Laurelai actually rolled her eyes this time. Some things couldn't be explained? Nonsense. Some people just lacked the capacity to explain things, that was all. What was it with unseeable entities and their obsession with thinking that they were the most mysterious thing in the world. There was a species of reptile in Shinovar that could look invisible, that didn't make them privy to all the dark secrets of the world, it just made them difficult to catch.

"Do you want some Stormlight, perhaps?" Okame asked. "I think that is the customary offering."

Of for the love of...

"Not the best time for that." Laurelai reminded him.

Giving Stormlight to a potential enemy was not a particularly wise choice, not that she thought that anyone had come to this event without their own preparations anyway, but even so it was just not done. Or at least not unless there was more to the gesture than there appeared. A bribe, a threat, misinformation. There were many options, but she doubted any were what the Horneater had in mind.

“No stormlight,” The Haunt said, turning to see the woman he was talking to roll her eyes. At him?

“Unlike other creatures, I don’t need any of of your stormlight,” he stressed his voice to emphasise his words, turning to the woman with a smug grin he was disappointed she couldn’t see. “I don’t need any real power source for my powers, to be honest. How’s that for mystery? In fact, I- I bet you could lock me in an aluminium room and I’d still escape.”

He twiddled his thumbs nervously, and turned in midair to the horneater again. “But you can worship me, if you want. I’ll bless you or whatever else you want.” Well, at least someone payed proper attention. The Haunt had found these PCs to be shockingly less afraid of him then he’d originally thought.

||-||

“No, it’s fine,” Alask said to Nekorb. “We’ve all been away, I guess.” He looked to Lena. So, she made money where she could. “You could always join the Forge,” he said. “We don’t do what you do, but you know, we don’t have members and if you need work it’s good.” He dobted poison making would come in handy in the job, but he needed to at least ask. Something about a paper of him twisted at being friendly with Lena. She killed people. Poisoned them. And wasn’t his whole mission this last year trying to stop people from killing others? To kill the criminals around the little Forge territory? And yet, here he was, talking to another murderer.

Do you think she’s bad, Shez? Alask asked. Lena. For killing people.

“She doesn’t break Rules,” Came the response. “Don’t care.”

And if she did?

“I’d tear her apart.”

Alask sighed. For however intelligent Shez was, being bonded to Alask, it was important to remember that like a cryptic lied, or a highspren abided by rules, with Shez everything was black and white. Follow the Rules or not. Die or not. Alask wished he could see everything as simple as his Shade.

Edited by I think I am here.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“No stormlight,” The Haunt said, turning to see the woman he was talking to roll her eyes. At him?

“Unlike other creatures, I don’t need any of of your stormlight,” he stressed his voice to emphasise his words, turning to the woman with a smug grin he was disappointed she couldn’t see. “I don’t need any real power source for my powers, to be honest. How’s that for mystery? In fact, I- I bet you could lock me in an aluminium room and I’d still escape.”

He twiddled his thumbs nervously, and turned in midair to the horneater again. “But you can worship me, if you want. I’ll bless you or whatever else you want.” Well, at least someone payed proper attention. The Haunt had found these PCs to be shockingly less afraid of him then he’d originally thought.

"Ah, so you are different than most. Understandable. The question, more, is what made you different. I'd bet broams on something involving the Nightwatcher."

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Den of Thieves, huh?" Nekorb was quiet for a moment. "I remember that. Almost died there. From what I understand, though, Lena here got me to the hospital in time for them to do something." He smiled slightly. "Nearly died there, too, but that's another story."

He turned to Alask. "Sorry I haven't been... around... for a while."

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

"You remember that?"

Lena asked surprised. She'd also bound his wounds to be able to transport him, had staunched the worst bleeding. But she hadn't expected him to remember, to know.

