It seems Brandon is coming to Germany

Nivallo

Ok, it’s almost time so I’m going to post my questions:

1. If a radiant tried to soulcast using stormlight directly from the highstorm what essences could they create?

2. Could a windrunner only lash part of something, like only a hand instead of an entire body?

3. Could an Elantrian make an inert Aon on a stamp then stamp the air to make the Aon ? We already know that tools can be used and being able to quickly make an Aon like this would really save time.

4. Is Dalinar’s wife smoking hot? ;):P

Edited by The Forumlurker

8 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

1. If a radiant tried to soulcast using stormlight directly from the highstorm what essences could they create?

You might want to get confirmation that Radiants need specific stones.  I belive it but some other people have made some moderately convincing arguments otherwise.

8 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

You can bring your own books! Luckly!

On the note of signing, should I bring my entire collection? I don't want to come off as rude I just really want them signed. Is there a limit?

He'll sign as many as you want, but generally he only personalizes one (So for instance, you can get him to write "For [insert name here], followed by either a short message, or a  quote of Brandon's choosing.)

Also write down your questions, because trust me, you will forget them when you see him.

I am going to bring my whole collection, right now consisting of MB era 1, SA 1-3 (HC) and Edgedancer. I'll even by a new backpack today so I can carry them properly :P

I'm pretty pissed right now at public transportation (looking at you @Deutsch Bahn). I live a 40 minute train ride from Stuttgart and if I take the train I'll have to pay 20 € to get there and back. By bus it's cheaper but waaaaay longer, like 2,5 hours. I have the day off but I got better things to do than spend the entire day on the bus. Hmpf. I could take the car, but I don't know a worse city to drive in than Stuttgart. It's a nightmare.

Edited by Winds Alight

Brandon has said that there will be half an hour of signing before the start of the event in Bonn (so 19:30 to 20:00), and it won't require tickets. So there's a chance to get your books signed and be off at 20:00 when the reading starts. I might be able to make it after all (my problem was the return trip).

Getting there alone will take longer than I'll actually be there, but well.

1 minute ago, The Forumlurker said:

@Sorana @Rhapsody @Winds Alight

Apparently there are tickets for the Stuttgart signing? And they're sold out? Please help someone!!!

There aren't.

I have to admit I called them again today, just to be sure. There aren't but they recommend to be there early. There are tickets for every signing in Germany, but not for Stuttgart.

got the event in Bonn recorded.

Three specific WoBs i asked:

Whats the biological reaction in a limb getting cut by a shardblade?

Can two shards with two vessels create a perpendiculary?

Was any shard, besides Odium, forced to flee their planet because it was destroyed?

54 minutes ago, Excelsius said:

got the event in Bonn recorded.

Three specific WoBs i asked:

Was any shard, besides Odium, forced to flee their planet because it was destroyed?

Were you going to give us  the answers too? :P

So, I am back from the Bonn Event after a good night of sleep. The German reading was really nice, though I had some problems with the translated names. Luckily the read passages were from Oathbringer and from Shallan, so I could piece together who "Schleier" and "Muster" were...(for non-German speakers: Veil and...Pattern). The real goodie was Brandon's reading from the first chapter of Book Four of the Stormlight Archive! I won't give any spoilers here now, since there are still some events in Germany where he might read the same passage. Suffice it to say I nearly sat there with my mouth open and drooling.

Instead of asking cosmere relevant questions, I let Brandon do the signing, talked shortly about Nightblood (no real new stuff there) and went over to Isaac to chat about his maps - like about nice locations for vacations in Shadesmar. And the pattern underlying the Shattered Plains - in the follow up to a podium question on the creation of the Roshar map.

Sounds nice!

I hope he reads from Stormlight 4 here in Stuttgart too! (Probably not, but one can hope!)

What did Isaac say about a Shadesmar vacation, it sounds interesting!

I can’t believe it’s only one more day till I meet Brandon!!!!

2 minutes ago, The Forumlurker said:

What did Isaac say about a Shadesmar vacation, it sounds interesting!

He recommended near Ravizadth where Spren fishing is forbidden, because you are not disturbed by those fishers there, also Candlemore with the nice tower and the possibility to mandra-ride. Not recommended is the region around Caretaker of Laughter and Salumon the Third Tower (which is also stated on the map itself, so nothing new there).

Isaac was really nice and even thanked me for asking so many questions (which I nearly stumbled on answering with "You're welcome" but managed to turn around into thanking him for his extensive answers - to my excuse, it was kinda late already xD)...

12 hours ago, Argent said:

Were you going to give us  the answers too? :P

Thehe woups.

1: It still functions nomaly, the blood keeps flowing. But the soul in it is severed and goes "floppy" so you loose feeling and control of it.

2. "Yes, this is plausible"

3. "Has a shard, besides odium, been forced to leave their planet because it was destroyed....Yee...Yes."

There u go :3