall be detailed below.

51 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Do we have to obey the rule if it hasn't yet been implemented?

No. By definition, a rule does not have to be followed until it is in effect.

My Votes

I support the Second and Third Laws of Dapper (with the assumption that Eggs can be interpreted as points should the First Law fail to pass.)

I support the Act of Dog Inclusion.

I support Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution.

I support the original version of the Rule of Honor.

I support the proposal to amend the First Law of Dapper.

I propose the following rules:

The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of said Voidus immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game.

I propose the following amendments: that the Act of Dog Inclusion should allow depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements.

Existing Rules (ie rules that are in effect):

Spoiler
  1. The Main Idea: Players take turns suggesting rules, or amendments to or the removal of existing rules.
  2. The Voting Clause: Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said amendments or removals are taken into effect. (Note: no rule is exempt from this rule, including this one, unless superseded by another rule.)
  3. The Winning Rule: The winning player shall be the first player that wins. When one player wins, all other players lose.
  4. The Points Rule: The winning player shall be the first player to reach one million points.

6. The Literal Rule: All things, including rules, can be interpreted literally or not as they were intended, so long as it makes sense.

8. The Trading Rule: each player starts with 0 points. Players can give points to other players, or - with the agreement of said other player - ‘trade’ something for points. Once both players agree on the terms, the transfer occurs automatically.

Proposed Rules:

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (2)

7. The Unnamed Proposal: just for clarification, voting for amendments should be in red and removals should be in green. (3)

9. Aon Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (9)

10. Aon Ene’s Second Rule: I also propose the rule that players must keep track of how many points they have in their signatures, About Mes, titles, or in each of their posts on this thread. (2)

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (2)

12. First Law of Dapper: Points are to be hereafter refered to as Eggs. (3)

13. Second Law of Dapper: Every ten Eggs you get your Coolness Level goes up by one. (3)

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (3)

15. The Act of Dog Inclusion: Every post from here on out must have an image of a dog in it, real or fake, picture or gif, wordless or meme, so long as it's not inappropriate. (3)

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (1)

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (2)

18. The (Original Version of) Rule of Honor: That anyone with the ability to modify the posts of others (mods/admins) or make minute, unnoticeable changes to the laws when listing them (Meta or anyone else who does) NOT be allowed to do so - no cheating, people. (2)

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (1)

Proposed Amendments or Removals:

Spoiler

* That the Winning Rule be ammended so that the authors of this and the next two posts directly after it be the winners. (2)

* In reference to the First Law of Dapper: 'Eggs' will be changed to a lowercase 'eggs'. (2)

That the Act of Dog Inclusion should allow depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements. (1)

I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage) to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule.

Edited by MetaTerminal

I would just like to point out that if I were of a mind to try to win solely through edits that I would just edit the rules which try to limit my editing :P

I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage)  to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule.

And thus we run into the issue of: can people amend rules they have suggested without a majority vote?

In the interests of consistency, I shall say that all modifications to proposals require majority vote, regardless of whether the modification and rule was suggested by the same person. This can of course be overruled by future rulings.

The amendments spoiler box has been updated thusly to include the Unfair Advantage modification proposal.

25 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of said Voidus immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game.

I propose the following amendments: that the Act of Dog Inclusion should allow depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements.

I support these.

14 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage)  to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule.

I do not support this.

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (2)

I support this

7. The Unnamed Proposal: just for clarification, voting for amendments should be in red and removals should be in green. (3)

I do not support this

9. Aon Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (9)

I support this

10. Aon Ene’s Second Rule: I also propose the rule that players must keep track of how many points they have in their signatures, About Mes, titles, or in each of their posts on this thread. (2)

I support this

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (2)

I support this

12. First Law of Dapper: Points are to be hereafter refered to as Eggs. (3)

I support this

13. Second Law of Dapper: Every ten Eggs you get your Coolness Level goes up by one. (3)

I do not support this

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (3

I do not support this

15. The Act of Dog Inclusion: Every post from here on out must have an image of a dog in it, real or fake, picture or gif, wordless or meme, so long as it's not inappropriate. (3)