Memories flashed through Galvris's mind.  A huge firestorm with a silver figure laughing in the center.  A rift hanging in the air, an army streaming out.  And the power, ripping through him.  Too much of it, too much.  It scourged his insides, scorched his mind.  It raged through him, destroying, killing, shredding.  Then, it had receded, leaving him alive.  But it had receded too far, leaving him broken and empty, calling for it but never finding it.  Falling through the air, yet seeing nothing in darkness.  Crouching over a broken silver figure, weeping.  The memories rushed at him faster and faster, going around his mind in a whirlwind until he could take it no more.  He realized he was shaking.  He was sitting at a table in the company, a cool drink in his hand.  When had he sat down?  

@xinoehp512

@I think I am here.

——

On 3/31/2019 at 3:36 PM, Ark1002 said:

The door opened with a ding. She stepped out.

A hallway. Full of normal elevators.

Then three hundred darts, full of poison, to paralyze and put him to sleep, hit from every conceivable direction.

Necromancer noted the elevators with wonder, but didn't see any of the mysteriousness that this company was suppposedly famous for.  Of course, the three hundred poisoned darts were definitely mysterious.  Well, not mysterious, more shocking.  Perhaps blunt.  Lots of adverbs could also be used to describe the deep and dreamless sleep he fell into when dozens of them struck his skin.  For a while, there was nothing.  Then, there was sound.  It came in bursts, just long enough for Necromancer to get a feel for the pattern, then they would drop again.  Voices, he realized.  They were talking about him.  He woke the rest of the way and sat up, aging himself forwards to flush the poison from his system completely.  He then looked at the two men in the room with him with confidence.

So Ark, where did they take him?  Or did they just leave him?

@Ark1002

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“No, it’s fine,” Alask said to Nekorb. “We’ve all been away, I guess.” He looked to Lena. So, she made money where she could. “You could always join the Forge,” he said. “We don’t do what you do, but you know, we don’t have members and if you need work it’s good.” He dobted poison making would come in handy in the job, but he needed to at least ask. Something about a paper of him twisted at being friendly with Lena. She killed people. Poisoned them. And wasn’t his whole mission this last year trying to stop people from killing others? To kill the criminals around the little Forge territory? And yet, here he was, talking to another murderer.

Lena looked at him surprised.

"You're asking if I want to work with you?"

She repeated quietly, unsure what to make of the situation. He hated her, why should he offer her something like that? Because he's a good person. She answered her own question. Or maybe he only wanted to keep her close, to observe her actions. She'd heard about the forge and their work, everybody spending a lot of time on the streets had. But did she really fit in there? And yet it sounded stable, if they succeeded, maybe it was a place where she could send him to learn a trade, offer him a good life instead of hers. He hadn't asked her to stop killing people, maybe if she started to focus on those threatening the forge? Could that work? Would he accept it? Probably not. He was no murderer, not like her at least. And yet she carefully observed him, waited for his answer.

Sure.

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

“You're asking if I want to work with you?"

“I mean, kind of,” Alask said, looking to Nekorb and Galvris, to see if they had any objections.

But that dropped smile, when the eyes went cold and the voice became icy. Alask remembered when that happened, outside the Alleyzon building. How it seemed the mask had fallen. He’d been different then, more afraid. But even now, he still treaded carefully.

“Extra hands would be great. Especially with our main leader missing in action. Yeah, that’s what I’m asking.”

He stood, idly putting his hands in his pockets.

“It’s approaching sunset,” he heard. “Are we still going out to kill?”

Maybe we can skip tonight?

“You promised me two kills for staying under control yesterday.” He had.

Fine. I’ll see what I can do.

11 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Extra hands would be great. Especially with our main leader missing in action. Yeah, that’s what I’m asking.”

Lena stared at him for a while, unsure what to reply, her surprise clearly written on her face. She hadn't expected it, not from him. Especially not from him.

"I think I could give it a try."

She replied hesitantly, it smelled like trap. Probably he only wanted to keep her close to make sure she didn't betray him. But that was alright, and maybe she could really help them for a while. That Galvris guy would make for a great experiment - she stopped herself. Maybe some others first, strangers, those troubling them. If she wanted to see if that was a place for him, she couldn't experiment on them. She could do this, restrain herself. Lena smiled at Alask, one for few honest smiles.

