Zurvanite

Final Fantasy XIV

29 posts in this topic

What does Ardyn have to do with 14?

On 7/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, Briar King said:

What does Ardyn have to do with 14?

The character 'Ardyn' doesn't make an appearance, but it's clear that (and spoilers for Shadowbringers ahead, and I guess FFXV)

Spoiler

the designs and mannerisms are at least partially influential for Emet-Selch, as they have a superficially similar appearance with the hair colourings, position as the progenitor of an empire, and their affable or even friendly discussions with the main characters, as well as popping up unexpectedly for those purposes.

It's not a transplant, just very similar character concepts. 

Edited by Wyrmhero

Ok so I've had sufficient time to play Shadowbringers (but not Eden Raid yet because I work late tonight  ;-; ). This expansion has been phenomenal. Probably the best expansion I've ever played in any mmo, possibly one of the best Final Fantasy stories ever.

The story was amazing, the cast unforgettable, and the music...Soken nailed the music. Almost every single track is just wonderful, especially final boss theme and the Raka'tika Greatwood overworld theme (which is so good it's a meme). And yes Emet-Selch is amazing. Better than Ardyn though. And I really love Dancer. They shred through adds, and their buffs are really nice too.

All the memes made for this expansion are pretty funny too. This one made me laugh so hard I cried: 

FB_IMG_1563049178644.thumb.jpg.b6c14a2eadcd6b4e41a7617da4e37d78.jpg

Bumping this topic to bring you the latest news for this game: 

Patch 5.2 is looking to be the best patch I've ever seen in XIV. First off: RUBY WEAPON!!! AHHHHH!!! The new Eden raid tier Eden's Verse has Ramuh, Ifrit, and Garuda reimaginings as fights, and you'll have to fight the latter two together. For the lore aspect it looks as if we'll learn even more about Hydaelyn and there's a dungeon or trial with Dalamud falling on the city of Amaurot...for some reason.

Some updated lore of Hydaelyn and Zodiark, spoilers for Shadowbringers:

Spoiler

So it turns out in Shadowbringers we learn the two deities Hydaelyn and Zodiark are in fact Primals. The first Primals. The Ascians summoned Zodiark by sacrificing half their people to stop a Calamity from destroying their planet (there was a sound from the Planets core which caused their creation magic to go out of control, summoning eldritch abominations). Then, after that they sacrificed half of those people to revive the worlds ecosystem. The Ascians then planned to seed new life, let the people of the planet prosper, then sacrifice them all to bring back all the other people they originally sacrificed. A splinter group got tired of all of this, and summoned the goddess Hydaelyn (again they had to sacrifice to summon her) and in exchange she would fracture the world and everything in it into 14 Shards to keep Zodiark sealed away and stop the sacrifices. And now the Ascians who survived the fracturing of worlds are causing the Rejoinings to bring the world back to to its proper form, so they can sacrifice everyone to bring their people back.