I support this

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (1

I do not support this

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (2)

I do not support this

18. The (Original Version of) Rule of Honor: That anyone with the ability to modify the posts of others (mods/admins) or make minute, unnoticeable changes to the laws when listing them (Meta or anyone else who does) NOT be allowed to do so - no cheating, people. (2)

I support this

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (1)

I support this

* That the Winning Rule be ammended so that the authors of this and the next two posts directly after it be the winners. (2)

I do not support this

* In reference to the First Law of Dapper: 'Eggs' will be changed to a lowercase 'eggs'. (2)

I do not support this

That the Act of Dog Inclusion should allow depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements. (1)

I support this

I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage) to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule.

I do not support this

I would like to propose an Amendment to The Act of Dog Inclusion:

To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling.

I would like to propose the following rules:

The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win.

MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points.

MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology.

I would also like to propose the following rules:

Reputation Points: For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points.

Everyone Is A Winner: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule.

The majority requirement is still 4, with 7 players. Welcome, MiToRo!

I support MiToRo’s Dog Inclusion Amendment. I do not support the Negative Rule. I support the Rules of Punishment and Forgiveness. I do not support the Reputation Points Rule, or the Everyone Is A Winner Rule, on the grounds that it is far too much of a headache for me (though I can obviously be overturned).

The Law of Dog Inclusion and the First Law of Dapper have now been passed into effect, under stipulation of the Voting Clause.

I propose a new rule:

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO.

Dog Inclusion Requirement:

Spoiler

65BBACC5-450F-4AE3-B62D-31D02D911E61.jpeg.dce833a373997993188be7bcf22d27ec.jpeg

Existing Rules (ie rules that are in effect):

Spoiler
  1. The Main Idea: Players take turns suggesting rules, or amendments to or the removal of existing rules.
  2. The Voting Clause: Upon a majority vote of more than three players, said amendments or removals are taken into effect. (Note: no rule is exempt from this rule, including this one, unless superseded by another rule.)
  3. The Winning Rule: The winning player shall be the first player that wins. When one player wins, all other players lose.
  4. The Points Rule: The winning player shall be the first player to reach one million points.

6. The Literal Rule: All things, including rules, can be interpreted literally or not as they were intended, so long as it makes sense.

8. The Trading Rule: each player starts with 0 points. Players can give points to other players, or - with the agreement of said other player - ‘trade’ something for points. Once both players agree on the terms, the transfer occurs automatically.

12. First Law of Dapper: Points are to be hereafter refered to as Eggs.

15. The Act of Dog Inclusion: Every post from here on out must have an image of a dog in it, real or fake, picture or gif, wordless or meme, so long as it's not inappropriate. The Act of Dog Inclusion also allows depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements.

Proposed Rules:

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (3)

9. Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (3)

10. Ene’s Second Rule: I also propose the rule that players must keep track of how many points they have in their signatures, About Mes, titles, or in each of their posts on this thread. (3)

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (3)

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (3)

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (1)

18. The (Original Version of) Rule of Honor: That anyone with the ability to modify the posts of others (mods/admins) or make minute, unnoticeable changes to the laws when listing them (Meta or anyone else who does) NOT be allowed to do so - no cheating, people. (3)

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (3)

20. The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win. (2)

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points. (2)

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology. (2)

23. Reputation Points Rule: For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points. (1)

24. Everyone Is A Winner Rule: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule. (1)

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO.

26. The Self Punishment Act: If a player breaks a rule, they will be able to decide what their punishment is. (1)

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (1)

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause). (1)

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side. (1)

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (1)

Spoiler

* I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage) to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule. (1)

To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling. (3)

Edited by MetaTerminal

I support both ammendments to rule 15.

I would also like to introduce the Self Punishment Act.

If a player breaks a rule, they will be able to decide what their punishment is.

And the Fair Play Act.

If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment.

(Note that none of the current rules have any punishment involved but whatever)

I do not support either the Self Punishment Act or the Fair Play Act, for fear of abuse of said rules. In addition, it is my personal opinion that any paradoxes that may be resolved by the Fair Play Act should instead be kept for utmost mayhem.

