"Voidus Prime. The most powerful being left alive, first lurker of the Dark Alleys. Only rivaled by Sudiov." He put an image of the barrier breakout on the screen. "Him. It." It was a strange being, filled with spikes. "Voidus Prime is considered a god, in Voidism, the third most prominent religion in the Alleyverse, after Avatarism and something Pheonix-related."

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“By the spren that lives in the valley,” he said. A coalition of dust floated up to make an outline of his figure. Tall, and hovering off of the ground. “You can pick up some things about people when you’ve been watching for that long. How they work.” The dust outline, like a mist sprit, turned towards her. “I still haven’t figured out why people watch, though. Seems awfully boring.”

"It's better to be bored than without the ability to be bored," Eve said. Her eyes followed the dust forming a figure. It was nice to know where he was, rather than trying to guess from sound."But maybe that's just me. It's possible history shows different patterns, not that anyone around would know. Watching isn't exactly something people tend to record."

19 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

“Not neccessarily,” a voice whispered to Kumiko’s right.

A man was standing by their table. He wore dark green, with a cream tabard inscribed with eagles’ wings over the outfit. He barely seemed to notice them as he stared at the screen. 

“Those dragons... the possibilities for such a potent Investiture negator are endless...” he murmured. “And those spiked astartes... well, the possibilities are endless...”

He trailed off, seeming to notice the others for the first time.

@kenod

16 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Lita turned toward the unfamiliar woman, cocking her head. Another DA member? She thought. Likely yes, based on her choice of words. Who else would consider this kind of experimentation "boring"? 

"I'd wager there was rather less 'voluntary' cooperation than they indicate," she whispered back to the woman, smirking darkly. Lita gestured to a seat at their table. "Care to sit?"

Lita tapped one finger against her lips, a little frown creasing her brow as she watched the woman on stage speak. She understood why PlasmaCore had invited the Great Guild representatives - powerful people had deep pockets. What she couldn't quite figure was why they'd invited everyone else. It was a great expense to host a party of this size, complete with food, wine, waitstaff. And for what? Why not pour the resources into a private gathering for Guild reps only?

Lita observed the crowd down below watching the speaker with rapt attention, an itch forming between her shoulder blades. Why hadn't they consulted with the DA first? The amount of research the Alleys had produced was immense, beyond the scope of what anyone could do in a lifetime - in several lifetimes. Why not collaborate? Was it out of pride? And if so, whose pride?

Kumiko looked towards the creepy man next to her. "Well, sure," she said, sounding a bit annoyed. "But again, compared to what the alleys have it's kind of boring. I mean, even a Hazeslayer is much more effective than that dragon thing, and those have been around for what, at least seventeen years? And they're not even that good compared to what is stored in some of the other alleys apparently."

She sat down at the table with the other DA members. Resting her head on her arms she continued talking in a bored tone. "I mean, I guess some people here might find it impressing? But I'm not quite sure why it's important enough that we should be here. It's crowded here, hot and well, just plain boring. I mean, if there was something interesting here it would be something else, but I can't understand why we'd have to attend the presentation for some third-rate science fair project. I kind of want to just go and kill everyone here, get these 'volunteers' and ask them if they want to leave with us. At least it would break the monotony."

The room Fred entered was empty except for one man, who lounged on a tabletop, facing the far wall. Fred knew the man. The man was hardly unnoticeable, with his seven-foot height and metal left half.

In a whirring of gears, Vesuvius looked back at Fred and grinned, his metal lips curling up mechanically.

"I know you, pewterarm," Vesuvius said, his voice twisted into a snarl despite his smile. "Or, should I say, pewtermouth,"

Fred yelped, but when he tried to speak, no intelligent sounds escaped his mouth. He flared pewter immediately, and spun away, turning back towards the door. Fred had outrun the man before. Fred could do it again. The last thing he wanted was to be in a room alone with Vesuvius.

Fred could understand the metal man's anger. He knew why the man wanted him. He had to ge-

He took a single step towards the door, and something hard and dull smacked into the back of his skull. Fred fell forward, unconscious.

