Nekorb stumbled down a hallway, sirens blaring. He was lost. Very, very lost.

He didn't even know how it had happened. One moment, he'd been with the others, the next...

"Help!" he screamed. "Can anyone hear me?"

There was no response, so he kept running. He'd find a way out eventually. He had to.

@Sorana @I think I am here.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb stumbled down a hallway, sirens blaring. He was lost. Very, very lost.

He didn't even know how it had happened. One moment, he'd been with the others, the next...

"Help!" he screamed. "Can anyone hear me?"

There was no response, so he kept running. He'd find a way out eventually. He had to.

A multitude of holes opened in the walls around him, and the ceiling above him. Fifteen hundred darts flew at him, from all sides, with enough in them to knock a chasmfiend out within five seconds.

Hey, that's not nice :P. But you didn't specify, so...

Nekorb yelped as the darts crashed into him. That hurt.

He could feel the Investiture contained within battering on his walls, but as usual, none of it got in.

He looked around wildly. This had to be a high security section of the building, if there were darts. Were there security cameras? There would have to be, right?

"Help!" he screamed. "I'm lost! I don't want any trouble! Just- I need to get out of here!"

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Another stream of the Dor and the wound vanished as though it had never been.

"But we make sure we can clean up after any messes that we cause." She concluded.

Alask nodded. That made sense. The random spikers on the streets wouldn’t even touch Alask’s when they realised what was in them. Maybe a guild had the resources to help them.

But... a guild. They weren’t a trustworthy lot anyway.

“Thanks,” Alask said.

He heard screaming in a corner or the room and he looked to see Nekorb, running from something.

“Nekorb!” Alask called out. “Get over here!”

Laurelai allowed herself to relax back, no long leaning toward Alask. His lack of follow up was a little disappointing but she wouldn't force it on him if he didn't want to, not without good reason anyway.

Would have been some nice symmetry finding a recruit in the middle of another party in the middle of collapsing though. She mused, recalling her own initiation into the DA at a Ghostblood party that had burst into confusion when the DA arrived. But still, not our primary goal here tonight. Especially as these two don't seem to be any more informed than we are as to what's going on.

They'd given her some useful information about the motives of the Marines, but outside of that they didn't seem to be too connected with what was happening here, Lena hadn't even seemed to be particularly interested in finding out anything further, and Alask seemed to have other issues that required attending to. Perhaps that was why he'd attended the party to begin with? Wondering if PlasmaCore could help him? This Nekorb that they were waiting for sounded like a more potentially useful source of information if he'd gone wandering around the building, but given some of the security in the area she wasn't entirely sure that he'd still be alive.

“Nekorb!” Alask called out. “Get over here!”

Alive it is then. Laurelai thought as she turned in the same direction, noting a figure running nearby and screaming loudly. Though possibly not in the mood to trade information right now.

"Well this looks like trouble." She said, glancing in Lena's direction. "I don't suppose your attitude towards preparedness extends to things other than the culinary?"

Laurelai couldn't afford to get wrapped up in a conflict with any large factions, not when she was here openly as a representative of the DA. But hopefully the two here could help out their friend against whatever was chasing him.

19 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb yelped as the darts crashed into him. That hurt.

He could feel the Investiture contained within battering on his walls, but as usual, none of it got in.

He looked around wildly. This had to be a high security section of the building, if there were darts. Were there security cameras? There would have to be, right?

"Help!" he screamed. "I'm lost! I don't want any trouble! Just- I need to get out of here!"

Nope. Just poison.

So, sorry, that wouldn't work. Also, itiah, he never said he was running. Luckily for me, only three were involved in the wrong line of action

@Voidus
@I think I am here. @xinoehp512

On 4/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, Invocation said:

"She can take care of herself. Burning holes in things is fun, too, but I guess I'll hold off for now," Okame said, matching steps with Lita.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:10 PM, kenod said:

Kumiko walked up to Okame and Lita, switching to Fox form. "Hey,"  she said, raising her hand, "Are we heading back?"

Suddenly, Lita felt her pocket twitch. Fine for now. Have sent word to Mac's department though they likely already knew given how extravagant this is. You did the right thing.

Lita felt her her whole body relax, only then realizing just how tightly she had been holding herself. She'd also started tapping brass unconsciously, which she eased off until it was just a trickle, keeping her warm with her tin on. Now is not the time to get sloppy, she told herself. 

"Yes," she answered the Fox woman. It was a testament to her stress level that she was barely curious about the woman's nature. "We head back for now. If Laurelai gets in trouble, I'll know. And so will plenty of others, I imagine." Others who had more than tin, brass feruchemy, and two dozen rusting thumbtacks in their arms. 

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

"Well this looks like trouble." She said, glancing in Lena's direction. "I don't suppose your attitude towards preparedness extends to things other than the culinary?"

Lena grinned.

"It does. I'm always ready for trouble."

Her hand touched a few bottles in her bag, looking for a certain one.

"And I wanted to try a new formula out anyways. I think I got it right this time."

She looked to Alask, waited to see if he would try to help non-Nekorb as well.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Ark1002 said:

He shook his head. "You are mistaken. I gave no permission."

Azrael's grip on his sword tightened.

"I will ask one more time," he said. "You will answer truthfully, or I will bombard this city until naught but ash is left. Where. Is. Crow?"

-----------------------

"Heard what you did to those kids, Horus," said a voice behind Crow.

A space marine in steel-grey armor faded into existence in front of her, a halberd in his left hand. His armor burned with psychic energy, nearly blinding in its brightness. 

"Not the worst thing you've done," he continued, seemingly unaware of the alarms going off around him as the security system struggled to respond to his presence. "But it's just another reason to kill you, brother. May the galaxy know peace after your death, traitor."

He slammed his fist into Crow's chest, and the world went white.

Teleportation magic! Crow is fine; we'll pop back into reality in a second. 

@Ark1002

Edited by Grey Knight

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Nope. Just poison.

Yeah, but poison that works by Investiture.

If Nekorb was exposed to the effects of fifteen hundred times the amount of poison needed to knock out a chasmfiend, he would be dead. I would rather my character not die, please.

Given that the dosage you are attempting to administer to my character would result in his demise, I think it's a rather important detail.:P

Why are you even trying to knock my character out in the first place? He's just a bit lost.

3 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

You'll see. I have told you it was an exaggeration. So except that and move on.

You have? I don't recall that...

So, what exactly was the exaggeration? Because even if it was just a normal dosage, it could still prove fatal if it's multiplied fifteen hundred times. Were there just much less darts than you suggest?