The Act of Dog Inclusion has now been modified, per the Voting Clause. Depictions of cats now fulfil the requirements of said rule.

@Dr. Dapper, it should be noted that your previous is in violation of Rule 15, though there is no punishment for violation at this moment. (Ene’s First Rule, once implemented, would provide a way to punish for rule infractions.)

(As was this post, but you can also ignore that.)

Edited by MetaTerminal

It is, in my opinion, time for some game mechanics! Rule proposals:

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause).

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side.

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due (though not reminding someone is not considered an official infraction). To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.”

I support all of the above proposals. I have decided to start supporting the Negative Rule.

This forum game only really works if everyone votes on all or most proposals - I’d like to request that @Dr. Dapper and @Lunamor vote on more (preferably all of) proposed rules, as to start passing more of them into effect - this request also applies to other players as well. Of course, this is not an actual rule.

As per Rule 15:

Spoiler

EC369D9B-5B87-41E4-9D77-BC7072C89CC7.jpeg.95ffe5c28d6840e6c2d13a92a0dcaee3.jpeg

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: Don’t agree

7. The Unnamed Proposal: agree.

9. Ene’s First Rule: disagree

10. Ene’s Second Rule: disagree

11. Meta’s Clause: disagree

13. Second Law of Dapper: agree

14. Third Law of Dapper: agree

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: agree

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: disagree

18. The (Original Version of) Rule of Honor: agree

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: disagree :) 

20. The Negative Rule: agree

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: agree

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: disagree

23. Reputation Points Rule: agree

24. Everyone Is A Winner Rule: disagree

25. The UNO Rule. agree

26. The Self Punishment Act: disagree

27. The Fair Play Act:  disagree

29. The Chessboard Rule: agree

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): disagree

Finally! Now my own rules (muahahaahaahahaaaahahahaa!)

I propose:

The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves.

Dog Inclusion Requirement:

Spoiler

boo.thumb.jpg.bd1f52000e3c833f926c6cc7b5bb6e5d.jpg

Votes on proposed rules

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (3)   Yes

7. The Unnamed Proposal: just for clarification, voting for amendments should be in red and removals should be in green. (3) No

9. Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (3) YES

10. Ene’s Second Rule: I also propose the rule that players must keep track of how many points they have in their signatures, About Mes, titles, or in each of their posts on this thread. (3) NO

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (3) YES

13. Second Law of Dapper: Every ten Eggs you get your Coolness Level goes up by one. (3) YES

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (3) NO

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (1) NO

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (2) YES

18. The (Original Version of) Rule of Honor: That anyone with the ability to modify the posts of others (mods/admins) or make minute, unnoticeable changes to the laws when listing them (Meta or anyone else who does) NOT be allowed to do so - no cheating, people. (3) YES

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (3) YES

20. The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win. (2) YES

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points. (2) YES

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology. (2) NO

23. Reputation Points Rule: For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points. (1) YES

24. Everyone Is A Winner Rule: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule. (1) YES

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO. YES

26. The Self Punishment Act: If a player breaks a rule, they will be able to decide what their punishment is. (1) NO

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (1) YES

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause). (1) YES

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side. (1) NO

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (1) NO

31. The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves. NO

Votes on amendments

Spoiler

* That the Winning Rule be ammended so that the authors of this and the next two posts directly after it be the winners. (2) NO

* In reference to the First Law of Dapper: 'Eggs' will be changed to a lowercase 'eggs'. (2) YES

* I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage) to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule. (1) NO

To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling. (3) YES

New proposed Rules

Spoiler

New rule: New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time.

New Rule: Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket"

Edited by TheVillageIdiot

Spoiler

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause). (1)

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (1)

The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves.

Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket"

I support these.

Spoiler

26. The Self Punishment Act: If a player breaks a rule, they will be able to decide what their punishment is. (1)

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (1)

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side. (1)

New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time.

I do not support these

I would like to propose the following new rules:

Participation Eggs: Once per 24 hour period, if a player makes a post and votes on all current proposals as well as submits at least one new proposal, that player gains 25 Eggs.

