11 minutes ago, Voidus said:

You'll hear no objection from me! :P 

Lita turned, making sure that Laurelai was still within earshot. She didn't much like having her back to the majority of the party, so she edged around until she was angled halfway between the Ghostbloods and the balcony. What was Laurelai doing with that server? Seducing him?

Lita felt herself grin. She'd pay good money to see that.

"Whoever's running PlasmaCore is putting a lot of stock into our collective curiosity, and I have to say it's rather working. Rust and ruin but I do want to know what it is they're really up to."

I like the slogan, personally :P

Sebastian approached the DA and the GBs slowly. Dark Alley was dangerous, due more respect. Ghostbloods... they had some power. So he would be respectful. He bowed sightly as he walked up to them.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you have enjoyed my presentation so far."

His cheerful grin was ruined slightly by the blue skin and the scarred eye.

2 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

What are you, some kind of blue racist?!? We of the DA are accepting of ALL people’s, regardless of chromatic inclination or number of heads.

22 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Lita turned at the voice, turning up her tin a bit and pulling the charm back into her smile.

Ah, the illustrious host approaches. His smile seemed genuinely cheerful, though genuine cheer was no guarantee of good intentions. Lita flashed a rather genuine grin of her own at the Koloss-blooded fellow. Tin let her catch the slight dip in his eyes as he turned toward her and Okame.

Respectful, she mused. Intimidated, or just polite? Or both? 

"You certainly know how to pique a lady's curiosity," Lita said, raising her glass of wine at the man. "Mixing Investiture is, as I'm sure you know, a rather large portion of our own endeavors. Suffice it to say you have our attention."

She slipped the tiniest edge into that last remark, mostly because she figured he'd expect it. Not for the first time, she wished for her father's gift of emotional allomancy.

"I'm sorry," Lita continued, "but I don't believe I caught your name?" She extended a hand to the man, letting her wrap slide up her arm and reveal the neat rows of spikes in her forearms. She was part of the DA, and that meant hemalurgy. Might as well let the little she had work in her favor and make an impression.

Galvris followed the conversation closely.  He had immersed himself in the void about halfway through so he wouldn't be overtly influenced by his emotions.  "Yes mixed investiture is a curiosity," Galvris said, "I myself am a bit mixed.  Courtesy of visiting two worlds."  He took a ball of fire in one hand and a ball of energy in another.  "Quite useful when one doesn't work."  He let them both dissipate.  

"So what exactly is it that you're doing?" He asked the blue man, "Are you using hemalurgy?  Forgery?  Or something completely new?"

@Ark1002 @restofgroup

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"It has certainly been interesting," Okame smiled. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the way you are attempting to mix Investiture. Is it just through breeding, or are we doing it...the messy way?"

13 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Is it just through breeding, or are we doing it...the messy way?"

Spoiler

Related image

Lita blinked once and resisted the urge to turn and stare at Okame, instead using the pause to take another, fortifying sip of wine.

All the subtlety of a sledgehammer, that one.

32 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Lita blinked once and resisted the urge to turn and stare at Okame, instead using the pause to take another, fortifying sip of wine.

All the subtlety of a sledgehammer, that one.

Both would be fun. Also, subtlety is overrated when you're a massive Horneater who can burn stuff and fly.

The man chuckled. "You mistake us. We do not mean mixing powers within a body." He stroked his chin. "Though, now that I think of it, breeding might be..." He trailed off, a light grin appearing on his face.

The man chuckled. "You mistake us. We do not mean mixing powers within a body." He stroked his chin. "Though, now that I think of it, breeding might be..." He trailed off, a light grin appearing on his face.

Charming. Lita drew her hand back slowly, smile straightening into a bit of a grimace.

”Well,” she said, swirling her glass of wine with a practiced hand, “it’s hardly my place to judge what a man does in his leisure time. However, if you’re not mixing Investiture within a body, then what are you doing?”

Alask hadn’t been listening to the current development of conversation. He was sweating, instead.

Fire-kindlers. Two of them.”

Shez, you know I do-

“We need to KILL THEM!”

