Big Brandon Sanderson fan, 1st time here though

Renen

Have been hearing how great "Stormlight archive" is. Started hearing a few years back I think about a year after book 1 came out. Took me until about a year ago to fully get into it (tried about 2-3 years ago but got abit confussled by beginning of the way of kings with so many things going on). 

Then I listened to the graphic audio version of the stormlight books. Then listened to Warbreaker, re-listened to Mistborn which I have read a while back, then mistborn sequels, then elantris. Now back to Stormlight archive. Also listening to the various short stories as I go, and will get to white sand in a bit. 

As far as I'm concerned Sanderson is the best fantasy writer currently alive (potentially ever) for how well he writes... Basically everything. 

Favorite magic system? Hmm... I suppose it depends on the criteria. 

Overall I'd say it's a tie between awakening and surges, with me leaning more towards the surges. 

Elantris showed us too little for me to be overly invested into it. Mistborn is godlike in terms of combat potential but I like the "steel and gunpowder" feel a tiny bit less than I like high fantasy flavoured magic. 

2 minutes ago, Renen said:

Sure... But I done some lurking in the past hour so let me just... 

*pulls out metal detector*

Smart. And welcome! I am glad someone else uses the word “confuzzled”. What order of the Knights Radiant would you say you belong to?

12 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Smart. And welcome! I am glad someone else uses the word “confuzzled”. What order of the Knights Radiant would you say you belong to?

For me it'd be a toss up between a Skybreaker (Szeth style) or Dustbringer. I try to be a pretty even tempered person, but if I was dropped into Roshar I'd probably find that alot of people could use alot of smiting. 

P. S. You guys are really friendly here! ♥️

Edited by Renen

Welcome! Have a cookie courtesy of TUBA (don't worry I ran it through a metal detector, but feel free to test it again).

Safehands: covered or uncovered?

There's a correct answer to that question. 

14 hours ago, Renen said:

P. S. You guys are really friendly here! ♥️

We strive for it ;)

27 minutes ago, Renen said:

Covered. What am I? An uncultured savage? Then again, most of us are uncultured savages for being able to read

As a member of the Left Handers Club, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. :P 

Being progressive isn't always a bad thing. My handwriting's messy enough as it is.

3 hours ago, Taradiddle said:

'ello Renen, Taradiddle here, what's your favorite number?

Edit: Oh, Also, I forgot to say, but I love your profile picture!

Favorite number? 10 

And thank you. I do quite like being a happy cat :D