Non-Participation Eggs: In any 24 hour period, if any player makes more than one post that does not include votes on all current proposals, that player loses 25 Eggs per post after their first without necessary votes.

As per Rule 15:

Spoiler

IMG_0219.thumb.jpg.d187203039d790eddd6288562592e9b7.jpg

I support these

Spoiler

Participation Eggs: Once per 24 hour period, if a player makes a post and votes on all current proposals as well as submits at least one new proposal, that player gains 25 Eggs.

Non-Participation Eggs: In any 24 hour period, if any player makes more than one post that does not include votes on all current proposals, that player loses 25 Eggs per post after their first without necessary votes.

Obligatory dog.

Spoiler

dogdog-profile_image-5550ade194780dfc-300x300.jpeg.cd865d52402d74247c6d5d85481beeb6.jpeg

With 2 new players, the majority requirement has risen to 5!

I support the Beginnings of Democracy, New Rule the Second, Participation Eggs and Non-Participation Eggs.

The Second Law of Dapper and the Original Version of the Rule of Honor have been passed into effect!

We have many, many proposals sitting on 4 votes, so if you haven’t voted on all proposals, be sure to do so (or simply pick ones that look interesting). It should also be noted that violations of Rule 15 have been frequent and flagrant, though until now unpunished, since we have no justice system.

I propose a new rule. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one.

Existing Rules (ie rules that are in effect):

Spoiler

12. First Law of Dapper: Points are to be hereafter refered to as Eggs.

13. Second Law of Dapper: Every ten Eggs you get your Coolness Level goes up by one.

15. The Act of Dog Inclusion: Every post from here on out must have an image of a dog in it, real or fake, picture or gif, wordless or meme, so long as it's not inappropriate. The Act of Dog Inclusion also allows depictions of cats to fulfill its requirements.

18. The Original Version of the Rule of Honor: That anyone with the ability to modify the posts of others (mods/admins) or make minute, unnoticeable changes to the laws when listing them (Meta or anyone else who does) NOT be allowed to do so - no cheating, people.

Proposed Rules:

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (4)

7. The Unnamed Proposal: just for clarification, voting for amendments should be in red and removals should be in green. (5)

9. Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (5)

10. Ene’s Second Rule: I also propose the rule that players must keep track of how many points they have in their signatures, About Mes, titles, or in each of their posts on this thread. (3)

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (5)

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (5)

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (3)

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (4)

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (4)

20. The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win. (4)

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points. (5)

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology. (3)

23. Reputation Points Rule: For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points. (3)

24. Everyone Is A Winner Rule: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule. (3)

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO. (5)

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (3)

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause). (3)

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side. (2)

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (3)

31. The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves. (4)

32. New Rule the First: New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time. (2)

33. New Rule the Second: Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket". (4)

34. Participation Eggs: Once per 24 hour period, if a player makes a post and votes on all current proposals as well as submits at least one new proposal, that player gains 25 Eggs. (4)

35. Non-Participation Eggs: In any 24 hour period, if any player makes more than one post that does not include votes on all current proposals, that player loses 25 Eggs per post after their first without necessary votes. (4)

36. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one. (3)

37. Fair Start: Any new player who starts the game after this point will begin with a number of Eggs equal to the player with the next lowest amount of Eggs - this could still be 0. (3)

38. Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs. (3)

39. The Paradox of Retroactive Rulings: Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule. This applies to Eggs given or taken for certain kinds of posts, as well as rule infractions that would lead to any sort of punishment. (3)

40. The Taxation Rule: The US tax code applies in its entirety to all points gained in whatever manner. (1)

41. The Spikes Rule: Spiking newcomers in the Intro thread gives the spiker 100 points. This rule applies retroactively. (1)

42. The Rule of Exceptions: that rules that are multiples of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are exempt from rules that are multiples of 3. (1)

43. The Brevity Act: that there be a maximum of 50 proposed rules at any one time. Players may also vote to strike proposals from consideration - once a majority is reached, the vote is struck from consideration, and must be reintroduced and reattain all votes in order to reach a majority. (1)

Spoiler

* In reference to the First Law of Dapper: 'Eggs' will be changed to a lowercase 'eggs'. (3)

* I would like to amend my own rule (16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage) to addend the following: No rule or ammendment may be passed or voted on if that rule would alter any part of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage or punish those who have voted in favour of Voidus' Law of Unfair Advantage. And no person who has only conditionally voted in favour of Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage shall count as having voted for it, except for the purposes of passing the rule. (1)

* To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling. (4)

Edited by MetaTerminal

Spoiler

36. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one.