Alask’s body suddenly lurched forward against his will, forced to by Shez in his body. Alask gained a hold on a nearby table, forcing himself back in control, though he was twitching slightly as Shez tried to escape.

Things were easier without this Bond.”

Yeah, you would kill whoever you want.

Because they broke the RULES!”

Alask hugged himself with his arms, black smokelike tendrils appearing and dissapearing in a flash. He needed to get to someplace private. Now.

—-*-—

The Haunt swirled as the host approached them.

“Your research sounds interesting,” he whispered into the host’s ear. “But I doubt you’d be able to match what has already been done.”

Eve stood with her back pressed to a wall. No one had noticed her and she wasn't about to try to change that. Besides for the practical reasons of invisibility, she also probably looked a mess. It was useful for gaining the trust of the Homeless, but otherwise not so much.

Her eyes and ears were glued on the host. The man talking about Investiture. She narrowed her eyes.

"Though, now that I think of it, breeding might be..." the man trailed off.

People were selectively breeding. To strengthen it. The thought made her feel sick.

Not everyone is like you, Eve. she told herself. Not everyone thinks of it the way you do.

Either way it was wrong. Light should have known better than to send her. Ought to have. But her friend sometimes forgot about Eve's history. Most of the time it was a good thing - she treated her like she treated everyone. It was just when it caused her to end up to be surrounded by them that it was an issue.

She swallowed. She wouldn't let her digust show. She wouldn't. At least...she'd try. 

5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"Ah, so you are attempting to make a spren or something similar, yes? Only differing Investiture, if I understand correctly, then put the resulting being to use, correct?

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Nekorb raised his hand, a little uncertainly. Would someone call on him? It looked like the man was busy up front.

@Ark1002

Bit late for that, he's no longer on the stage.

Sebrial paused, regarding the three who had spoken. One would get answers later, if she could have them. The Haunt- that needed an answer. And the strange Horneater. He would answer that as well.

So, grinning, he let his voice come out, to The Haunt.

"Yes, Haunt, that is true. Which is why we're trying to hire that already done work."

He paused.

"And, yes, I know who you are. We keep profiles on interesting people like you. Especially you."

Then, his voice commanding, but not demanding, leaving no room for argument, he moved on.

To the Horneater man.

"Yes, spren. That would, and will, be a major part of it. I can explain more to those," he paused, "who fund us."

Yes, I need to make sure they remember that. I want funding.

@I think I am here. @Invocation

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask hugged himself with his arms, black smokelike tendrils appearing and dissapearing in a flash. He needed to get to someplace private. Now.

Lena froze and then cursed under her breath. She rushed over to Alask, grabbed his arm. He had changed, but as he had kept her secret, she guessed he would prefer if his stayed secret as well.

"Come."

She told him and pulled him with her, to the only place she could think of where there might be no security cameras. The woman's bathroom.

I can explain more to those," he paused, "who fund us."

"Of course," Lita said, still smiling, though a bit of irritation weaseled its way into her voice. "I'm guessing this is an investment opportunity, with shareholding options, the ability to commission and retain rights on discoveries and the like?"

She dipped her chin, pouting her lips a bit and giving a delicate sigh. "I do so hate discussing money at parties - so gauche. But, needs must. If all we get out of investing in PlasmaCore are a few secrets, well, I'm afraid you'll need to give us a bit more of a tidbit than that. I can't speak for the Ghostbloods, but if it's secrets I want, we've got alleys full back at HQ." Lita flashed the host a wicked little smile.

"Forgive us for not throwing handfuls of Chrysts at your feet, my good man, but I'm hardly the hand that holds the purse strings. This is a business venture, not a charity." She took another sip of wine. "So, incentivize me."

Casually, she slipped her pen back out of her pocket, tapping the end against her mouth and giving it the odd twirl, careful to keep her eyes on the host's face.

As I suspected, she sent to Laurelai, we've been shown the first act, but we have to pay to see the end. How badly do we want this information? I'm assuming we have absurd amounts of money if the size of your closet back in the Alleys is any indication, but how much flash can I blind this fellow with? 

She thought for a moment, giving the speaker a once-over and taking another sip of wine while continuing to twirl and click her pen idly. I could probably seduce something out of him, though I'd definitely need an advance bonus if that's the way you want to play it.

