11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb swallowed. "What... what are you going to do?"

"Ah. You know hemalurgic spikes, right?"

He grinned darkly, the spike in his eye shining. One oily black eye stared at Nekorb.

"Well, we want to see what they do... to you."

He gripped the spike, an allomantic aluminum, and stabbed it into a bindpoint, in his thigh.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Change thread? Do you have a plan?

Yup, go to the Forge and reopen it. Is it night time IC? Because if so then sleep, then try reforming the Forge, becuase it’s almost gone, discuss how to get back in influence. Lena can leave whenever she wants if she has other plans.

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Yup, go to the Forge and reopen it. Is it night time IC? Because if so then sleep, then try reforming the Forge, becuase it’s almost gone, discuss how to get back in influence. Lena can leave whenever she wants if she has other plans.

Alright.

9 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

"Ah. You know hemalurgic spikes, right?"

He grinned darkly, the spike in his eye shining. One oily black eye stared at Nekorb.

"Well, we want to see what they do... to you."

He gripped the spike, an allomantic aluminum, and stabbed it into a bindpoint, in his thigh.

Nekorb screamed. That hurt. A lot

His scream died off as the pain faded. The Investiture was pushing against his soul, trying to get in, but the wall was holding it off. He still had a spike through his leg, however. Hopefully these people knew how to properly sterilize wounds.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb screamed. That hurt. A lot

His scream died off as the pain faded. The Investiture was pushing against his soul, trying to get in, but the wall was holding it off. He still had a spike through his leg, however. Hopefully these people knew how to properly sterilize wounds.

The man nodded. Interesting. No effect? Okay.

Now to try and steal his power.

He left the spike in, uncaring of the pain. He brought out a unique one. An atium spike. He stabbed it into the man's rib cage.

@xinoehp512

Edited by Ark1002

A pulsing darkness filled the room.

Seven red orbs were the only light there.

This was a failure, then.

Bane swatted at a nearby orb, and it shied back. Growling, he found a light bulb to replace the old. At the light, the red orbs flew away, out the open window, and into the night. Strange. I wonder who will find them? He sat back, watching the scientists. They chattered between themselves, like some strange chimp. But nothing they said made sense to Bane, all some wierd science mumbo-jumbo. Something about "inverse investiture pulse" and "voidapple".

Bane continued grimacing, stomping up to a nearby scientist. "WHAT HAPPENED?" He was a dark man, violent looking.

The scientist whimpered, face pale. "It... Voidapple. Our pineapple had too much-"

Bane turned away. He didn't care.

This had been another failure. The Vortex didn't exist.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, Emperor Stick said:

Berk climbed into the jet. "I thought you just got out of prison, how did you get all this?" Berk asked.

"How do you think we got there?" The assassin asked grunting.

They took off. After a few seconds they went into stealth. 

"Greay view" the spy said.

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

The man nodded. Interesting. No effect? Okay.

Now to try and steal his power.

He left the spike in, uncaring of the pain. He brought out a unique one. An atium spike. He stabbed it into the man's rib cage.

@xinoehp512

Ouch. Can you please stop trying to kill my character? :P I'm going to assume you missed there.

Nekorb let out another scream as the spike went through his chest. Pain... so much pain.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

If you were trying to steal something, you go for the heart. Were you not trying to steal something?

Not technically true, there are bind points all over the body, but it's impossible to know where each one is until you find it. In addition, to steal something you need to pull the spike through, not just stab it and pull it back out.

To place, there's lots of bind points. But he specifically said he was stealing. You can only do that in the heart, right?

You do? I didn't know that. Are you sure?

Nekorb looked at him in disbelief. "Of course I felt something!" he gasped. "You stabbed me through the chest!"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

To place, there's lots of bind points. But he specifically said he was stealing. You can only do that in the heart, right?

You do? I didn't know that. Are you sure?

No, there are a lot of bind points in the heart, but not all of them. And yes, In order to steal something you need to rip it out the other side.

Apparently I need to reread Mistborn. I thought that Hemalurgy was supposed to result in death almost instantly, right? And not because the nature of hemalurgy killed them, because you could heal someone who had just been stabbed. If it's not in the heart, where is it?

"So be it," Azrael snarled. "But this city's blood is on your hands, not-"

A rift tore open in reality beside Azrael, and a body flew through the tear. Crow hit the ground behind Sebrial as Errant stepped through the rift, which was rapidly closing behind him. Investiture streamed from his armor in rivers of light, his helm lenses burning.

Sebrial couldn't see Azrael's face. If he could have, he wouldn't have seen a smile. Azrael never smiled. But he would have seen Azrael's face grow harder, more fierce and savage.

"Sebrial," he said, falling into a combat stance, "our business is finished here. Pray we never meet again."

@Ark1002

Yeah Hemalurgy is almost always fatal due to the damage to the spiritweb, but it's not 100%. Even if you survived though it'd be a significantly different person.

Laurelai watched the two as they left, trying to size Alask up as he walked away. Not too heavy, wouldn't need a particularly large dose, but then he had some form of spike in him, that could always cause oddities in reactions. Especially if it had caused any of his internal organs to rearrange.

Probably best to just use a neurotoxin then, no visible spikes to the head so his brain should be relatively normal.

She stood contemplating him for a minute later before the pair finally vanished from sight and she shook herself slightly. Her mind still felt a little odd from the patch job and she doubted she would need any of this knowledge in the immediate future. Placing her freehand gently over her chest she cancelled the forgery and allowed her regular memories to take hold once more.

Ugh, headache again. Need to flesh that one out a bit more if I'm going to be using it, but it seemed to be holding pretty well so it was close at least. Maybe just add some finer details.

She wandered towards a nearby Alley, musing on the improvements she could make. It seemed things were wrapping up here, she could collect information from a bit of a distance away for now.

It's not fatal because you lose spirit. If the injury from the spike is healed, then the spiritual damage is still there- and yet, you could still live.

What makes you think you could steal from other places besides the heart? Is there a scene in Mistborn that I've forgotten?