35 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb sighed and looked down the hallway. "I don't know," he admitted. "He seemed interested, but then he ran off." He turned back. "They probably have scientists or something, right? Someone who could tell me what's up with my ability."

"Probably. But I wouldn't do it in your place, but then, who am I to tell you what to do. I simply don't like people like,"

She made a gesture indicating the room, the bling,

"That."

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

Sebrial had turned around, having heard from the monitors, just in time to hear "I simply don't like people like that."

He looked at her. "Well. Very kind there, aren't you."

@Sorana

Lena raised an eyebrow at him.

"Kind? Me? That's a new one."

43 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

He chuckled. "If you wish, I can show you the rest of the building."

He pointed around. " 'That' is only to impress guild representatives."

@Sorana

"Can these two can come along as well?"

She gestured towards Alask and Nekorb.

18 hours ago, Sorana said:

"And we can leave unharmed whenever we wish to?"

She asked and looked at Nekorb and Alask to see if they wanted to come along.

Alask thought about following them, finally nodding.

“Sounds good to me,” he said, looking around once more.

“There are more,”

More what, Shez?

“More.”

On 4/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, I think I am here. said:

“You can point your head in any direction, it won’t really matter.”

Her eyes followed the dust before settling back on the people in the room. 

For the time being, whatever the voice was didn't seem to be threatening. Merely...curious. She still was the slightest bit on edge though, just not as much as normal.

"Why do you watch?"

16 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“To see how they act, who they are really.” And then, he would make them notice him. “And you, why do you watch? I think I know the answer, but it wouldn’t hurt to get an answer.”

"I don't know." But she did. She watched because she knew she couldn't trust them. She watched because she wanted to stop them before they could cause others to suffer like she had. She watched because you were supposed to keep your enemies closer than your friends. Because that's what they were to an extent. Her enemies.

Eve slid down the wall to sit on the floor and let out a sigh of her own. "I watch...because that's what they taught me to do."

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

“Fair enough,” the Haunt replied, and went silent once more. “No one taught me to watch. I was forced to. For three hundred years.”

"By whom?" she asked. It was easier to talk now that the focus was off of herself. "And why?"

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask thought about following them, finally nodding.

“Sounds good to me,” he said, looking around once more.

“There are more,”

More what, Shez?

“More.”

She grabbed some food from a waiter and then grinned at Alask.

"It will be fun."

Lena looked back at the man in front of her.

"After you?"

@Ark1002

==============

@Lord Meeker

Edited by Sorana

11 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

He gestured for them to follow, and walked out the front of the party, to an elevator, which he opened, clicking the second floor button.

@Sorana @I think I am here. @xinoehp512

Lena followed him, looking around interestedly. She made sure, she could remember a possible way out, windows, doors, emergency exits.

"So, if you're looking for those with interesting types of investiture, what can you do?"

She asked their host. It couldn't hurt to know, and if he declined, that would tell her a lot as well. As long as he had no idea about Alask everything was fine.

@xinoehp512

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

Every tv and radio immediately turned to a emergency channel.

"This is an important announcement. A prisoner has broken out of a maximum security, solitary confinement, death row containment facility. The nature of the breakout is still unknown. The man in question is only referred to as the Mastermind. Information on this dangerous being is scarce. He us said to be the leader of a group called Singularity. Its symbol is a stylized black hole. Please be sure to report any suspicious activity to the authorities. This have been an emergency announcement."

Edited by Lord Meeker

Lita stopped short on her second circuit of the lower level of the room, looking at the newly-illuminated large screen behind the stage. She quickly relayed the message with her pen, then searched the crowd for Okame. The Horneater was still up on the representative platform, looming awkwardly.

Laurelai still seemed preoccupied with her own objectives, and Lita didn't wish to interfere. Instead, she made her way back towards the platform, weaving through the party and catching a glimpse of the host disappearing out of the party room trailed by Lena and her companions from before.

Curious, Lita thought, suppressing the urge to follow the group. Terrible idea, Lita. One of your worst. She was here to observe and report, not snoop around the back hallways of a secret commercial lab with zero reinforcement and combat experience. Instead, she twirled her pen, noting who was going where. When she finally reached to top platform she was a tad winded from all the steps.

"Rusts, I clearly need to exercise a little more," she said under her breath, filling her brassminds to keep herself from flushing and sweating. 

"So," she said to Okame. "Apparently there is some mad criminal running amok in the city."

As if there weren't enough of those already

@Invocation

Edited by ZincAboutIt