Ciera stood, hands clasped behind her back, on her Skimming platform of choice: a large stone platform with the Ghostbloods' symbol tiled into the center. Galvris and Cakuin stood behind her. She turned around, face calm. 

"Now," she said quietly "are you ready? We'll need to be on our toes at all times. Galvris, do you have the Well I gave you?" she gestured to her own Well, which looked like a Soulcaster. Galvris' was disguised as an usassuming belt knife.

@Vargo Seldon

Edited by Dr. Dapper

Lita stepped out of the shadowed hallway adjacent to the reception desk, Laurelai and Okame following behind her. She smoothed the front of her dress and adjusted her fur wrap, glad that she'd Alleytraveled the Horneater here in one piece. There had been a moment there when she was sure she'd taken a wrong turn, but here they were. The woman at the desk seemed utterly unphased at three people suddenly appearing, which Lita noted and filed away. She tried not to look nervous as she walked up to the desk. This was it, her first mission for the Dark Alley.

Don't rust it up Lita, the little voice in her head whispered. She pulled out her invitation, setting it on the woman's desk with a small, knowing smile. Her tin was on, and the spanreed pen was a welcome weight in the pocket of her dress. She was ready. 

"We're here for the party," Lita said. She let her smile grow a little, showing a bit of teeth. 

@Godhunter @Voidus

Edited by ZincAboutIt
a word

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

"We're here for the party," Lita said. She let her smile grow a little, showing a bit of teeth. 

Okame did his best to look loomingly intimidating, standing over the shoulder of Lita, not trusting himself to say anything, determined to follow the lead of the more experienced ones.

Just now, Godhunter said:

Okame did his best to look loomingly intimidating, standing over the shoulder of Lita, not trusting himself to say anything, determined to follow the lead of the more experienced ones.

Ha!

You didn't type his whole name, my god killing friend.

Radyn burst through the doors, cloak flowing behind him. His tattoos sparkled in the dim light. This was his kind of place.

"You guys still hiring?"he asked, his voice a deep growl.

Lita walked in the direction the woman pointed, slipping her pen out of her pocket and twirling it in an absent fashion, making sure to note the man who had passed the secretary a message. He was led elsewhere, and whatever he'd written on that paper had finally gotten a reaction out of the woman.

Important, then, Lita thought, careful to appear unconcerned about anything but the door in front of her. The others followed her into the party, which was set in an elaborate tiered room, all centered around a stage of sorts, or perhaps it was a dancefloor. Lita twisted the silky drawstrings of the little purse Laurelai had let her borrow, which contained extra vials of tin, a notebook, and sharp slender spike that looked like a stiletto dagger.

She glanced back at Okame, eager to see his reaction to this place. The representatives' platform level was at the very top of the room, giving an excellent view of the levels full of people drinking and mingling. Lita could almost taste the scheming in here. She felt her mouth curve into a wicked little smile. So many secrets. Lita slid her glasses to the end of her nose, surveying the party with tin-enhanced vision.

"Care for a drink?" she asked the Horneater as the three of them took their seats. 

@Godhunter

15 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera stood, hands clasped behind her back, on her Skimming platform of choice: a large stone platform with the Ghostbloods' symbol tiled into the center. Galvris and Cakuin stood behind her. She turned around, face calm. 

"Now," she said quietly "are you ready? We'll need to be on our toes at all times. Galvris, do you have the Well I gave you?" she gestured to her own Well, which looked like a Soulcaster. Galvris' was disguised as an usassuming belt knife.

@Vargo Seldon

Once Galvris stopped grumbling that a gateway would've been faster, he actually enjoyed the skimming.  He was getting the hang of the feeling of movement without the actual visuals of moving when Ciera addressed him.  "Yes," he responded, "I'll try not to use it at the meal."  He smiled briefly. 

@Dr. Dapper

29 minutes ago, Godhunter said:

"I do not drink," Okame said, waving the waiter and connected tray away.

Lita suppressed an eye-roll, increasing the burn of her tin for a moment and sniffing the glass of wine in her hand. She couldn't detect any poisons, and plenty of other people were drinking... Lita took a small, cautious sip, paying careful attention to her body.

"So," she said to Okame. "What do you do for fun?"

She slipped the pen out from behind her ear, twirling it as though she were bored. Not much of note had happened yet, but she figured that too much information was better than too little. A few more new people had arrived, and she described them, tin allowing her to pick out their features easily.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ciera smirked, then open the exit gateway. It led into the lobby.

"Perfect shot. Good." she stepped out of the gateway and into the lobby. Cakuin followed, knife in hand. 

Galvris also followed through the gateway, knife in hand.  He prepared a weave of fire to defend Ciera, if need be. 

——

Necromancer stepped through the open door, and cast a look into the room.  He turned to a random person, smiling, and that person jumped, spilling the drink in his hand.  Necromancer's face was perhaps the most frightening aspect of his body.  He was constantly shifting his age, his face going from grizzled veteran to a baby-faced youth in an instant.  His face was in constant flux, constantly changing, skin growing, thinning, reforming.  Hair greying, blackening, growing, shortening.  It was disconcerting to look at if one wasn't prepared.  As he walked through the room, he subtely aged everyone around him.  Everyone in his presence suddenly began to feel tired, old, creaky.  Once he passed out of range, they returned to their normal self.  He walked up to the receptionist, slowly aging her to about 74 years old.  He could only age one to within ten years of their death, where upon his power stopped abruptly.  The receptionist looked in astonishment at here wrinkled and liver-spotted hands.  Necromancer called her attention back to him when he said, "Excuse me, can you please tell me what's up with this job?"

@Dr. Dapper

@Ark1002

5 minutes ago, Godhunter said:

"Fly. Cook. Enforce laws."

Lita rolled her eyes, this time doing nothing to hide it. A real riot, this one. The wine didn't seem to be killing her yet, so she took another sip.

"Is it true that all the women in your lands have to wear gloves on one of their hands or something? Sounds absurdly inconvenient." 

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Lita rolled her eyes, this time doing nothing to hide it. A real riot, this one. The wine didn't seem to be killing her yet, so she took another sip.

"Is it true that all the women in your lands have to wear gloves on one of their hands or something? Sounds absurdly inconvenient." 

"The Vorins do. I've never understood it, but who am I to criticize what another finds comfort in? My mother would wear a glove for easy Blade access, and she was looked down upon for not having as a full sleeve. It does seem very inconvenient, but it is not my place to weigh in on that from the outside."

Lita considered this, then nodded. "I suppose that's fair enough," she said, continuing to watch the party. An idea began to form in her mind.

"The, um... spirit that's bonded to you," she asked quietly. "Can it move about the room? Listen and observe? I'm good with my tin - better than good- but there's no substitute for being right next to someone. We're here to observe, after all."

@Godhunter

7 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"The, um... spirit that's bonded to you," she asked quietly. "Can it move about the room? Listen and observe? I'm good with my tin - better than good- but there's no substitute for being right next to someone. We're here to observe, after all."

Taehia mentally snorted at the thought of sneaking around, used a common spy.

"She...does not like that idea very much."

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Godhunter