Well, Itiah, thanks for ruining our faucet :P

And, uh, there is cameras in there, though monitored by only women.

They have serious trust issues.

Sebrial let his eyes look over her, feet to head. She wasn't bad.

I need to convince them. Somehow. The DA is perfect.

He nodded respectfully, trying to keep his eyes from... wandering.

"There will be a bit more, in a small while."

His eyes fell on the pen. The movements were... strange. Almost... like... letters...

Is this some sort of new fabrial? A one way spanreed?

"That's a nice pen. May I see it?"

@ZincAboutIt

11 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

His eyes fell on the pen. The movements were... strange. Almost... like... letters...

Alleycant wouldn't spell out letters, it's designed to look exactly like the random twirling of a pen.

Infact, most people when they twirl a pen say something in Alleycant. The message makes no sense, but they do say something.

17 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

"That's a nice pen. May I see it?"

@ZincAboutIt

Lita watched the man's eyes follow the movements of her pen, catching the small glint of clever greed that sparked there.

Rusts, she thought, keeping her face neutral. Rusting ruinous hells.

She smiled at the man, resisting the urge to run to the nearest shadowed hallway and scarper it back to the Alleys.

Don't be a fool, she thought, still smiling. What's he going to do, assault you for it? What kind of funding would he expect from us after that?

Lita held up the pen between two fingers and let a soft laugh trip merrily into the silence, lacing it with just a bit of contempt. "I daresay you've already seen it, or you wouldn't be asking," she said, then slipped the pen back into her pocket after a moment. "What kind of scientists would we be if we didn't have quality writing implements? You never know when you'll come across something interesting that just needs to be noted down."

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"Must you act like a child? Petty wordplay, when you know full well what I wish."

Insulting the potential benefactors? :P 

Spoiler

Image result for bold move cotton

Lita arched her brow at the man. "You're right of course, I should have been more direct. The answer to your question is , 'no, you may not.'"

She crossed her arms, stepping a little further back from the host and accentuating the distance. "And while we're being direct, let's go over the last few hours, shall we? You invite us to this party under nebulous circumstances, ply us with food and wine - which, to your credit, is lovely - then, when we're fairly bursting with curiosity, you show us what amounts to a glorified slideshow and bandy about some high-level buzzwords like 'Investiture' and 'fame.' You'll tell us more, so you say, if we invest a hereto-unspecified amount of money in your company. Then, you demand that your potential benefactors hand over their personal possessions to sate your own minor curiosity."

Lita swirled her glass and met the man's eyes. "Is that about the cut of it?"

Kumiko stood in the distance, watching the other DA members. Grabbing a drink from one of the waiters she kept to one of the corners, trying to avoid attention. She focused, sensing for how long she would be able to keep using the power she got of KanMien. Two more hours at maximum, she found out. After that she'd have to drop the disguise. She sighed, hoping the event would be over before then.

Nekorb sighed and put his hand down. It didn't seem like anyone was going to call on him. He turned to face Alask-

And found him gone, along with Lena. Where had they gotten off to?

He scanned the crowd. His eyes fell on Lena as she disappeared around a corner, following Alask. Where we they headed off to?

He started pushing through the crowd, following the pair.

The host nodded. "I apologize. I meant no offense, Ma'am. I was just asking."

Ooh, 'ma'am,' Lita thought, I could get used to that one.

Lita let her features soften a little at his deference, though her posture lost none of its iron. "Well, I can hardly fault a fellow for seeking knowledge. We're all questing for truth, each in their own way, are we not? Suffice it to say that you have our attention. I'll need to speak further with my colleagues and, of course, my superiors on matters of coin. Please, excuse us."

With a small smile and a slight nod she turned away from the man, leaving him to speak with the Ghostblood reps. Lita scanned the room for Laurelai, eager to discuss the conversation and any further plans of action. On her way through the crowd she snagged a little plate of vol-au-vents from a roving waiter, popping one into her mouth and chewing. Spinach and artichokeDelicious.

Where is Laurelai?

@Voidus

Galvris followed the coversation closely.  By noting the Plasmacore man's behavior, he was glad he was in the void.  He had a feeling that the DA women would have probably gotten to him.  "I'm sorry to interrupt," Galvris broke in, "But I agree more or less with the DA women."  His voice was cold, flat, emotionless.  One could believe he was a monster with his power, his expression, and his voice.  "I have no authority, and you'll have to ask Ciera for the final ruling, but if the Ghostbloods are going to back your organization, we need to see some hard proof."  His steel gaze swept the room, and he continued, "I could give you my personal backing.  My funds are vast from my time as a vigilante.  My power is immense (1260 points without epic power or weakness), and will surely be a great aid to you.  However, I won't support a listing structure.  So give me a good showing."

