7 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I had to use it earlier."

Lena packed the pot away, unlocked the door and then hesitated.

"Do you plan to work for them?"

Alask thought about it for a second, then shook his head.

“No, this seems too much like a guild to me, too much like a corporation instead of something I can feel a part of. It’ll probably follow into the trap most guilds do, to be honest.”

He looked to her.

“You?”

Edited by I think I am here.

The people had since walked off. She'd caught sight of one the people she'd met with before, Alask. At least she was pretty sure that was his name. It had been a while. He probably didn't even remember her. Eve was the type of person that was either remembered vividly or forgotten completely, all dependent on the first impression. 

Her past few days hopefully were of the first. May, Frine, Zeken and countless others. People living under propped up tarps. No working plumbing. She wanted to believe they'd remember her. As an equal who happened to leave behind a bunch of green papers though. Nothing more. Because that's all she was. Someone ordinary with extraordinarily bad luck who wanted to help out others. 

Eve sighed softly. Bad luck wasn't strictly true. She had Light, even if the girl hadn't responded to any messages in a bit. There was probably some family thing going on. There were a lot of those by the Acutes.

Either way, nothing now could change the past. She was here at Light's request without any more instruction than "show up to it, please." Was she supposed to offer funding? Three full inheritances meant she was rich, but there was no storming way she'd actually ever spend a broam of it on Investiture research. Unless it were researching how to rid the Cosmere of it. That she would finance to the most of her ability. Except PlasmaCore didn't appear to be on that side of the spectrum. More of the enthusiast sort.

A shame really. It would have made her time there more beneficial than what she was doing currently. 

Standing. At the edge of a room in silence. Watching everyone's move.

15 minutes ago, Silva said:

Standing. At the edge of a room in silence. Watching everyone's move.

“I like watching people too,” came a whisper, from thin air. The Haunt has found the other conversation to be getting boring, quickly.

But now, here was someone who was interesting. He could take that, at least.

“But maybe for a different reason than you.”

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“But maybe for a different reason than you.”

"I like watching people too," someone whispered.

Eve looked around to try to identify where the voice was coming from. Except there was no one in close proximity. 

It's the stress. she thought. You're imagining it.

"But maybe for a different reason than you," the voice continued.

There was still no one in nearby. The imagination theory was the more realistic one to accept. 

A part of her didn't want to though. The chance that it wasn't her hearing things was a pleasant thought.

"Where are you?" she asked softly, giving in to the part of her. If it were her imagination, it would be better to not talk to herself loudly. But if it wasn't, she'd like to know where exactly this thing or being was.

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask thought about it for a second, then shook his head.

“No, this seems too much like a guild to me, too much like a corporation instead of something I can feel a part of. It’ll probably follow into the trap most guilds do, to be honest.”

He looked to her.

“You?”

"They want people with investiture."

She laughed.

"And I'm bad at following rules, accepting that someone can decide on the course of my life."

"So no, I won't work for them, not a chance."

Leaning over to him she added quietly.

"You should be careful. If they noticed, you're game."

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Leaning over to him she added quietly.

"You should be careful. If they noticed, you're game."

Alask nodded. “I’ll just keep my hand in my pocket,” he said, looking towards the faucet. “And if they ever wonder who did that, they sure won’t be checking the men,” he smiled and walked near the door.

“But I agree. Flickering eyes, shadows, all of it sure could’ve been seen by more than us.” He gulped. “I guess we’ll just have to hope it wasn’t.”

14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask nodded. “I’ll just keep my hand in my pocket,” he said, looking towards the faucet. “And if they ever wonder who did that, they sure won’t be checking the men,” he smiled and walked near the door.

“But I agree. Flickering eyes, shadows, all of it sure could’ve been seen by more than us.” He gulped. “I guess we’ll just have to hope it wasn’t.”

Lena opened the door and stepped outside. She paused when she saw Nekorb and Sebrial close by. That was a bad sign and it meant the situation just got exciting.

"We might need a cover story."

She grinned at Alask and stepped to the side, to let him leave the room.