I support this.

New Rule Proposals:

Fair Start: Any new player who starts the game after this point will begin with a number of Eggs equal to the player with the next lowest amount of Eggs - this could still be 0.

Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs.

The Paradox of Retroactive Rulings: Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule. This applies to Eggs given or taken for certain kinds of posts, as well as rule infractions that would lead to any sort of punishment.

EDITING IN RULE 15:

Spoiler

IMG_0219.thumb.jpg.85a92be9179ec16d08ffa2e86b2764c3.jpg

Edited by MiToRo94

Image result for dogs

I would like a clarification on the literal rule. Is it saying that rules can be interpreted "not as they were intended" or saying the rules can be interpreted either literally or not depending on how they are intended. I personally am assuming the first interpretation, and am thus using The Trading Rule to give 1 million points to AonEne, given that I can give points to other players, regardless of whether I have them. 

Also, I support the unnamed clarification.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Image result for dogs

I would like a clarification on the literal rule. Is it saying that rules can be interpreted "not as they were intended" or saying the rules can be interpreted either literally or not depending on how they are intended. I personally am assuming the first interpretation, and am thus using The Trading Rule to give 1 million points to AonEne, given that I can give points to other players, regardless of whether I have them. 

Also, I support the unnamed clarification.

The rule parses as: “any rule can be interpreted (either) literally OR not (literally) - which one it is is selected given the intention of the rule drafter, as long as that intention makes sense.” Your move is thus considered in violation of the Trading Rule (the Literal Rule stipulates that players can only give their points) and the Literal Rule, and shall be ignored.

23 minutes ago, MiToRo94 said:

Fair Start: Any new player who starts the game after this point will begin with a number of Eggs equal to the player with the next lowest amount of Eggs - this could still be 0.

Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs.

The Paradox of Retroactive Rulings: Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule. This applies to Eggs given or taken for certain kinds of posts, as well as rule infractions that would lead to any sort of punishment.

I support all of the above proposals, though Rule 15 neglected.

The majority requirement has risen to 6. I would like to ask @Kidpen to vote on all pending proposals, as to start getting as many of them passed as possible.

Rule 15:

Spoiler

BC99DF62-78EB-4CCC-A06E-A37B3A8EA5D7.jpeg.4c64803c5dee8f9030b1c3258926b5f5.jpeg

dog-9.jpg

Spoiler

7. The Unnamed Proposal: just for clarification, voting for amendments should be in red and removals should be in green. (5)

9. Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (4)

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (4)

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (4)

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (2)

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (3)

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points. (4)

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology. (2)

24. Everyone Is A Winner Rule: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule. (2)

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO. (4)

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (2)

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (2)

31. The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves. (3)

32. New Rule the First: New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time. (1)

33. New Rule the Second: Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket". (3)

34. Participation Eggs: Once per 24 hour period, if a player makes a post and votes on all current proposals as well as submits at least one new proposal, that player gains 25 Eggs. (3)

35. Non-Participation Eggs: In any 24 hour period, if any player makes more than one post that does not include votes on all current proposals, that player loses 25 Eggs per post after their first without necessary votes. (3)

36. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one. (2)

37. Fair Start: Any new player who starts the game after this point will begin with a number of Eggs equal to the player with the next lowest amount of Eggs - this could still be 0. (2)

38. Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs. (2)

39. The Paradox of Retroactive Rulings: Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule. This applies to Eggs given or taken for certain kinds of posts, as well as rule infractions that would lead to any sort of punishment. (2)

I support all of the above. 