Just now, Ark1002 said:
2 hours ago, kenod said:

I mean, even a Hazeslayer is much more effective than that dragon thing

The bias is strong in this one

:P

I mean, we're talking about a DA character. Basically any Investure experiment done by PlasmaCore will be considered boring and useless by a more experienced DA member.

4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Yes, but the comparison being used is terrible and biased, and not true

Why? They both get rid of Investure, but Hazekillers are also a lot more deadly in combat.

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

It's a literal dragon...

Alright, I thought it was just an oversized Larkin, about twice as big as a normal human.

(If they are much larger than that, how do they even survive given the Square-Cube law?)

9 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Gravitation, iron feruchemy, a gemheart, etc.

plenty of options

I'm not entirely sure how a creature that eats Investure can use active Investure, but sure, lets go with that.

So how big are the Larkin-Dragons in that case?

Nultūk walked around a corner, looking quite confused. His feet moved silently along the cobblestones as he strided forward. As he moved, he began to ponder if it was wise coming here, whatever this place was anyways... He continued forward, searching for anyone who looked like they knew where they were, someone with answers.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

4 hours ago, kenod said:

She sat down at the table with the other DA members. Resting her head on her arms she continued talking in a bored tone. "I mean, I guess some people here might find it impressing? But I'm not quite sure why it's important enough that we should be here. It's crowded here, hot and well, just plain boring. I mean, if there was something interesting here it would be something else, but I can't understand why we'd have to attend the presentation for some third-rate science fair project. I kind of want to just go and kill everyone here, get these 'volunteers' and ask them if they want to leave with us. At least it would break the monotony."

Lita shrugged, rather agreeing with the young woman on that first count. It was rather underwhelming, if one knew what went on in the Alleys. She'd barely just joined up, and even she realized that. The hijcaked emergency announcement, however, was quite intriguing.

"Is anyone in this room going to mention the violent anarchist criminal and his two rogue companions who are, apparently, going to doom us all and 'restore the balance'?" Lita whispered. "Or are our hosts going to simply pretend that their slideshow isn't being overtaken by the emergency network, and continue to ask for funding?"

She took a sip of wine, rolling her eyes. The Mastermind. It was all well and good to have a few aliases, but making up theatrical names for oneself was rather ridiculous, unless of course you could back them up. I've a feeling we'll all find out soon enough.

Edited by ZincAboutIt

18 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Lita shrugged, rather agreeing with the young woman on that first count. It was rather underwhelming, if one knew what went on in the Alleys. She'd barely just joined up, and even she realized that. The hijcaked emergency announcement, however, was quite intriguing.

"Is anyone in this room going to mention the violent anarchist criminal and his two rogue companions who are, apparently, going to doom us all and 'restore the balance'?" Lita whispered. "Or are our hosts going to simply pretend that their slideshow isn't being overtaken by the emergency network, and continue to ask for funding?"

She took a sip of wine, rolling her eyes. The Mastermind. It was all well and good to have a few aliases, but making up theatrical names for oneself was rather ridiculous, unless of course you could back them up. I've a feeling we'll all find out soon enough.

I'll answer those questions if you tell me where you are. 

16 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

“This world gets threats like that weekly,” the bald man said.. “I’m not impressed, personally. But those experiments, if they can be produced more cheaply than what the DA are using... Those could make this operation almost worth it.”

He scratched his chin absently, still staring at the slideshow. He hadn’t looked once at them while he spoke.

@ZincAboutIt

42 minutes ago, Lord Meeker said:

@I think I am here. 

A woman hummed joyfully as she strode down the hall. She wore a lab coat and a badge that had no picture but read temporary under her name. He knocked on the lab door and poked her head inside.

"Hello could you tell me where I can get a permanent badge?"

I don’t know why you mentioned me in particular, but ok.

“Maybe you should talk to the host?” Alask shrugged and stuck a thumb towards Sebrial.

@Ark1002