@Voidus

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lena froze and then cursed under her breath. She rushed over to Alask, grabbed his arm. He had changed, but as he had kept her secret, she guessed he would prefer if his stayed secret as well.

"Come."

She told him and pulled him with her, to the only place she could think of where there might be no security cameras. The woman's bathroom.

Alask let himself be pulled, focusing on calming Shez. When they arrived he looked around, and realized they were in a bathroom, but not one he was used to.

"Did you take me to the women's bathroom?" Alask laughed slightly and his eyes flickered green and red like broken Christmas lights. Finding the mirror he looked at himself and found he didn't look too unusual, only a few flickers of darkness here and there, and of course, the glowing eyes. Meanwhile, Shez growled, sending shocks down his spikes.

"It's fine," he said to Lena. "It just takes a while, but I can calm him."

Shez, you need to shut up and start behaving.

"THEY BRO-"

Broke the Rules? Yeah, but we can kill other firestarters later. Remember our deal?

"But, they're right there.."

Still, Shez. We'll kill more later. Hell, I'll let you kill five.

"I'm just learning promises, but you promise?"

I promise.

"Grrrr, I agree. Just let me let out some anger."

A hand of Alask's suddenly turned dark with tendrils streaming from it. It punched into a wall next to the mirror and made an imprint. After that, however slowly, the abnormalities began to subside.

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

"Did you take me to the women's bathroom?" Alask laughed slightly and his eyes flickered green and red like broken Christmas lights. Finding the mirror he looked at himself and found he didn't look too unusual, only a few flickers of darkness here and there, and of course, the glowing eyes. Meanwhile, Shez growled, sending shocks down his spikes.

"It's fine," he said to Lena. "It just takes a while, but I can calm him."

Lena laughed. Right. Maybe the other bathroom would have been better.

"No cameras in a bathroom. Or they are some kind of perverts, which I wouldn't rule out right now. But still, it was the best place I could think of."

She locked the door and then kept her distance, waited until he or rather the shade slowly calmed down. Her hand closed around a small bottle in her bag, if he lost control it was too late, but still she felt better with some poison ready to use.

"How do you calm him?"

She asked mostly to cover her fear, tried unsuccessfully to keep up her usual laughing appearance.

34 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena laughed. Right. Maybe the other bathroom would have been better.

"No cameras in a bathroom. Or they are some kind of perverts, which I wouldn't rule out right now. But still, it was the best place I could think of."

She locked the door and then kept her distance, waited until he or rather the shade slowly calmed down. Her hand closed around a small bottle in her bag, if he lost control it was too late, but still she felt better with some poison ready to use.

"How do you calm him?"

She asked mostly to cover her fear, tried unsuccessfully to keep up her usual laughing appearance.

Alask watched a small the transformation continued to recede.

“It’s like calming an angry kid,” he said, seeing how Lena was still obviously worried. And one of her hands was by her side. Poison? He wouldn’t judge her for taking precautions.

“I just need to - Ow!”

He recoiled his hand sharply from a sink he had been leaning on. His open palm had somehow found the silver faucet. Now both were charred black with burns. Sparks danced in the air. Alask held the burned hand by the wrist.

“Oh, yeah that - ah - hurts, but, as I said it’s like dealing with a - oh - a kid with anger issues.”

Edited by I think I am here.

14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Alask watched a small the transformation continued to recede.

“It’s like calming an angry kid,” he said, seeing how Lena was still obviously worried. And one of her hands was by her side. Poison? He wouldn’t judge her for taking precautions.

“I just need to - Ow!”

He recoiled his hand sharply from a sink he had been leaning on. His open palm had somehow found the silver faucet. Now both were charred black with burns. Sparks danced in the air. Alask held the burned hand by the wrist.

“Oh, yeah that - ah - hurts, but, as I said it’s like dealing with a - oh - a kid with anger issues.”

Lena smiled, relaxed when she saw, that the black shadows continued to vanish.

"I know about that part. The angry kid I mean."

She stepped closer gestured at his hand.

"Mind if I take a look? I promise, I won't harm you."