Edit: Also, I would like to give the Rule of Exceptions, saying that rules that are multiples of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are exempt from rules that are multiples of 3.

Edited by Kidpen

I propose a Taxation rule:

The US tax code applies in its entirety to all points gained in whatever manner.

I also propose the spikes rule:

Spiking newcomers in the Intro thread gives the spiker 100 points.

This rule applies retroactively.

I will get around to voting on everything tonight.

33 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

The US tax code applies in its entirety to all points gained in whatever manner.

Spiking newcomers in the Intro thread gives the spiker 100 points.

This rule applies retroactively.

I will get around to voting on everything tonight.

I do not support either of these rules.

Also, Rule 15 Infraction.

Rule 15:

Spoiler

IMG_0219.thumb.jpg.b24b247226b72fbd69a469db23fdb47f.jpg

Edited by MiToRo94

I do not agree with the Rule of Exceptions, given that all numbers are multiples of 1 - thus, every rule would be exempt from multiples of 3, including Rule 42 itself, thus nullifying the rule... which means that a paradox is caused. Does rule 42 apply or not? Should a revision or an alternative of this rule be proposed, I would be more inclined to support it.

I do not agree with the Taxation Rule or the Spike Rule.

I propose the Brevity Act: that there be a maximum of 50 proposed rules at any one time. Players may also vote to strike proposals from consideration - once a majority is reached, the vote is struck from consideration, and must be reintroduced and reattain all votes in order to reach a majority.

Rule 15:

Spoiler

31D234D6-F2FF-448D-877D-D53F73172FFD.jpeg.fecfafe8ebdcca67aa95d62f171fa7cb.jpeg

Edited by MetaTerminal

15 hours ago, MiToRo94 said:

I would like to propose an Amendment to The Act of Dog Inclusion:

To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling.

The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win.

MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points.

MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology.

I support the Amendment to the AoDI, the Negative Rule, the RoP, and the RoF.

15 hours ago, MiToRo94 said:

Reputation Points: For each reputation awarded to a post, that poster gains 10 points.

Everyone Is A Winner: Any time a proposal - new rule, amendment, removal, or any other rule adjustment - gains unanimous support, the proposer gains 10 points, while the first 2 supporters (after the original proposer) gain 5 points. Unanimous support here means that all players vote in favor of the rule until the rule goes into effect; once the rule would go into effect, future voters who vote against it will not affect the points given by this rule.

I don't support Rep Points, because it's messing with the reputation system and the admins/mods are against us doing that for any reason, especially games.

I don't support EIAW.

15 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

I support this.

14 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I would also like to introduce the Self Punishment Act.

If a player breaks a rule, they will be able to decide what their punishment is.

And the Fair Play Act.

If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment.

(Note that none of the current rules have any punishment involved but whatever)

I support the Self Punishment Act, but not the Fair Play Act.

11 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

It is, in my opinion, time for some game mechanics! Rule proposals:

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause).

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side.

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due (though not reminding someone is not considered an official infraction). To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.”

I don't support ACFT or the Chessboard Rule. Clarifying question - do you have to play chess if that one goes into effect?

I also don't support RSYLG. At all. :P

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I support this.

3 hours ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

New rule: New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time.

New Rule: Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket"

I don't support either of these.

2 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

I propose a new rule. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one.

I support this.

1 hour ago, MiToRo94 said:

Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs.

I support all three of these.

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

I would like a clarification on the literal rule. Is it saying that rules can be interpreted "not as they were intended" or saying the rules can be interpreted either literally or not depending on how they are intended. I personally am assuming the first interpretation, and am thus using The Trading Rule to give 1 million points to AonEne, given that I can give points to other players, regardless of whether I have them. Also, I support the unnamed clarification.

I SUPPORT THIS - aw man, never mind. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kidpen said:

Edit: Also, I would like to give the Rule of Exceptions, saying that rules that are multiples of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are exempt from rules that are multiples of 3.

I do not support this...MATH...  

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

Spiking newcomers in the Intro thread gives the spiker 100 points. This rule applies retroactively.