@Ark1002 @Dr. Dapper

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

He started pushing through the crowd, following the pair.

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He turned. just in time to see Nekorb put down his hand, and rush off.

So, of course, he in turn followed, a small distance behind.

:P They will find Lena and Alask alone in the women’s bathroom. That might look... interesting.

Alask thought about  Lena’s words, and showed her his damaged hand.

On the palm there was a burn mark in the shape of a faucet, it was charred black but there was no blood.

“It’s not a normal burn,” he mentioned. “It’ll heal in a couple hours.” He looked to the silver faucet, now black. “That won’t, though.”

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask thought about  Lena’s words, and showed her his damaged hand.

On the palm there was a burn mark in the shape of a faucet, it was charred black but there was no blood.

“It’s not a normal burn,” he mentioned. “It’ll heal in a couple hours.” He looked to the silver faucet, now black. “That won’t, though.”

"But it hurts."

She observed and looked through her bag, taking a small pot out.

"It will help, numb the pain."

She explained and offered it to him.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"But it hurts."

She observed and looked through her bag, taking a small pot out.

"It will help, numb the pain."

She explained and offered it to him.

Alask looked at the pot, and then to her. And then back at the pot. He remembered how she said she wouldn’t kill him, at least and he slowly took the pot in his good hand. “So, do I just pour it on?” He asked, holding it above the burnt hand. It pulsed with pain every few seconds and Alask gasped every time it did.

Edited by I think I am here.

31 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask looked at the pot, and then to her. And then back at the pot. He remembered how she said she wouldn’t kill him, at least and he slowly took the pot in his good hand. “So, do I just pour it on?” He asked, holding it above the burnt hand. It pulsed with pain every few seconds and Alask gasped every time it did.

Lena took pot and opened it for him. Inside was a salve, which smelled softly like camomille with a touch of citrus. She smiled fondly at the smell, adding some citrus oil had been a good decision. It didn't interfer with the rest and it smelled nice.

"Apply it carefully, not too thick, not too thin. You should wash your other hand afterwards or it will go numb as well."

She instructed. He'd hesitated, the chance that he would let her do it was small, so she didn't even offer. The salve was harmless enough that he would be fine, even if he got the dosage wrong.

"But maybe let me open the faucet."

She placed the pot on the lavatory next to him and then fetched a bandage out of her bag.

"To cover it. If you don't want to end up smearing the salve everywhere."

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"Apply it carefully, not too thick, not too thin. You should wash your other hand afterwards or it will go numb as well."

She instructed. He'd hesitated, the chance that he would let her do it was small, so she didn't even offer. The salve was harmless enough that he would be fine, even if he got the dosage wrong.

"But maybe let me open the faucet."

She placed the pot on the lavatory next to him and then fetched a bandage out of her bag.

"To cover it. If you don't want to end up smearing the salve everywhere."

“Thanks,” Alask said and scooped a little of it in his hand, slowly going over the burn and twitching when it touched. He applies a little too much, but it looked fine to him. Quickly he wrapped the bandage around his hand, squishing the mixture more against his palm. Nothing bad had happened. Alask smiled. When Lena came with him and Nekorb to the Forge, there would Sure Ben a lot of people who’d benefit from things like this.

“Thank you,” he said again, looking around. “Lucky you were able to find the bathroom in such a large building. I was lost for sure.”

22 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Thanks,” Alask said and scooped a little of it in his hand, slowly going over the burn and twitching when it touched. He applies a little too much, but it looked fine to him. Quickly he wrapped the bandage around his hand, squishing the mixture more against his palm. Nothing bad had happened. Alask smiled. When Lena came with him and Nekorb to the Forge, there would Sure Ben a lot of people who’d benefit from things like this.

“Thank you,” he said again, looking around. “Lucky you were able to find the bathroom in such a large building. I was lost for sure.”

"I had to use it earlier."

Lena packed the pot away, unlocked the door and then hesitated.

"Do you plan to work for them?"

Gah, sorry. Been having internet problems.

Nekorb followed the pair down a hallway, around a corner, and through a set of double doors. As he turned the final corner, he saw them disappear through a door. He walked up to it- and then stopped. The women's bathroom? What were they doing in there.

He paused for a moment to think, and heard footsteps behind him. He turned around, facing the approaching stranger.