"Thank you."

In a quieter voice she added:

"I know my way around potions in general, not only the ones you know of. Maybe that can help. And I'm a rather useful cook."

Edited by Sorana

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I mean, kind of,” Alask said, looking to Nekorb and Galvris, to see if they had any objections.

But that dropped smile, when the eyes went cold and the voice became icy. Alask remembered when that happened, outside the Alleyzon building. How it seemed the mask had fallen. He’d been different then, more afraid. But even now, he still treaded carefully.

He stood, idly putting his hands in his pockets.

“It’s approaching sunset,” he heard. “Are we still going out to kill?”

Maybe we can skip tonight?

“You promised me two kills for staying under control yesterday.” He had.

Fine. I’ll see what I can do.

Nekorb shrugged. "Fine by me."

@I think I am here.

Hey, Itiah, do you still want to fight Edahs?

Edited by xinoehp512

13 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Necromancer noted the elevators with wonder, but didn't see any of the mysteriousness that this company was suppposedly famous for.  Of course, the three hundred poisoned darts were definitely mysterious.  Well, not mysterious, more shocking.  Perhaps blunt.  Lots of adverbs could also be used to describe the deep and dreamless sleep he fell into when dozens of them struck his skin.  For a while, there was nothing.  Then, there was sound.  It came in bursts, just long enough for Necromancer to get a feel for the pattern, then they would drop again.  Voices, he realized.  They were talking about him.  He woke the rest of the way and sat up, aging himself forwards to flush the poison from his system completely.  He then looked at the two men in the room with him with confidence.

The two men turned. Each held a spike, and both were completely blank faced.

Necromancer was in chains, and the chains contained whipper motivators. They turned on, and his epic powers were cancelled.

"Why did you trespass?" The voice came out of both of them, cold, emotionless.

3 hours ago, Inky said:

Sofya walks in, in awe at the size of the building. She goes to the secretary. "What is this place?" Pearl shows up on her right shoulder, also in awe. 

The temporary secretary, a woman wearing a blue dress, grinned. "PlasmaCore. Go on in for more information."

She pointed towards the door.

Fred saw someone just... enter

'That's not allowed!' Fred thought angrily. 'You gotta make your presence known first!'

Maybe he was going insane. Dunno. 

Well, he figured he had gone in enough circles, so he decided to enter the building.

"HELLO." Fred said, talking a bit too loudly for comfort. He didn't notice, of course. "CAN YOU HELP ME?"

@Ark1002

Edited by Gancho Libre

18 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Memories flashed through Galvris's mind.  A huge firestorm with a silver figure laughing in the center.  A rift hanging in the air, an army streaming out.  And the power, ripping through him.  Too much of it, too much.  It scourged his insides, scorched his mind.  It raged through him, destroying, killing, shredding.  Then, it had receded, leaving him alive.  But it had receded too far, leaving him broken and empty, calling for it but never finding it.  Falling through the air, yet seeing nothing in darkness.  Crouching over a broken silver figure, weeping.  The memories rushed at him faster and faster, going around his mind in a whirlwind until he could take it no more.  He realized he was shaking.  He was sitting at a table in the company, a cool drink in his hand.  When had he sat down?  

@xinoehp512

@I think I am here.

——

@Ark1002

Ciera handed him a card. What'd he do with it?

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hey, Itiah, do you still want to fight Edahs?

If you’d be up for it, yeah! Edahs would have to be evil though, since Alask only kills those types.

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lena stared at him for a while, unsure what to reply, her surprise clearly written on her face. She hadn't expected it, not from him. Especially not from him.

"I think I could give it a try."

She replied hesitantly, it smelled like trap. Probably he only wanted to keep her close to make sure she didn't betray him. But that was alright, and maybe she could really help them for a while. That Galvris guy would make for a great experiment - she stopped herself. Maybe some others first, strangers, those troubling them. If she wanted to see if that was a place for him, she couldn't experiment on them. She could do this, restrain herself. Lena smiled at Alask, one for few honest smiles.