I do not support either of these. (Not everyone uses the US tax code.)

16 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

I propose the Brevity Act: that there be a maximum of 50 proposed rules at any one time. Players may also vote to strike proposals from consideration - once a majority is reached, the vote is struck from consideration, and must be reintroduced and reattain all votes in order to reach a majority.

I support this.

Guys, be careful about double-posting.

I propose another amendment to 15: You must use a picture different from every picture you've used so far. The Internet is big, there are enough.

Edit: Whoops, posted before adding. Image result for dog

Edited by AonEne

20 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

I do not agree with the Rule of Exceptions, given that all numbers are multiples of 1 - thus, every rule would be exempt from multiples of 3, including Rule 42 itself, thus nullifying the rule... which means that a paradox is caused. Does rule 42 apply or not? Should a revision or an alternative of this rule be proposed, I would be more inclined to support it.

Rule 15:

Reveal hidden contents

31D234D6-F2FF-448D-877D-D53F73172FFD.jpeg.fecfafe8ebdcca67aa95d62f171fa7cb.jpeg

Actually, it must be a multiple of all of those numbers at once was the thought.

Which admittedly is still weird, but it still works.

Edit: A version that makes more sense is that all rules that are a multiple of 3 are exempted from rules that are a multiple of 8.

dog-landing-hero-lg.jpg?bust=1536935129&width=1080

Edited by Kidpen

Spoiler

5. The Equal Opportunity Act: any rule that discriminates based on the identities of players outside of the game (including screenname, rank, etc.) shall be considered invalid. (4)

11. Meta’s Clause: That every post that passes judgement (ie votes for or against) a rule must also propose a new rule. Should a vote be made without also proposing a new rule, then said vote is considered void until an associated rule is proposed. (5)

14. Third Law of Dapper: Each Coolness Level make you cooler. (5)

16. Voidus’ Law of Unfair Advantage: All those who support this rule shall gain two points for every point that is gained by someone who did not support this rule. (3)

17. Voidus' Rule of Potential Karmic Retribution: Should a player propose a rule to change the name of 'points', that player is to be referred to by the name they suggest changing points to, until such a time as the rule is adopted. (4)

20. The Negative Rule: Any player can have negative points if they have lost more points than they currently have, but a player cannot have more negative points than the total amount of points needed to win. (4)

25. The UNO Rule. If at any time, a post violates the rules, someone must point it out by quoting the post and saying ‘UNO!’ in order to implement any Egg changes or changes in game state - ie cheating in and of itself does not trigger any rules, but instead someone has to point it out. There is no time limit on UNO. (5)

28. The Act that Concerns the Frequency of Turns (or ACFT): as stated by the Main Idea, you may only create new rules or amendments on your turn. You may only take a turn if two other people have taken their turn between now and your most previous turn, or if you have not taken your turn in over 24 hours. You do not have to propose a rule on your turn (unless otherwise indicated, eg by Meta’s Clause). (3)

31. The Beginnings of Democracy: We have a poll and whoever gets the most votes is the president, who gets the ability to give up to 50 points to anyone but themselves. (4)

36. The French Law: at any time, a member of the ‘public’ (ie a non-presidential person) may declare a vote to overthrow the president. If a majority vote is attained, the person who started the poll becomes the new president in the place of the old one. (3)

37. Fair Start: Any new player who starts the game after this point will begin with a number of Eggs equal to the player with the next lowest amount of Eggs - this could still be 0. (3)

39. The Paradox of Retroactive Rulings: Rules will never retroactively apply to posts made prior to the rule being voted into effect - unless directly stated otherwise in the rule. This applies to Eggs given or taken for certain kinds of posts, as well as rule infractions that would lead to any sort of punishment. (3)

41. The Spikes Rule: Spiking newcomers in the Intro thread gives the spiker 100 points. This rule applies retroactively. (1)

Supported

Spoiler

42. The Rule of Exceptions: that rules that are multiples of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are exempt from rules that are multiples of 3. (1)