"It seems like they followed us."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Lena opened the door and stepped outside. She paused when she saw Nekorb and Sebrial close by. That was a bad sign and it meant the situation just got exciting.

"We might need a cover story."

She grinned at Alask and stepped to the side, to let him leave the room.

"It seems like they followed us."

“What sort of cover story?” Alask whispered, then stepped outside. “There’s not many options for me entering the women’s bathroom with you.”

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“What sort of cover story?” Alask whispered, then stepped outside. “There’s not many options for me entering the women’s bathroom with you.”

Lena laughed.

"Just wanted to give you the possibility to go with something your comfortable with. I don't care about gossip or my reputation."

On 12/04/2019 at 8:44 PM, Sorana said:

Lena laughed.

"Just wanted to give you the possibility to go with something your comfortable with. I don't care about gossip or my reputation."

Alask laughed nervously in response, walking forward to the two people. He did. “Oh, hey Nekorb, and good morning, sir,” he said, nodding to Nekorb and the host. Lying. He could lie.

“Don’t mind me, I was just walking to the bathroom when I accidentally entered the women’s bathroom,” he laughed a bit out of nervousness, disguising it as embarrassment. “But Lena here told me I was in the wrong place, so there’s that.” He looked to both of them, smiling. “How about you?”

@xinoehp512

@Ark1002

On 12/04/2019 at 8:28 AM, Silva said:

A part of her didn't want to though. The chance that it wasn't her hearing things was a pleasant thought.

"Where are you?" she asked softly, giving in to the part of her. If it were her imagination, it would be better to not talk to herself loudly. But if it wasn't, she'd like to know where exactly this thing or being was.

This one didn’t seem to dismiss him as easily as the others.

“Here. Around.”

A small pile of dust moved as if blown by non-existent wind.

He hovered and swirled around her like a ghost, speaking to her from all directions.

“You can point your head in any direction, it won’t really matter.”

@Silva

Edited by I think I am here.

Sebrial sighed and rubbed his nose.

Alask, shade spike. Don't know the other.

Well, hope they had fun in there, cause I can't let that happen again.

"Right. Please stay out of the woman's bathroom in the future."

Sebrial is an interesting person :P

5 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Wait, so would he already be told this by the bathroom-camera-people? Because if so then woah, that’s some fast intel.

6 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Sebrial sighed and rubbed his nose.

Well, hope they had fun in there, cause I can't let that happen again.

"Right. Please stay out of the woman's bathroom in the future."

“Got it sir,” Alask said, and looked at Nekorb, waving a bit with his good hand, the bandaged one hidden in his pocket.

Nekorb turned around as the pair walked out of the bathroom. He listened as Alask gave his excuse. It was obviously false; he'd seen them walk in together, after all. Alask was hiding something, likely related to that ghostly form he'd seen on the day of the fight in the streets.

Whatever it was, it was dangerous. Nekorb could understand why he wanted to keep it hidden. So he didn't challenge Alask's fib. Instead, he returned the smile. "I was looking for you. I don't know how to get from here back to the Forge, and so..."

Sebrial walked away, speaking into an earpiece as he wandered towards the stage.

Wasn't what he was assuming.

But, unfortunately, Georgia kept those records she took

He stole them :P

Edited by Ark1002

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb turned around as the pair walked out of the bathroom. He listened as Alask gave his excuse. It was obviously false; he'd seen them walk in together, after all. Alask was hiding something, likely related to that ghostly form he'd seen on the day of the fight in the streets.

Whatever it was, it was dangerous. Nekorb could understand why he wanted to keep it hidden. So he didn't challenge Alask's fib. Instead, he returned the smile. "I was looking for you. I don't know how to get from here back to the Forge, and so..."

Nekorb seemed to believe the lie, interestingly enough.

“Oh, yeah, I know the way, did you want to leave right now?”

Nekorb sighed and looked down the hallway. "I don't know," he admitted. "He seemed interested, but then he ran off." He turned back. "They probably have scientists or something, right? Someone who could tell me what's up with my ability."