"Thank you."

In a quieter voice she added:

"I know my way around potions in general, not only the ones you know of. Maybe that can help. And I'm a rather useful cook."

“That’d be helpful. Laonin was our only cook before, and he’s gone. And for those who need it, potions are good.”

He paused. She had seemed surprised at his offer. Maybe she wasn’t used to being offered work? “Um,” he said quietly. “I know you like it and all, but can you please not poison us when you’re there?” He had to say it, it wasn’t that he outright distrusted her, but he knew that he was putting himself at risk by asking her to join the Forge.

And that it was possible the next time she told one of her stories, he would be the one curled on the ground in pain.

Edited by I think I am here.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Um,” he said quietly. “I know you like it and all, but can you please not poison us when you’re there?” He had to say it, it wasn’t that he outright distrusted her, but he knew that he was putting himself at risk by asking her to join the Forge.

And that it was possible the next time she told one of her stories, he would be the one curled on the ground in pain.

Lena stepped closer, spoke quietly, earnestly.

"It's beauty you know. A thrill, but mostly beauty. How everything plays together like a clockwerk, how you can change everything with a small drop, or a bit of powder."

"I won't kill you. I aim to incapacite,not to kill. It's a lot more difficult."

But that probably wasn't the right answer, he didn't care about this.

"Who is us?"

She asked instead.

58 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena stepped closer, spoke quietly, earnestly.

"It's beauty you know. A thrill, but mostly beauty. How everything plays together like a clockwerk, how you can change everything with a small drop, or a bit of powder."

"I won't kill you. I aim to incapacite,not to kill. It's a lot more difficult."

But that probably wasn't the right answer, he didn't care about this.

"Who is us?"

She asked instead.

Alask let a tiny, nervous laugh. 

“She seems fun.”

“Well, us, maybe Nekorb, and anyone else we can pick up. A guy called Amon, too,” he said. “And those two teenagers spreading those green posters, though they’re doing their own thing.”

“And, well, incapacitation is better than death, I guess?” He said, then tried switching to a different topic. “So, do you still tell stories?”

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask let a tiny, nervous laugh. 

“She seems fun.”

“Well, us, maybe Nekorb, and anyone else we can pick up. A guy called Amon, too,” he said. “And those two teenagers spreading those green posters, though they’re doing their own thing.”

“And, well, incapacitation is better than death, I guess?” He said, then tried switching to a different topic. “So, do you still tell stories?”

"I do, but I almost never make it to the end. There is so much to tell, so much happened. I like that story. There is so much pain and at the same time so much hope, friendship."

She answered.

"Mostly I tell it to myself. It's not like anybody ever heard enough parts to make sense of it."

Because she wished she could be like that Lena. Strong, brave, with friends that would die for her. But then she wasn't good at making friends. There was always that point when she ripped it apart, when she needed to try something out. And while she admired the Lena of her stories, she knew that this life wasn't for her and she was content with what she had. For every door she closed another one opened, and as long as earned enough to pay for his home and food and later education everything was fine.

"What is it like to talk to -?"

Another vague gesture to show what she meant.

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“It’s like talking to a spren, kind of.”

“I am not a spren,”

“He’s smarter than he was before, I mean, you can talk to him if you want. I can relay his messages?”

"Cool."

Fascinated Lena thought about what to say.

"Tell him thank you. For getting me out of the escalator."

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Cool."

Fascinated Lena thought about what to say.

"Tell him thank you. For getting me out of the escalator."

Alask nodded, Shez could listen himself. He paused for a moment, tilted his head slightly.

“He’s confused why you’d thank him. He says...” he paused again, to let Shez speak to him again. “He says it’s like thanking someone for breathing. Killing is what he does.” He smiled apologetically at Lena. “Sorry. Maybe it wasn’t like how you expected him to be like.”