43. The Brevity Act: that there be a maximum of 50 proposed rules at any one time. Players may also vote to strike proposals from consideration - once a majority is reached, the vote is struck from consideration, and must be reintroduced and reattain all votes in order to reach a majority. (1)

40. The Taxation Rule: The US tax code applies in its entirety to all points gained in whatever manner. (1)

38. Duel of Awww: Any player may challenge another player to a Duel of Awww, along with a bet amount. The challenger may bet any number of Eggs up to the current total Eggs held by the lesser of the two players; if one or both players has 0 Eggs, the bet is automatically set to 10 Eggs. The Duel of Awww begins once the challenged player accepts the duel in a new post. The public (all other players not participating in the duel) votes on which of the two duelers has the better animal picture - as per rule 15 - based on any arbitrary qualifications they would like. The animal pictures used for the duel will be the ones posted in the challenge post and the acceptance post, and must have both been a picture taken/drawn/created by the respective dueler. Once a majority vote has been reached, the winner gains the bet amount in Eggs and the loser loses the same amount, unless the loser has fewer Eggs - in the case of starting with 0 points - then the loser goes to 0 total Eggs while the winner gains 10 Eggs. (3)

35. Non-Participation Eggs: In any 24 hour period, if any player makes more than one post that does not include votes on all current proposals, that player loses 25 Eggs per post after their first without necessary votes. (4)

34. Participation Eggs: Once per 24 hour period, if a player makes a post and votes on all current proposals as well as submits at least one new proposal, that player gains 25 Eggs. (4)

30. The Rule that Says You’ve Lost the Game (or RSYLG): every player must lose the Game at least once every ten turns. Other players are morally obligated to remind players when this requirement due. To announce the fact that you have lost the Game, say in a post during which you have taken your turn, “I have lost the Game.” (3)

29. The Chessboard Rule: there exists a standard chessboard, originally starting as the starting piece positions for white and black. Each player may elect one piece on the board as theirs - during their turn, they may move their piece as per the standard rules of chess. Checking a piece (checks being defined as per standard chess rules) which is controlled by another player (the ‘recipient’) gains the moving player 100 points, and loses the recipient 100 points. Mutual checks provide no point increase or deduction for either side. (2)

19. The Rule for Meta’s Sanity: that Voidus be unable to edit posts in the thread for his own benefit, under threat of immediately losing the game; and that Rule 16 shall be considered irrevocably immoral and unimplementable, from now and in perpetuity, and that should it be passed Voidus will immediately lose the game. (4)

32. New Rule the First: New proposed rules must rhyme, this rule will last till the end of time. (2)

33. New Rule the Second: Every 10 eggs will be referred to as a "Basket". (4)

27. The Fair Play Act: If a player cannot obey a rule for 'reasons' then they receive no punishment. (3)

21. MiToRo's Rule of Punishment: Any post that breaks a rule that has been in effect for longer than 15 minutes - to give time for those who have simply not refreshed their page - shall cause that poster to lose 10 points. (5)

22. MiToRo's Rule of Forgiveness: Whenever a player has negative points, that player may post an apology - no shorter than 3 full sentences, and unique to each other player - to other players in order to regain 1 point per apology. (3)

9. Ene’s First Rule: one way for points to be given should be by awarding them to people based on rules of theirs that go into effect, three per rule. (5)

Not supported

Spoiler

* In reference to the First Law of Dapper: 'Eggs' will be changed to a lowercase 'eggs'. (3)

* To change the name of the rule from The Act of Dog Inclusion to The Act of Animal Inclusion, and to allow depictions of any animal to fulfill its requirements, so long as the poster genuinely appreciates the animal being posted - whether that is in cuteness, silliness, or any other positive feeling. (4)

Support these

Spoiler

Do not support these.

Blatant violation of rule 15.

I propose the rule of rules actually meaning something:
Any post that violates a rule shall be considered void of all meaning for the purposes of this game, specifically no votes in said post shall be counted, no rules proposed shall be voted upon, no points can be gained, no other rules that would apply any benefit or punishment outside of this rule shall take effect until said post is in accordance with all rules. Any action outside of a post which violates a rule shall be considered to have not happened for all purposes of this game.